The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

do you wanna get RKO'D
Reply 21
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Correct. However this is in general... I can say that I am most likely more sentimental than a women...

You're....not female?
Reply 22
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
do you wanna get RKO'D

no, but I suppose the Quran justifies attacking 'non-believers'.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Omg dude, I remember you from last time.

SAME!
Original post by datmofo

It's just a prank bro. Chill.
the quote regarding inheritance is usually because when a woman gets married the dowry etc they are given kinda accounts for not inheriting much as their brothers. usually a woman's husband would provide them with everything they need in order to care for them
Original post by iEthan
SAME!

Always nice to see a familiar face :smile:
Original post by datmofo
Started talking to a Muslim girl on the train, she said she was thinking about leaving Islam as she didn't think it was equal for women.

She had a Quran in English and showed me these verses, I was shocked.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

It's amazing how you need to create stories to talk about islam, you should go out sometimes, and take the train for real, maybe a muslim girl will talk to you then.
And oh ! Don't forget not to tell us about it :h:

I answered!

Since when are you a girl omg..
Original post by datmofo
could you explain, thanks.

As I said before. Women and men have different characteristics from birth. You may disagree, but the well being of humanity has usually rested on women, to keep the world safe. Men tend to drive this world forward, rather than help keep it safe. Its all like a scientific investigation, the men are the method, and the women are the risk assessment. To a certain extent this shows how women are much more important than men. If we all were to dig a little deeper and infer then this might help us understand the first quote.

It says the men should have double what a women gets, in terms of estate. Here the thing is, the man will get double of a women, but the man will surely give out sooo much for his wife, who we can say gets half of the man's double. thus if the man gets 2/4 of the property, his wife gets 1/4 of the property, and the man's sisters get 1/4 each. So the man gets 1/4 as well. The wife in this case will get 1/2 of what his husband gets, and in truth they get more! LMAO!

Second one is explained as I said before. The third one is also explained by what I said I think, if not quote this and tell me!

Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
It's amazing how you need to create stories to talk about islam, you should go out sometimes, and take the train for real, maybe a muslim girl will talk to you then.
And oh ! Don't forget not to tell us about it :h:

Since when are you a girl omg..

by making up stories the thread doesnt get deleted :u:
Original post by datmofo
by making up stories the thread doesnt get deleted :u:

Exactly. Get a real life.
Reply 31
As I said before. Women and men have different characteristics from birth. You may disagree, but the well being of humanity has usually rested on women, to keep the world safe. Men tend to drive this world forward, rather than help keep it safe. Its all like a scientific investigation, the men are the method, and the women are the risk assessment. To a certain extent this shows how women are much more important than men. If we all were to dig a little deeper and infer then this might help us understand the first quote.

It says the men should have double what a women gets, in terms of estate. Here the thing is, the man will get double of a women, but the man will surely give out sooo much for his wife, who we can say gets half of the man's double. thus if the man gets 2/4 of the property, his wife gets 1/4 of the property, and the man's sisters get 1/4 each.

Second one is explained as I said before. The third one is also explained by what I said I think, if not quote this and tell me!

Thank you!

Okay thanks, I still don't understand the 3rd verse

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"
Hmmm...fancy some bible quotes?

1 Corinthians 11:3

" But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God."

1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35*

" Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law."
" And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Let me know if you want more:wink:

Its not that deep frenchie! Man had a question now its done! I hopefully answered it...
Reply 34

Coming from the person whos desperate for people on the internet to talk to them.
Original post by datmofo
Good England. But yes, I have a very good memory.

I'm just curious how women can be muslim when Islam is so sexist.

You could say the exact same thing about any religion or culture, including Christianity.
Its not that deep frenchie! Man had a question now its done! I hopefully answered it...

Why not ask real questions then --"

Original post by datmofo
Coming from the person whos desperate for people on the internet to talk to them.

You mean coming from people who make a giant chat thread and become wonderfuly popular by asking real questions when they have some ?
Yes it's me :h:.
Reply 37
Original post by elforjg02
Hmmm...fancy some bible quotes?

1 Corinthians 11:3

" But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God."

1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35*

" Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law."
" And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Let me know if you want more:wink:

I'm an Atheist, so I don't care. But the bible is less sexist than the Quran.
Why not ask real questions then --"

You mean coming from people who make a giant chat thread and become wonderfuly popular by asking real questions when they have some ?
Yes it's me :h:.

Damn DANIELLL! You just.... Demolished the lad!
Original post by datmofo

Did I answer your question?

Latest