The Student Room Group

What car is everyone driving?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
Corsa aka the chavmobile.

Hmm ok haha. Never heard it called that before.
I want a 2016 mazda mx5 miata so bad! :colondollar:
Original post by Azhar Rana
I want a 2016 mazda mx5 miata so bad! :colondollar:

Nice choice!!
I really want a Mazda RX7
Im a Mazda fanboy!!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Nice choice!!
I really want a Mazda RX7
Im a Mazda fanboy!!

hi5 same here. My dad's 1st car was a Mazda 323 wagon. I am mx5 NA fanboy!! I have actually seen a nice mazda 6, I guess I might replace it with my Nissan :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
hi5 same here. My dad's 1st car was a Mazda 323 wagon. I am mx5 NA fanboy!! I have actually seen a nice mazda 6, I guess I might replace it with my Nissan :wink:

Nice!
I'm looking at getting either a NA or an NB MX5 as my second car. Maybe even an RX8 (if the insurance is affordable), I love the rotary engine too but it might be a bit much for a second car.
The new Mazda 6 looks amazing, as does the previous one. Nissan are my second favourite car manufacturer but I would buy a Mazda anyway over a Nissan (Unless it's a 180SX).
Nice!
I'm looking at getting either a NA or an NB MX5 as my second car. Maybe even an RX8 (if the insurance is affordable), I love the rotary engine too but it might be a bit much for a second car.
The new Mazda 6 looks amazing, as does the previous one. Nissan are my second favourite car manufacturer but I would buy a Mazda anyway over a Nissan (Unless it's a 180SX).

Rotatory engines are expensive to maintain, Mx5 is way reliable. I am looking into a 2005 mazda 6 made by ford during its time.
Rotatory engines are expensive to maintain, Mx5 is way reliable. I am looking into a 2005 mazda 6 made by ford during its time.

I don't really care tbh. Nothing's gonna put me off. I still love them. Especially the Quad Rotor!
The MX5 is reliable but it's really slow, apparently.
The 05 Mazda 6 isn't a bad car. Although it is built by Ford so who knows what might happen with it.
I don't really care tbh. Nothing's gonna put me off. I still love them. Especially the Quad Rotor!
The MX5 is reliable but it's really slow, apparently.
The 05 Mazda 6 isn't a bad car. Although it is built by Ford so who knows what might happen with it.

Americans build heavy cars, I usually drive on motorways with 90 mph+ and the car literally shakes with the wind, the more heavier the car, the better it is for me.
Yes, but its RWD and who cares about speed when you can have soo much fun on it.
Americans build heavy cars, I usually drive on motorways with 90 mph+ and the car literally shakes with the wind, the more heavier the car, the better it is for me.
Yes, but its RWD and who cares about speed when you can have soo much fun on it.

True. My current car has a top speed of 96 mph! I prefer lightness tbh. Better handling and more speed!
Because it's not fun on a racetrack! I'm gonna want to do track days (i want to now but my car is sooooo slow!) and an MX5 is too slow for that really. A rotary engine can have its power increased really easily.
There is a guy who created a Quad Rotor Twin Turbo NC MX5 with 1200BHP!
It has 1hp per 1kg. It's crazy!
True. My current car has a top speed of 96 mph! I prefer lightness tbh. Better handling and more speed!
Because it's not fun on a racetrack! I'm gonna want to do track days (i want to now but my car is sooooo slow!) and an MX5 is too slow for that really. A rotary engine can have its power increased really easily.
There is a guy who created a Quad Rotor Twin Turbo NC MX5 with 1200BHP!
It has 1hp per 1kg. It's crazy!

That true! Rotatory engines are so easy to modify, even adding a turbo is a breeze. Yep they do have very big output relative to weight and that's what makes them soo fun to drive man. Even better than 2jz and rb26det, its a hell of a rocket!
(edited 8 years ago)
That true! Rotatory engines are so easy to modify, even adding a turbo is a breeze. Yep they do have very big output relative to weight and that's what makes them soo fun to drive man. Even better than 2jz and rb26det, its a hell of a rocket!

Indeed they are. They also have a small displacement too. RX8 has a 1.3L rotary with 228bhp.
I really want to drive one. The only problem is the insurance is so expensive because of the power.
Indeed they are. They also have a small displacement too. RX8 has a 1.3L rotary with 228bhp.
I really want to drive one. The only problem is the insurance is so expensive because of the power.

Its unfair that these cars aren't that risky, but insurance wants to make quick money :tongue:. I once sat in a 1980 mazda rx7, the engine is so tiny. I couldn't drive it because it was having a major service at a garage, the garage guy seemed nice and allow me to start it up and rev it a little :smile:
'15 plate Fiesta Titanium, drives so nicely and is great on fuel.
Reply 93

Remapped 2013 Mercedes C250 AMG Sport Plus
Its unfair that these cars aren't that risky, but insurance wants to make quick money :tongue:. I once sat in a 1980 mazda rx7, the engine is so tiny. I couldn't drive it because it was having a major service at a garage, the garage guy seemed nice and allow me to start it up and rev it a little :smile:

Friggin insurance!
I really want an RX7/8 at the moment. I believe the RX8 is in the same insurance group as a BMW M3!
Lucky! I would love at least sit in one. I love the sound of a rotary!
Reply 95
Friggin insurance!
I really want an RX7/8 at the moment. I believe the RX8 is in the same insurance group as a BMW M3!

M3 is Group 45, RX8 is around the 30s, so it's not bad on the insurance side of things. What makes you want an RX8 so much anyway?
Original post by NX172
M3 is Group 45, RX8 is around the 30s, so it's not bad on the insurance side of things. What makes you want an RX8 so much anyway?

Ah right, thats just what id heard, i havent actually looked. Its still expensive on insurance for me yet.
I love Mazdas and the RX8 is an affordable sports car from them. I also love the rotary engine and the RX8 is the easiest way to get one currently. The car itself seems really good from what ive seen so far. Havent looked at one properly in person (as i cant afford the insurance) but i will do when i go to change my car next year.
Friggin insurance!

Yeah, braahhp tutututu!
Yeah, braahhp tutututu!

Indeed haha.
Gorgeous sound. I so badly want one!
I heard one at 9000rpm indoors last year during Top Gear live and it was one of my favourite moments. They also had a Porsche 918 there during the show which was awesome!
Indeed haha.
Gorgeous sound. I so badly want one!
I heard one at 9000rpm indoors last year during Top Gear live and it was one of my favourite moments. They also had a Porsche 918 there during the show which was awesome!

Wow, ear boggling :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest