The Student Room Group

Good excuse for not seeing my gf this weekend?

So my family is coming over this weekend, and tbh I dont want my gf to know because if she did, she'd want to meet them & I'm not serious about her enough yet to be comfortable with that.

The key problem is that my gf lives like 5 mins walk away from me, so there's a chance our paths might cross this weekend, and she would see me with my family (like 5 people).

So I guess I need an excuse that includes my family, but one that means I wont be able to spend time with her. Any ideas?
(edited 8 years ago)
Honesty is the best policy :wink:
my stomach is upset and i have to go to toilet every 10 min so my family is helping me to recover :colone:
is that good enough?
Just say there's some family stuff going on so its not the best time for her to come over.
Just be honest and say you are not ready for her to meet your parents yet, if she's decent, she will understand.
You feel very ill and to make it worse family is coming over.

anyway tell her get away. LOL
Reply 6
tell her you're on your period
I feel like your weekend is gonna be something straight out of a Disney Channel sitcom...
Reply 8
Be honest.

Otherwise things could get pretty awkward.

:wink:
Original post by Kielbasa

boys and period :colonhash:
new species have been discovered :colondollar:
You could tell her you don't like guests at family orgies. :colone:

Perhaps an option?
Original post by Nile.
So my family is coming over this weekend, and tbh I dont want my gf to know because if she did, she'd want to meet them & I'm not serious about her enough yet to be comfortable with that.

The key problem is that my gf lives like 5 mins walk away from me, so there's a chance our paths might cross this weekend, and she would see me with my family (like 5 people).

So I guess I need an excuse that includes my family, but one that means I wont be able to spend time with her. Any ideas?

why don't you want to spend time with her?
but i guess if that's what you want to do then go ahead.....
Original post by Kielbasa

Best excuse ever😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell her that everyone in your family has some annoying but not deadly contagious illness, with a small incubation time. Something that requires a fair amount of exposure to contract, so that they can go out in public.
either tell her the truth or say it's someone's birthday/seeing family who aren't often there/going out for a meal, something that you could say she can't come along to without offending her since if it's a family birthday/infrequent visit it would be reasonable for it to be family only, likewise a meal could be prebooked for just family

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending