The Student Room Group

Took a dump and bled about 5 litres of it AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
could be but it's not often enough and not enough blood for me to constitute it as cancer

Even if it's just once and only a really small bit of blood it's worth getting checked, been a few adverts advising people to
Reply 21
Original post by GettingitDone
Even if it's just once and only a really small bit of blood it's worth getting checked, been a few adverts advising people to

will do when i go back to school
Phone 111. It's an out of hours GP thing
will do when i go back to school

I'd call 111. It could be a medical emergency. Blood coming out of places it isn't mean to can be a sign of internal bleeding or other serious conditions. Especially if it looke like a lot. I wouldn't risk it.
I'm not ok. I'm slightly worried the whole toilet water was a dark red, when i wiped my butt there was a lot of red o.o

:frown: I found this sad ^
Reply 25
Original post by Kindred
I'd call 111. It could be a medical emergency. Blood coming out of places it isn't mean to can be a sign of internal bleeding or other serious conditions. Especially if it looke like a lot. I wouldn't risk it.

lol it was just that one time, i'm sure it'll happen later in life.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:frown: I found this sad ^

really?

also why is this thread back from the dead? xD where did you guys find this? or were you previous posters?
lol it was just that one time, i'm sure it'll happen later in life.

really?

also why is this thread back from the dead? xD where did you guys find this? or were you previous posters?

Yes because it's not healthy for blood to come out of you like that! You should definitely go to the doctors about it. Also it sounded painful...
Reply 27
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yes because it's not healthy for blood to come out of you like that! You should definitely go to the doctors about it. Also it sounded painful...

nope if fact the opposite, it felt like the most heavenly poop i did. It was super relaxing until i wiped and saw red.

not healthy no but it hasn't happened since then so i should be ok
Reply 28
Original post by Kel_Med
5 litres?? brraaaaah.. I hope you donated that shizz

i'm sorry but i'm not donating 5 litres of **** and blood.

that's seriously unhygienic also toilet water has been mixed in with it too :/
Reply 29
Original post by Kel_Med
Just use a colander :smile:

poop's too heavy and too big and too wide
Reply 30
Original post by Kel_Med
Seriously tho, hope you're better now :/

yea i'll be fine till that probably will come round again in th near future, i had a saga of this while i was in year 10 where i had about a month of bloody poop then it stopped after that
Reply 31
Original post by Kel_Med
It's happened before? eeesh hope you holla'd at your GP

who needs a gp when you can mull it over and die from blood loss?
If its light red, then it could be a rectal tear. Nothing (much) to worry about.

If its a darker shade of red, then there's a problem deeper inside, and you might be f*cked!
Still a better love story than twilight.
The possibilities it could be...

Anal Fissure: You were constipated it and the stool caused a tear of your skin causing there to be bleeding

Peptic Ulcer: An open sore in the lining of the stomach, these ulcers are caused from infections from bacteria

Gastroenteritis: It's a viral or bacterial infection of the stomach and bowel, which your immune system will usually fight off after a few days

Piles/Haemorrhoids: enlarged blood vessels that re founds inside or around the rectum and anus

Polyps/Cancer: Raisen like spot that can grow, bleed and become cancer.

It is important to get a doctor to evaluate any blood in the poo. Any details you can give about the bleeding will help your doctor locate the site of the bleeding. For example, a black, tarry stool is more likely to be caused by a peptic ulcer or other problem in the upper part of the digestive tract. Bright red blood, or maroon-coloured stools, usually indicate a problem in the lower part of the digestive tract, such as haemorrhoids or diverticulitis.

Questions to ask yourself:

What colour was the blood? Was it fresh red blood?

Was it on top of the stool or mixed with it?

Was there any discomfort while passing the stool?

Did the bleeding continue after passing the stool? So after you left the bathroom.

Don't be too worried, this happens to many people. As for the general advice anyone can give is to see a doctor as soon as possible, I'm sure a doctor can help you far better than a TSR user could.
Don't wait on it is all the advice I can give.
Reply 36
Original post by RezzBerry
If its light red, then it could be a rectal tear. Nothing (much) to worry about.

If its a darker shade of red, then there's a problem deeper inside, and you might be f*cked!

it wasn't super conc and dark i would say light red but there was just a fair bit of it.

Original post by XOR_
Still a better love story than twilight.

........:colonhash:

Original post by Anonymous
The possibilities it could be...

Anal Fissure: You were constipated it and the stool caused a tear of your skin causing there to be bleeding

Peptic Ulcer: An open sore in the lining of the stomach, these ulcers are caused from infections from bacteria

Gastroenteritis: It's a viral or bacterial infection of the stomach and bowel, which your immune system will usually fight off after a few days

Piles/Haemorrhoids: enlarged blood vessels that re founds inside or around the rectum and anus

Polyps/Cancer: Raisen like spot that can grow, bleed and become cancer.

It is important to get a doctor to evaluate any blood in the poo. Any details you can give about the bleeding will help your doctor locate the site of the bleeding. For example, a black, tarry stool is more likely to be caused by a peptic ulcer or other problem in the upper part of the digestive tract. Bright red blood, or maroon-coloured stools, usually indicate a problem in the lower part of the digestive tract, such as haemorrhoids or diverticulitis.

Questions to ask yourself:

What colour was the blood? Was it fresh red blood?

Was it on top of the stool or mixed with it?

Was there any discomfort while passing the stool?

Did the bleeding continue after passing the stool? So after you left the bathroom.

Don't be too worried, this happens to many people. As for the general advice anyone can give is to see a doctor as soon as possible, I'm sure a doctor can help you far better than a TSR user could.

hey! thanks for your concern but it's not that serious, it's most likely an anal fissure or something to do with my dofe expedition since that happened and i pretty much died on it so many it did something to my blood and i had to poop it out? but yea really not too seriously.
yes it was fresh, no discomfort, no blood on top of the poop..... well there was when i was taking the poop, it came out with it i think
no bleeding after i left toilet

but yea this happened quite often in the past so yea....

also why tf is this thread still going xD?
Reply 37
Original post by Joel 96
Don't wait on it is all the advice I can give.

i've waited a few years...
i've waited a few years...

Why are you only mentioning it now?
Reply 39
Original post by Joel 96
Why are you only mentioning it now?

i mentioned it a few days ago, and that was because there was a bit more blood than normal

Quick Reply

Latest