The Student Room Group

50 people dead in Pakistan after ISLAMIC terror attack

Scroll to see replies

You lot do know the current Government, of PK, paid to have his wife assassinated. And they claimed a few months they killed off all the Taliban, my arse :biggrin:
Original post by Thisguy11
1. The targets were CHRISTIANS so thats why this was in the news, many attacks happen targetting MUSLIMS and they dont get a decent mention

2. Christianity has been used to justify many injustices in the past, the problem is the middle east hast developed properly, cause the west (powerful) just kept ****ing the entire 3rd world.

3.there are many people who are originally Christians, Jews and even atheists who get converted to join ISIS, anyone is capable of the psychology

4. I saw a story on a gang rape, by Christians, I dont use that to genralise them

They were mentioned because they were directly targeted, as aforementioned by the Taliban themselves :smile: Dont let religion become a boundary between two people, we're all human.
Original post by mil88
Ha, target christians and kills muslims... Good one

Actually, I was raising the point that how can this have been an Islamic attack when both victim and criminal were indeed Muslim? The user replied with killing infidels and then I probed him on this, then he ignored my point and quoted irrelevant verses of the Quran.

It seems you didn't understand my simple point. The Quran states that the belivers are brothers, and thus a Muslim killing another Muslim is clearly breaching and violating this verse. Hence, the criminals didn't act Islamically.

The point that you raised about shia and sunni isn't proving anything (also, are you aware who the 'victim sect' is out of the both?)

That's great news about the caliphs and all, but it just informed me of you apparent lack of understanding of Islam. The notion of the caliphs isn't a ubiquitous belief of all sects and thus that's irrelevant. I dare and ask for your evidence for you final and bold claim.

all (major) sects accept , and have put in place in history, their own forms of caliphate. as we have seen both mohammeds regin and those of caliphates all saw much bloody war and killings . islam is no panecea for this
i thnk the islamist of Jamaat ul-Ahrar confirmed now they were indeed trying to target christians. whether they kill muslims or non muslims is essentially inconsequential - they are killing people under their islamist agendas, which is the cruz of the problem. your apologist attitude of consistently trying to re-direct away from the doctirne that drives them is neither helpful nor accepted. deal with the root cause of the problem , dont apologise for it.
Original post by Oblivion99
You lot do know the current Government, of PK, paid to have his wife assassinated. And they claimed a few months they killed off all the Taliban, my arse :biggrin:

Whose wife? The current prime ministers wife is still alive :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mil88
I never negated that. I said that they're acts are not Islamic.

and so , when mohammed had men women and children ( and captives) killed - he was acting unislamically? and what about the caliphs
Reply 245
Original post by Reformed
and so , when mohammed had men women and children ( and captives) killed - he was acting unislamically? and what about the caliphs

INB4 "Context"
Original post by Lord Samosa
Whose wife? The current prime ministers wife is still alive :s-smilie:

He's probs on about Benazir Bhutto. He probably thinks the government is still PPP.

Firstly, I would like evidence of this claim.

I'm not sure why you have raised the issue of the caliphs, when they aren't even agreed on by all muslims (some sects reject them)
Reply 248
Original post by mil88
Firstly, I would like evidence of this claim.

I'm not sure why you have raised the issue of the caliphs, when they aren't even agreed on by all muslims (some sects reject them)

“I said (would you attack) my prisoners? But... The people formed a ring around us as I was protecting him. Then a man drew his sword and cut off his son’s foot so that he fell down and Umayya [the boy’s father] let out a cry such as I have never heard… They hewed them to pieces with their swords until they were dead.” (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 449)

Mu’awwidh passed Abu Jahl as he lay there helpless and smote him until he left him at his last gasp. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 451)Another Muslim named Abdullah then came by and put his foot on Abu Jahl’s neck and taunted him before decapitating him:
Then I cut off his head and brought it to the apostle saying, “This is the head of the enemy of Allah, Abu Jahl.”… I threw his head before the apostle and he gave thanks to Allah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 451).

“When the apostle ordered him to be killed, Uqba said, “But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?” [Muhammad’s reply] “Hell.” The man was put to death. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 458)
all (major) sects accept , and have put in place in history, their own forms of caliphate. as we have seen both mohammeds regin and those of caliphates all saw much bloody war and killings . islam is no panecea for this
i thnk the islamist of Jamaat ul-Ahrar confirmed now they were indeed trying to target christians. whether they kill muslims or non muslims is essentially inconsequential - they are killing people under their islamist agendas, which is the cruz of the problem. your apologist attitude of consistently trying to re-direct away from the doctirne that drives them is neither helpful nor accepted. deal with the root cause of the problem , dont apologise for it.

What do you mean by 'major sects', give some examples.

I disagree, although the intention of the attack is important to an extent, the actual victims have great importance and for this instance, killing other muslims is un islamic.

Can I ask of which 'doctrine' you speak of that drives them, and the relevance of this to the religion itself.

I know a lot about the root cause of these problems, and by accusing the religion, in my view, is not right.

I don't think I have ever apologized for anything on this thread.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Calling me ignorant now are we. This discussion is close.

Well seeing as you haven't actually responded or attempted to refute my answer leaves me to believe that my assertion is likely to be correct.

Also, I have never called you ignorant, I said 'if'. I'm sure you would agree that there's an difference.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Who are majority Muslims. Funny how that gets left out when people want to paint them as the good guys fighting ISIS. Muslims can;t be good guys evidently.

Given that the Kurds are actually doing something against that lot, one can be forgiven for forgetting that they're Muslim.
Original post by wdkmwd
“I said (would you attack) my prisoners? But... The people formed a ring around us as I was protecting him. Then a man drew his sword and cut off his son’s foot so that he fell down and Umayya [the boy’s father] let out a cry such as I have never heard… They hewed them to pieces with their swords until they were dead.” (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 449)

Mu’awwidh passed Abu Jahl as he lay there helpless and smote him until he left him at his last gasp. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 451)Another Muslim named Abdullah then came by and put his foot on Abu Jahl’s neck and taunted him before decapitating him:
Then I cut off his head and brought it to the apostle saying, “This is the head of the enemy of Allah, Abu Jahl.”… I threw his head before the apostle and he gave thanks to Allah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 451).

“When the apostle ordered him to be killed, Uqba said, “But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?” [Muhammad’s reply] “Hell.” The man was put to death. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 458)

Okay, nice to know that you have quotes from only 1 sect of the religion. Can you provide reliable evidence from different sects as well? (To prove that this issue is with the religion, not just with 1 sect).
Reply 253
Original post by mil88
Okay, nice to know that you have quotes from only 1 sect of the religion. Can you provide reliable evidence from different sects as well? (To prove that this issue is with the religion, not just with 1 sect).

The hell are you getting this "sects" garbage from?

Muhammed himself said that the best and most ideal generations of muslims were the first 3 generations of muslims, so all this garbage double talk about sects should be saved for the birds.
don't they ever get bored of that old cliche? blowing yourself up is so 2001
Reply 255
Original post by AlmightyJesus
don't they ever get bored of that old cliche? blowing yourself up is so 2001

Tell me about it.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Given that the Kurds are actually doing something against that lot, one can be forgiven for forgetting that they're Muslim.

So the people "actually do something against that lot" are Muslims.... What is everyone else doing? Instead of being all keyboard warrior condemning Muslims everywhere why don't people go over and volenteer and help the Kurdish Muslims fighting ISIS?

If you are someone that likes simplistic world views and wants to just blame the evil Muslims sure youcan be forgiven. As well as helping give ISIS and other Islamists free propaganda.

Do you also forget about the Muslims in the FSA that are in the US lead anti ISIS coalition? I donl;t see why we should forgive pig ignorance tbo nor is it something to be proud of.

Thanks for bolstering my point though :wink:

Original post by wdkmwd
The hell are you getting this "sects" garbage from?Muhammed himself said that the best and most ideal generations of muslims were the first 3 generations of muslims, so all this garbage double talk about sects should be saved for the birds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sect

The ancient schools of Islamic jurisprudence or Islamic law in Islam are known as "madh'habs." In the beginning Islam was classically divided into three major sects. These political divisions are well known as Sunni, Shi'a and Kharijites. Each sect developed several distinct jurisprudence systems reflecting their own understanding of the Islamic law during the course of thehistory of Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wdkmwd
The hell are you getting this "sects" garbage from?

Muhammed himself said that the best and most ideal generations of muslims were the first 3 generations of muslims, so all this garbage double talk about sects should be saved for the birds.

It transpires that you are perhaps not familiar with sects with in Islam, and thus you are making a mockery of my reply.

Where did you get this quote of the prophet from?

It also appears that you aren't familiar with the events that occurred after the death of the prophet. Try and research it.
Reply 258
Original post by mil88
It transpires that you are perhaps not familiar with sects with in Islam, and thus you are making a mockery of my reply.

Where did you get this quote of the prophet from?

It also appears that you aren't familiar with the events that occurred after the death of the prophet. Try and research it.

I am well aware of sects in Islam, I am also well aware of the events that transpired after the death of muhammed at the hands of a jewish woman.

My point was that sects of islam has nothing to do with the quotes I produced.
Reply 259
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
So the people "actually do something against that lot" are Muslims.... What is everyone else doing? Instead of being all keyboard warrior condemning Muslims everywhere why don't people go over and volenteer and help the Kurdish Muslims fighting ISIS?

If you are someone that likes simplistic world views and wants to just blame the evil Muslims sure youcan be forgiven. As well as helping give ISIS and other Islamists free propaganda.

Do you also forget about the Muslims in the FSA that are in the US lead anti ISIS coalition? I donl;t see why we should forgive pig ignorance tbo nor is it something to be proud of.

Thanks for bolstering my point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sect

The ancient schools of Islamic jurisprudence or Islamic law in Islam are known as "madh'habs." In the beginning Islam was classically divided into three major sects. These political divisions are well known as Sunni, Shi'a and Kharijites. Each sect developed several distinct jurisprudence systems reflecting their own understanding of the Islamic law during the course of thehistory of Islam.

Everyone knows about The shia's and the sunni's.

What I asked was how the sects of Islam was remotely relevant to the quotes of muhammed murdering people like you asked to see?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending