The Student Room Group

Sociology or Drama

My current three options are geography, philosophy and ethics (RS) and physcology. I can then do either sociology or drama- which is better? also can anybody tell me what they're both like!
Thanks!!!!
Reply 1
What do you want to do with your future? All of your options seem wildly different from each other so it'd be good to know what career route you'd like to take.
I want to study politics or geography (or both!) at university then hopefully work as a diplomat in the civil service!!!
Not only is sociology more respected, it will be a better asset for politics for sure.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Not only is sociology more respected, it will be a better asset for politics for sure.

Thanks yeah that's true!!! Do you do sociology???
Original post by eviebrizzle
Thanks yeah that's true!!! Do you do sociology???

I did, yes.
I did, yes.
n
Did you find it interesting, useful and quite well respected by unis??
My current three options are geography, philosophy and ethics (RS) and physcology. I can then do either sociology or drama- which is better? also can anybody tell me what they're both like!
Thanks!!!!

i take sociology and i love it, it's no coursework and is all based on the exam, whereas drama has a lot of coursework (performances etc) so it depends on what course structure you prefer :smile:
n
Did you find it interesting, useful and quite well respected by unis??

I loved it! Not greatly respected but got offers from UCL, Durham & RHUL + interview at oxford so can’t be that bad!
I loved it! Not greatly respected but got offers from UCL, Durham & RHUL + interview at oxford so can’t be that bad!

That's reassuring! My others subjects are geography and philosophy and ethics (RS) so quite strong and I'm good at them so hopefully I could still go to a good uni!

Quick Reply

Latest