The Student Room Group

How Do You Feel About Men Wearing MakeUp?

Scroll to see replies

it looks silly in real life but 99% of male Hollywood actors get make up put on them when they go on camera
Reply 61
Original post by Chemistrybuddy
Eyeliner makes eyes pop and seem more vibrant, especially as you have coloured eyes (assuming thats you in your DP) your eyes will look beautz, and defo attract positive attention. Ok some people may think your a bit camp, but that doesnt mean you look bad.

BTW im sure in the past both men and women wore eyeliner....???? Like in Egyptian times.

Yes you are right both male and female Egyptians did wear eye-liner.:tongue:

I guess times are always changing, just because someone might think it's "camp", doesn't always mean it is.

So I do agree with what you are saying.
Reply 62
Original post by alkaline.
hey (?)

EXAMPLE: zayn wearing kohl/surma/kajal on his lower waterline

Is he really wearing eye-liner in this? it looks photo-shopped to me though.
Original post by ForgetMe
If it suits them, why not :h: Well, it suits this guy at least :coma: Makeup is not just meant for the ladies :tongue:

I'm about to throw up.
Guys lemme tell you to 99.99999% of straight females this is horrendous n repulsive.

Original post by Jameel.n
Is he really wearing eye-liner in this? it looks photo-shopped to me though.

Yh he is its an old pic n it's a pakistani thing that he wore it, I think some Arabs do too
Reply 64
I'm about to throw up.
Guys lemme tell you to 99.99999% of straight females this is horrendous n repulsive.

Yh he is its an old pic n it's a pakistani thing that he wore it, I think some Arabs do too

Yeah Arabs do wear Kohl, but we wear it to keep out the dust/sand from our eyes.

It's seen as feminine in the West, it's conventional for us, and it can look good on some Arab men if not over done.
Original post by Thomb
Nice very 80s... I'm not the kinda style personally.

Hahaha yes :tongue: Ahh well I don't think that many people are these days! I couldn't think of a 'current' celebrity male who wears make up I'm afraid
Reply 66
Original post by Amellia123
Hahaha yes :tongue: Ahh well I don't think that many people are these days! I couldn't think of a 'current' celebrity male who wears make up I'm afraid

I'll be the first!
Original post by Thomb
I'll be the first!

Haha omg yes you should be!!! Go for it! :biggrin:

What is your favourite make up 'brand' then?
Reply 68
Haha omg yes you should be!!! Go for it! :biggrin:

What is your favourite make up 'brand' then?

LoL yes I should Chanel oc only the best for moi :lips: !

"All I ever wanted all I ever needed...." (guess who?)
Original post by Thomb
LoL yes I should Chanel oc only the best for moi :lips: !

"All I ever wanted all I ever needed...." (guess who?)

Haha :yep: Oooo fancy!! The only one that you truly feel suits ehh?

"is here, in my arms, words are very unnecessary they can only do harm......" :rofl: (if you mean 'guess who its by' then Depeche Mode lol :lol:)
Reply 70
Haha :yep: Oooo fancy!! The only one that you truly feel suits ehh?

"is here, in my arms, words are very unnecessary they can only do harm......" :rofl: (if you mean 'guess who its by' then Depeche Mode lol :lol:)

Maybe I could get a whig I've always fancied myself as a blonde.

You got it... Shhhh..... it's the sound of silence.
Original post by Thomb
Maybe I could get a whig I've always fancied myself as a blonde.

You got it... Shhhh..... it's the sound of silence.

Go for it :biggrin: I keep thinking about dying mine a shade or two lighter (but don't go completely platinum - could look a bit tacky)

Haha phew.... and of course (shhhhh)..... I wont reply any more as I just saw on your other post that you have work to do.... so see you later! :biggrin:
Reply 72
Go for it :biggrin: I keep thinking about dying mine a shade or two lighter (but don't go completely platinum - could look a bit tacky)

Haha phew.... and of course (shhhhh)..... I wont reply any more as I just saw on your other post that you have work to do.... so see you later! :biggrin:

ok thanks I need the impetus to get back to work. Before you go..

[video="youtube;snILjFUkk_A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snILjFUkk_A[/video]
Original post by ForgetMe
If it suits them, why not :h: Well, it suits this guy at least :coma: Makeup is not just meant for the ladies :tongue:

Dont you think the red eyeshadow is a bit OTT?
I'm about to throw up.

Do you want me to stick my finger deep inside your throat to help you throw up faster?

Or are you jealous that this guy can pull off the look way better than you?
If it makes him happy, sure. I won't be doing it though.
Original post by Chemistrybuddy
Dont you think the red eyeshadow is a bit OTT?

Nope

Quick Reply

Latest