The Student Room Group

IB Compensation 2015 - 2016

Hi all,

I was looking through a couple of these surveys (link below) and was wondering how accurate the all-in figures were. For example, c.£80k (without sign-on bonus) seems like a high average for an Analyst 1 (in fact, that's insane for a fresh grad aha)? Can anyone confirm Associate/VP numbers?

Also, it'd be nice to get a few data points on this forum - so, if you're a current Analyst/Associate/VP or incoming Analyst/Summer Analyst could you post in the following format:

Type of Bank: (BB, Elite Boutique, MM etc)
Division:
Postion: (Analyst 1, SA, Associate 0 etc)
Base:
Signing Bonus:
End of Year Bonus Range: (x-y% of base)

Wall Street Oasis does a good job of getting numbers put down every year but I haven't seen a thread like this done in a while.

Analyst survey:
http://www.arkesden.com/asset/8399/download

Analyst to VP survey:
http://www.arkesden.com/asset/8394/download
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Hi all,

I was looking through a couple of these surveys (link below) and was wondering how accurate the all-in figures were. For example, c.£80k (without sign-on bonus) seems like a high average for an Analyst 1 (in fact, that's insane for a fresh grad aha)? Can anyone confirm Associate/VP numbers?

Also, it'd be nice to get a few data points on this forum - so, if you're a current Analyst/Associate/VP or incoming Analyst/Summer Analyst could you post in the following format:

Type of Bank: (BB, Elite Boutique, MM etc)
Division:
Postion: (Analyst 1, SA, Associate 0 etc)
Base:
Signing Bonus:
End of Year Bonus Range: (x-y% of base)

Wall Street Oasis does a good job of getting numbers put down every year but I haven't seen a thread like this done in a while.

Analyst survey:
http://www.arkesden.com/asset/8399/download

Analyst to VP survey:
http://www.arkesden.com/asset/8394/download

I suspect Analyst 1 salary is assuming you do a full year. For example, if you start in June and get your bonus in January, then you'll get a pro-rata bonus - so your £30,000 bonus might actually be more like £17,500. And then of course, income tax will destroy that.

I know figures for where I interned because the Analyst told me:

Type of Bank: Tier 2 European
Division: IBD
Postion: Analyst 1
Base: £50k
Signing Bonus: Unsure
End of Year Bonus Range: 20%+ of base

Had a look at the survey, from speaking to people, base salaries look accurate. Bonuses mostly look about right - although remember it is hugely dependent on team, performance, deal flow and how liked you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Type of Bank: BB
Division: IBD - M&A
Postion: SA
Base: £50k pro-rata
Signing Bonus: N/A
End of Year Bonus Range: N/A
(edited 8 years ago)
I was at one of the upper tier 2 banks the other day and some brave chap asked about salaries (surprisingly they were calm about it and gave us some info)

Type of Bank: Tier 2/Balance Sheet bank
Division: IBD - M&A
Postion: Analyst 1 (not sure about figures for analyst 0, which they referred to as something else)
Base: £50k
Signing Bonus: didn't say anything about it
End of Year Bonus Range: they said there were 3 bonus pools, lower, middle and upper. It depends on diff factors which bonus pool you end up in, one of which is your performance.

Also, they said for the SA in IBD it's around £900pw, plus a small sign on bonus
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Type of Bank: BB
Division: S&T
Postion: SA
Base: £50k pro rata
Signing Bonus: £1k relocation allowance
(edited 8 years ago)
SA pro-rata salary also depends on how many weeks your bank interns. If you intern for 9 weeks at £50k pro-rata you earn exactly the same (£8,653.84) as someone who interns for 10 weeks at £45k pro-rata. So I don't think SA pro-rata figures reflect what you actually earn at analyst level.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bdoskail
SA pro rata salary also depends on how many weeks your bank interns. If you intern for 9 weeks at 50k pro rata you earn exactly the same (8653.84) as someone who interns for 10 weeks at 45 pro rata. So I don't think SA pro rata figures reflect what you actually earn at analyst level.

Which banks do 9 weeks?
Original post by yl95
Which banks do 9 weeks?

Many do, off the top of my head JPM and UBS.
Reply 8
Many do, off the top of my head JPM and UBS.

No, JPM is 10 weeks, for trading at least. It may have been 9 when the training week wasn't compulsory but it is now (and has been for a couple of years at least).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Noble.
No, JPM is 10 weeks, for trading at least. It may have been 9 when the training week wasn't compulsory but it is now (and has been for a couple of years at least).

Yeah you're right about JPM. Pro-rata is £47k right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Yeah you're right about JPM. Pro-rata is £47k right?

Yep £47k pro-rata + £1k for relocation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Barclays is 9 weeks, in my case probably not wise to publish comp as my username is my real name.
Original post by samlarlham
Barclays is 9 weeks, in my case probably not wise to publish comp as my username is my real name.

was on your desk last year, although forwards.. cool people on the desk!

see you around in summer
Original post by gr8wizard10
was on your desk last year, although forwards.. cool people on the desk!

see you around in summer

Haha good old linkedin, hope so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending