The Student Room Group

OXBRIDGE Medicine interview questions

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of the interview for medicine at Cambridge specifically or Oxford, and what sort of questions were asked? I understand that they are interested in the way you think and not worried if the final answer is wrong.
Original post by Uni12345678
I was just wondering if anyone has experience of the interview for medicine at Cambridge specifically or Oxford, and what sort of questions were asked? I understand that they are interested in the way you think and not worried if the final answer is wrong.

Goooood morning,

You're right in thinking that Oxford and Cambridge interviews are different to the more traditional style interviews in universities elsewhere. Often, admissions tutors from Ox/Camb are trying to assess your creativity and lateral thinking.

However, you obviously have to make sure you know your science/maths syllabuses inside out before your interview!

Check out this free page of info on our website, written by an Oxford Medicine graduate. It outlines the interview process/style and gives example questions.

We've also got this free blog which you can read. It's full of top tips on how to answer Oxford/Cambridge Medicine interview questions and has a worked example.

We hope this helps!

The Medic Portal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending