The Student Room Group

Islamists celebrate murder of Ahmadi Muslim Brit who wished Christians Happy Easter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slutty Salafi
You just know the Easter message wasn't the first issue the guy has had in his life, such a sad thing given that he was trying to heal relations between peoples.

I know you are right

They come to the UK for protection from the Muslim community in their own country and it seems we have allowed the same issue to arise here.

This is such a failure for us.
Original post by BaconandSauce

This is such a failure for us.

But a bigger one for Islam.
Original post by Salon
You clearly have extreme views.

How is he an extremist? Do you not like his condemnation of the murder? Or do you think anyone claiming to be a Moslem and who commits a sin or crime should be expelled from Islam? I understand the latter goes against the Koran, so does that mean you should be expelled from Islam?
Original post by Good bloke
But a bigger one for Islam.

Have to disagree

this is Islam doing what it has always done... murdering those who don't tow the party line.

What is a failure is we offered these people protection from such backwardness while allowing the same ideology that kills them free reign to spout it's hatred and as we can see this is the result.
Original post by Salon
You clearly have extreme views. I am a Muslim. I attend the church, mosque and temples and I love it. I love learning about other faiths. Sorry pal you are not the person I like to associate myself with.

Ahmadis have commited the one sin that makes them non-muslim, you can be homo-sexual and muslim but you cannot commit shirk and be muslim. They aren't Muslim, it's not an extreme view to see them as non-muslims.
Have to disagree

this is Islam doing what it has always done... murdering those who don't tow the party line.

What is a failure is we offered these people protection from such backwardness while allowing the same ideology that kills them free reign to spout it's hatred and as we can see this is the result.

I understand your point and have a lot of sympathy for it, but the root cause of the death lies in the aggressive ideology that is Islam.
Have to disagree

This was what I was thinking, it is worse for us because our society is based on helping and protecting those who are most vulnerable and creating a world where so long as you don't harm others, you can be yourself and never have to worry that it's wrong or sinful or any of that made up BS.
Original post by Good bloke
I understand your point and have a lot of sympathy for it, but the root cause of the death lies in the aggressive ideology that is Islam.

I do agree but as we know this is what Islam promotes. I would argue it would be a failure of Islam not to murder these people given it's what it proscribes
Original post by Slutty Salafi
This was what I was thinking, it is worse for us because our society is based on helping and protecting those who are most vulnerable and creating a world where so long as you don't harm others, you can be yourself and never have to worry that it's wrong or sinful or any of that made up BS.

Completely Agree

We have a duty of care to these people given we have offered them sanctuary from those who proscribe their murder

We failed spectacularly in this regard
Reply 29
Original post by Oilfreak1
Ahmadis have commited the one sin that makes them non-muslim, you can be homo-sexual and muslim but you cannot commit shirk and be muslim. They aren't Muslim, it's not an extreme view to see them as non-muslims.

Brother you as always are taking nonsense. We are all human and you have no right to judge others.
Impossible .. Islam is a Religion of peace

Daily Mail is at it again
As I mentioned in another thread, the Ahmadi Mosque that got burned down in South London last year is suspected by some locally to be Sunnis. It's a travesty as everyone (except for bigoted Sunnis) likes the Ahmadis and gets on fine with them. There'd be no problems if all Muslim communities in this country was the same as them.

I've got to say that it's unfortunate we seem to be tolerant of the intolerant. Salafis especially are notorious for crap like this and they ought to be treated like Neo Nazis given the problems they cause with their bigotry towards other groups.

I agree with the poster above who labelled this a failure on our part. Ahmadis come to this country often to flee persecution. You can say it's a failure on the Muslim communities but they're majority Sunni so it's almost to be expected. This is Britain so our society as a whole is held to a higher standard regarding tolerance and protection from persecution. Part of our failure here is that we are too frightened to stand up to unsavoury sorts such as hate preachers, extremists in madrasa and Wahabis in general.
Original post by Salon
Brother you as always are taking nonsense. We are all human and you have no right to judge others.

>Salon

You're trying too hard
Reply 33
Original post by RarestPepe
>Salon

You're trying too hard

I enjoy and make the most of life. Some people do the same. Live in miserably lol
Original post by Salon

didn't say anything at all about his humanity, ahmadis are simply not muslim this is the general consensus across both Shia and Sunni scholars sorry if I don't agree with scholar salon who calls ahmadis muslims and anyone who does something bad non-muslim.

I didn't realise ISIS committed shirk... as I am constantly told that they are Not True Muslims™ ...

They are Muslim. Just like Isis are muslim. Just like Shia's are muslim.

Deal with it
Reply 37
Original post by Salon

We can when they have beliefs which go outside the fold of Islam.
A sect that promotes interfaith relations and promotes peace and pacifism are considered Not True Muslims™
Somehow, this does not surprise me
Original post by chemting
I didn't realise ISIS committed shirk... as I am constantly told that they are Not True Muslims™ ...

only retards call isis non-muslim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending