The Student Room Group

How much of a turnoff are men who don't want to have kids?

Girls, give us your answers. Please provide reason

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't get with a man who didn't want kids. No point in being with someone who wants different things
Original post by queen-bee
I wouldn't get with a man who didn't want kids. No point in being with someone who wants different things

Same, children are really important to me
Reply 3
Not really a turn off.

Clearly when people reach the 'settling down' stage you need to look for compatible people.

Bear in mind there are also more and more women who don't want children.

:wink:
really big turn off.
he wants to cum inside me but he doesn't want his sperm to meet my egg ??? that's a bit rude tbh, depriving my eggs of social interaction with the opposite gender of their kind.

Spoiler

Reply 5
its a deal breaker, ive always dreamed of being a mum one day :smile:
Not wanting children is pathetic.

It's as if you're an old man who desires death.
I'm a guy but I think its a pretty big turn off for me, I had a long term girlfriend who was adamant against kids and that was honestly one of my biggest issues (a bit silly considering our age and it was unlikely to last anyway) but although I tried to forget about it, once I found out how serious she was against kids it made me less bothered to 'save' the relationship because I wouldn't want to live my life with someone like that.
I say I don't care now but this could change in the future. I'm pretty open when it comes to these things.
Turn off is an odd choice of phrase for the context.
Doesnt it depend on whether you wnat kids and also whwther you want them with this man?
Flipping the question then it can be quite alarming if the woman starts to go on about having a child and family when you are a few weeks into a relationship.
Just to give some context, I just mentioned to a girl that a famous person never had kids in an admirable tone. She frowned at me pretty badly. Does that suggest she wants kids pretty badly?
I dont really want kids so it would not be an issue
Original post by Supersaps

It is indeed
It would mean it won't work out long term if anything and I wouldn't bother dating a guy who is adamant he doesn't want kids again. Waste of time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps

True like it would be such a turn on on if your partner wanted kids haha
Perfect for me as I don't want kids either.

But really the answer you get is entirely down to whether or not the girl answering wants kids or not, pretty simple and obvious really.
At least getting turned on is a good start if you want kids. ^^
Original post by Anonymous
Just to give some context, I just mentioned to a girl that a famous person never had kids in an admirable tone. She frowned at me pretty badly. Does that suggest she wants kids pretty badly?

Not necessarily.

You should probably ask her rather than people on the internet who don't have a clue what she wants.
Original post by queen-bee

exactly, we wouldn't get along well
Original post by claireestelle
Same, children are really important to me

o.o, neither would we...
Original post by alkaline.
really big turn off.
he wants to cum inside me but he doesn't want his sperm to meet my egg ??? that's a bit rude tbh, depriving my eggs of social interaction with the opposite gender of their kind.

Spoiler

lol wat
Original post by mkap
its a deal breaker, ive always dreamed of being a mum one day :smile:

o.O well i'm not giving you children :colonhash:
Original post by Slutty Salafi
Not wanting children is pathetic.

It's as if you're an old man who desires death.

why? where is the link between you don't want children so you want death?
Original post by bluemadhatter
I dont really want kids so it would not be an issue

w would get on well together :biggrin:
Original post by jawsontheflooor
True like it would be such a turn on on if your partner wanted kids haha

lol reversing it makes it seem a lot funnier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending