The Student Room Group

Help UKCAT 2017 entry

Hey, I'm trying to be proactive and going to start preparing for the UKCAT tomorrow. Doing 1 hour a day. Does anyone have any tips, advice or valuable insight?
Original post by DaveJ99
Hey, I'm trying to be proactive and going to start preparing for the UKCAT tomorrow. Doing 1 hour a day. Does anyone have any tips, advice or valuable insight?

If you're an a level student, I suggest you stop thinking about the UKCAT and start focusing on your exams that are coming up.
Yes the UKCAT is important, but it's not something you have to think about till July.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaveJ99

Hello!

Whilst it's great that you're keen on doing UKCAT revision, below is some general info about the test for you to think about:

Testing starts: 1st July
Testing ends: 21st September

With that in mind, you've actually got ages until you need to sit the test. Research shows that the students who do the best on the UKCAT do around 30 - 35 hours of revision.

Why don't you do an hour a week for now, instead of an hour per day? Then you can start to do more hours the closer you get to your booked test-date.

As a starting point, make sure you go through the helpful pages on the UKCAT website. The Candidate Preparation Toolkit has practice questions, tutorials on how to approach each section and more. It's very useful!

On our website, we've also got a UKCAT question bank with over 2000 questions. The first 50 Qs in this bank are free.

When you start to get stuck into your revision (which hopefully isn't too soon!), check out the UKCAT advice & learning tools we have on The Student Room here.

We hope this helps & good luck!

The Medic Portal
Reply 3
I'd agree with the above, focus on your exams at the moment if you're an a level student, they're the thing requiring much greater preparation. Realistically you can just focus on the Ukcat a week or two before the exam and still get a very good mark!

Quick Reply