The Student Room Group

Revision motivation :(

I'm doing my AS levels, Geography English Lit Business and Sociology, and I have no motivation to revise:frown: its bad I know..

Ive done all of my notes for each of my subjects, i just have one more mindmap to do for English (the tempest themes) which is good, but now that its come to actually revising that information, it seems so difficult and i get distracted after minutes

Can someone motivate me pleasee, how do you guys stay motivated? I'm not even doing well so I do need to start asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, give yourself some mini awards along the way and listen to a motivational play list to get into the mood. Also get rid of distractions like phone etc
same bro same

Spoiler

Original post by benj1999
I'm doing my AS levels, Geography English Lit Business and Sociology, and I have no motivation to revise:frown: its bad I know..

Ive done all of my notes for each of my subjects, i just have one more mindmap to do for English (the tempest themes) which is good, but now that its come to actually revising that information, it seems so difficult and i get distracted after minutes

Can someone motivate me pleasee, how do you guys stay motivated? I'm not even doing well so I do need to start asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it, don't be so hard on yourself and just do it :smile:
Why don't you have the motivation to revise?
Reply 4
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
Hi, give yourself some mini awards along the way and listen to a motivational play list to get into the mood. Also get rid of distractions like phone etc

Ive tried that:frown: i had m&ms beside me. And each time i revised a post it note, i told myself i could have one m&m.. But i just ate loads of them without revising xD yeah my phone is very distracting.. I need to get rid of it somehow when i revise. Thank you! I'll try and try to go ahead with my rewards, and i'll also give my phone to my sister or a friend for a while whilst i revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Laurasaur
Don't worry about it, don't be so hard on yourself and just do it :smile:
Why don't you have the motivation to revise?

I'm not even sure really. I just get impatient, like I don't have the patience to sit down and read flashcards and post it notes... Its bad, I should have the patience as I need the grades, but i cant seem to find any! :cries:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by surina16
same bro same

Spoiler

Haha yep! Its quite hard.. What subjects are you doing for GCSE's? How are they going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yep! Its quite hard.. What subjects are you doing for GCSE's? How are they going

Posted from TSR Mobile

maths, eng lit and lang, bio, chem, phys, french, spanish, history and computing
:colonhash:
eh they're going alright ish tbh I'm just so bored of most of them and can't wait until I drop everything I hate :biggrin:
How are your AS's going?
Ive tried that:frown: i had m&ms beside me. And each time i revised a post it note, i told myself i could have one m&m.. But i just ate loads of them without revising xD yeah my phone is very distracting.. I need to get rid of it somehow when i revise. Thank you! I'll try and try to go ahead with my rewards, and i'll also give my phone to my sister or a friend for a while whilst i revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah m&ms never seem to work :frown:
Maybe after revision sessions go and make yourself a snack, I recommend Nutella sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt, veg and dip etc
Try freezing your phone in a giant ice cube!:tongue:
here's my revision motivation....

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending