The Student Room Group

Another Daily Mail classic

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lmao indian, mexican, brazillian and chinese tank engines on thomas the tank engine. now I've heard everything...come on, surely this is too deliberate and intentional to be taken as if it's innocent and unsuspecting? surely it suggests an obvious political agenda as opposed to mere children's television...? it just reeks of cultural engineering, as opposed to "what? what's wrong with this? *obliviousness*"

what was wrong with the original line up of native/british tank engine characters though? was this strictly necessary? was the former line up broken and needed fixing?
(edited 8 years ago)
No, the comments are too painful...
I think it's more likely to be a method of selling the toys to a wider audience tbh.
It's disgusting that there are no Muslim Thomas the tank engines, the Muslim community represent a large proportion of society and deserve representation
Original post by Oliver_94
It's disgusting that there are no Muslim Thomas the tank engines, the Muslim community represent a large proportion of society and deserve representation

:lol: I love how I can't tell if you're serious - that's the beauty of this debate
(edited 8 years ago)
They're right, Thomas is racist

A ****ING WHITE TRAIN
Reply 7
Do DM commenters just sit on the DM website all day waiting for stories to get angry at, such hilarious overly dramatic angry nonsense over something so trivial... :lol:
Original post by Olie
Do DM commenters just sit on the DM website all day waiting for stories to get angry at, such hilarious overly dramatic angry nonsense over something so trivial... :lol:

The DM out Onions The Onion so many times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlmightyJesus
lmao indian, mexican, brazillian and chinese tank engines on thomas the tank engine. now I've heard everything...come on, surely this is too deliberate and intentional to be taken as if it's innocent and unsuspecting? surely it suggests an obvious political agenda as opposed to mere children's television...? it just reeks of cultural engineering, as opposed to "what? what's wrong with this? *obliviousness*"

what was wrong with the original line up of native/british tank engine characters though? was this strictly necessary? was the former line up broken and needed fixing?

I guess it's nice to educate children about different cultures. I mean these shows are meant to educate kids to a certain degree :dontknow:
Original post by AlmightyJesus

Have to agree

It seems my culture needs to be watered down to allow those who have no culture or have fled their own and come to mine to fell better about themselves

Expect to see more of this in the future
Original post by Oliver_94

Muslims make up about 4% of the UK population

Before there is a 'Muslim' tank (and one that doesn't explode and kill all of the other tanks /sarc) there should be an openly Gay tank
Original post by Lord Samosa
I guess it's nice to educate children about different cultures. I mean these shows are meant to educate kids to a certain degree :dontknow:

Plus Thomas the Tank Engine is watched worldwide and is incredibly popular.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Do the stanky leg.
Stank! Stank!
Original post by jblackmoustache
Plus Thomas the Tank Engine is watched worldwide and is incredibly popular.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and it was watched before the proposed changes
Original post by BaconandSauce
and it was watched before the proposed changes

Are... Are you actually triggered by this change? :toofunny:
Are... Are you actually triggered by this change? :toofunny:

I don't understand the term 'triggered' in this context

If you mean I am disappointed at this then yes I am as I see no need to water down TV programs to make a minority feel more comfortable about their choices
Original post by BaconandSauce
I don't understand the term 'triggered' in this context

If you mean I am disappointed at this then yes I am as I see no need to water down TV programs to make a minority feel more comfortable about their choices

What choice? :hmmmm:
What choice? :hmmmm:

The choice to come to the UK.
tfw Ashima be giving u the eye an u know it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending