The Student Room Group

What would you call my hair type?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
How is a hair type ugly lol :*

I've just had it cut though if you're referring to the state it's in recently but my hair is most definitely not ugly.

I get a lot of positive comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how many times do you straighten it a week

i also left you a VM but i know the notification doesn't show up with TSR mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mall-cop
has anyone ever asked to touch your hair?

Many times. My hair is super curly and has a mind of it's own lol
Original post by mkap
it would look better a bit shorter

Yeah I just got it cut now, despite what other user thought I actually was looking for legitimate information for a haircut.

Still a bit long but the sides are pretty short now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how many times do you straighten it a week

i also left you a VM but i know the notification doesn't show up with TSR mobile

0. I don't own straighteners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your hair type looks straight to me and I think it's more your hair texture that you're referring to - hair charts are useless for this kind of thing btw
Just try loads of different products and see which works best for you
You're nowhere near a 3c lol. I think that hair chart gives quite bad examples.
Straight hair ranges from 1a to 1c. a being the straightest, and c being straight hair with some S waves.
Your hair is about 2a - S waves throughout the hair, but still very loose. These classifications are generally used on female hair but if you wanted to use it on yourself then you're a 2a, bordering on 2b (slightly more defined S waves, shorter as well rather than stretched out).
0. I don't own straighteners.

Posted from TSR Mobile

K. anyway I wanna discuss this with you a bit more so I can stop arguing with you about it. I just wanna know where you're coming from. So look at the msg I left on your wall

Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Your hair type looks straight to me and I think it's more your hair texture that you're referring to - hair charts are useless for this kind of thing btw
Just try loads of different products and see which works best for you

this girl gets it
Original post by Legendary Quest
Many times. My hair is super curly and has a mind of it's own lol

Do you let them touch it? I know this is normally a big hell no for black woman lol. Everytime I try I get my hand smacked :frown:
That's a terrible hair chart to be honest - the 4c woman looks more like a 3c!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you let them touch it? I know this is normally a big hell no for black woman lol. Everytime I try I get my hand smacked :frown:

It depends on how I'm feeling but 99% of the time it's a big no no because they don't know how to touch it correctly :laugh:
K. anyway I wanna discuss this with you a bit more so I can stop arguing with you about it. I just wanna know where you're coming from. So look at the msg I left on your wall

this girl gets it

Why do you assume that, I can't check the message on mobile but I'll reply later.

Why are you so aggressive to me, you're constantly trying to antagonise me for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Petulia
You're nowhere near a 3c lol. I think that hair chart gives quite bad examples.
Straight hair ranges from 1a to 1c. a being the straightest, and c being straight hair with some S waves.
Your hair is about 2a - S waves throughout the hair, but still very loose. These classifications are generally used on female hair but if you wanted to use it on yourself then you're a 2a, bordering on 2b (slightly more defined S waves, shorter as well rather than stretched out).

Thanks for clarifying. You seem quite knowledgeable.

Yeah I knew it wasn't really a 3C type I guess

(Apologies, I forgot to quote)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do you assume that, I can't check the message on mobile but I'll reply later.

Why are you so aggressive to me, you're constantly trying to antagonise me for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where in this post was I being aggressive? I was literally being calm...I didn't start being aggressive to you till you quoted me several times in several threads in the same minute and confronted me on my wall bruh
Where in this post was I being aggressive? I was literally being calm...I didn't start being aggressive to you till you quoted me several times in several threads in the same minute and confronted me on my wall bruh

You did it in your first post here, constantly make some sort of ethnic tension post.

You always were abrasive on your Mango Peeler account, maybe you didn't intend to be but I generally found it very annoying and aggressive.

Like you'd sometimes quote me with little comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for clarifying. You seem quite knowledgeable.

Yeah I knew it wasn't really a 3C type I guess

(Apologies, I forgot to quote)

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a guy, your hair type doesn't matter much. Just know that generally your hair is wavy and looks quite thick. The best thing anyone can do with their hair is have a distinctive parting. It's enough to make people think you've made an effort to style your hair that day. If you don't have a rat-tail comb (just a regular comb but the handle is long and pointed) you can use a pencil to do it. Usually from the corner of your forehead, you guide the tail of the comb or a pencil in a straight line through your hair.

I tried to find a YouTube tutorial for you, but it seems like most males who do this themselves just do it with their fingers and a barber's comb. :curious:
This video gives you an idea of how to part by yourself, and your hair is quite long too so this should be doable (skip to about 1 minute and just watch the bit where he does the parting, the rest is nonsense):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK5i0E_dBvQ
Original post by tolulah
That's a terrible hair chart to be honest - the 4c woman looks more like a 3c!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I couldn't find many good examples but I always see people just casually saying oh I'm a 3c or a 2b and I was wondering what I was.
Original post by Petulia
As a guy, your hair type doesn't matter much. Just know that generally your hair is wavy and looks quite thick. The best thing anyone can do with their hair is have a distinctive parting. It's enough to make people think you've made an effort to style your hair that day. If you don't have a rat-tail comb (just a regular comb but the handle is long and pointed) you can use a pencil to do it. Usually from the corner of your forehead, you guide the tail of the comb or a pencil in a straight line through your hair.

I tried to find a YouTube tutorial for you, but it seems like most males who do this themselves just do it with their fingers and a barber's comb. :curious:
This video gives you an idea of how to part by yourself, and your hair is quite long too so this should be doable (skip to about 1 minute and just watch the bit where he does the parting, the rest is nonsense):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK5i0E_dBvQ

Wow thanks for the link, just got my hair cut and styled today. I have like a bit of parting/separation at the side where I part my hair so I can have it like "swoop". Yeah I'd tend to use my fingers tbh, although I do think I have one of those combs.
Original post by ivy.98
just indian hair inni

I thought most Indians had like pin-straight hair without any 'curl'.
I thought most Indians had like pin-straight hair without any 'curl'.

have you ever left the house?
anyway responding to your vm now...mate.
I think I'd call that "overgrown pubes"
Your shorter cut looked good though.

Quick Reply

Latest