The Student Room Group

Oxford or Cambridge?

I want to study English at either Oxford or Cambridge. I love drama and would like to go to a university with plenty of opportunities to pursue this. Which university is more intwined with dramatic arts. I know Cambridge have footlights and Oxford is more 'arty' but which one has a stronger record for drama facilities and societies?
Both are great. Visit them and see for yourself, talk to students. My daughter wanted to go to Oxford, then didn't like it upon visiting. She then loved Cambridge, and applied there instead. Others have had the opposite experience. It is a gut feeling, intuitive.
According to the university ranks, Cambridge currently beats Oxford on its English degree ratings but, I wouldn't even let this influence your decision and advise you to take advantage of the open days commencing soon
Cambridge! (but then again, im biased :tongue:)
Original post by isabelle99
I want to study English at either Oxford or Cambridge. I love drama and would like to go to a university with plenty of opportunities to pursue this. Which university is more intwined with dramatic arts. I know Cambridge have footlights and Oxford is more 'arty' but which one has a stronger record for drama facilities and societies?

I have vague feeling that Cambridge has more drama stuff going on, but that's not based on much (and I might be biased). Cambridge has certainly produced a lot of good comedians over the years.
Reply 5
Original post by sweeneyrod
I have vague feeling that Cambridge has more drama stuff going on, but that's not based on much (and I might be biased). Cambridge has certainly produced a lot of good comedians over the years.

OMG!! Well there you go, Cambridge all the way. Sarcasm by the way! Do your research.on all unis, Oxbridge isn't everything.
Original post by 210555
Oxbridge isn't everything.

Well, no (as I seem to tell a new medicine applicant each day). I was just answering the question.
Reply 7
Original post by 210555
OMG!! Well there you go, Cambridge all the way. Sarcasm by the way! Do your research.on all unis, Oxbridge isn't everything.

Well of course not but there's nothing wrong with aiming for the top. I've done a lot of research thank you and these are my top two favourite universities so I am trying to weigh the pros and cons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending