The Student Room Group

To succeed or not to succeed???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
Loving the organisation! It's going to go a long way and hopefully open the doors to your A*s Keep going :biggrin:

Thanks! I certainly hope so!!! :smile: It sounds a bit like a video game when you put it like that. 'Revise to get to the next level.' :angelwings:
Reply 41
28-03-16 Update
I just finished all my music revision notes! It's taken me ages and it's way overdue but now I have flashcards on Quizlet and visual displays for all of the elements of music, western classical tradition and world music topics!! :smile:
I'm going to relax for a few hours and maybe make some headway on rereading To Kill A Mockingbird. I'm going to watch Labyrinth tonight with some family friends. I don't know much about it apart from that it's an old film but fingers crossed it's good!
Original post by Ara8311a
Thanks! I certainly hope so!!! :smile: It sounds a bit like a video game when you put it like that. 'Revise to get to the next level.' :angelwings:

Ooh good point. Are you into video games? But hopefully these exams will help you grow as a person: learning to be independent, getting into good work habits, being determined as a person. An added bonus point if you enjoy the material you learn too :biggrin:

Also you've probably heard people say "think of these exams as games, you just need to work on your strategy and exam technique." Yo forget friends, you won't have any better friends than past papers :wink:
Reply 43
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
Ooh good point. Are you into video games? But hopefully these exams will help you grow as a person: learning to be independent, getting into good work habits, being determined as a person. An added bonus point if you enjoy the material you learn too :biggrin:

Also you've probably heard people say "think of these exams as games, you just need to work on your strategy and exam technique." Yo forget friends, you won't have any better friends than past papers :wink:

I'm not really that into video games, apart from halo when I'm with my friends... I do enjoy learning it when I sit down and start. :smile:
I haven't started past papers yet but I'm going to finish my notes today so by tomorrow I should be into past papers. :biggrin:
Reply 44
30-03-16
Yesterday I didn't work on much as I was trying to finish up a maths application to a summer course. I still need to finish it today so that's going to be the majority of my day.

I also want to finish my physics notes and start preparing two topics of RS for the revision group session I'm having with my friends tomorrow. We've planned what we're going to do and there's four of us this time. We did a three hour session before mocks at Christmas and found it was really useful so tomorrow should be helpful. :wink: (if we don't get distracted)

I also need to do some IT outlines but I might leave that for now. I'll see how it goes. I can only go onwards and upwards from here. :smile:
30-03-16
Yesterday I didn't work on much as I was trying to finish up a maths application to a summer course. I still need to finish it today so that's going to be the majority of my day.

I also want to finish my physics notes and start preparing two topics of RS for the revision group session I'm having with my friends tomorrow. We've planned what we're going to do and there's four of us this time. We did a three hour session before mocks at Christmas and found it was really useful so tomorrow should be helpful. :wink: (if we don't get distracted)

I also need to do some IT outlines but I might leave that for now. I'll see how it goes. I can only go onwards and upwards from here. :smile:

Good luck with that Maths application!
Reply 46
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
Good luck with that Maths application!

It's hellish. I realised yesterday that I'd only finished 3/10 questions. I spent all of yesterday working on one question.. Every time I had it, I realised that I was doing it wrong... I've kind of figured it out now but i still need to find the number as I keep doing it wrong... Oh well! It should be fine once I get it! How's your revision going???
It's hellish. I realised yesterday that I'd only finished 3/10 questions. I spent all of yesterday working on one question.. Every time I had it, I realised that I was doing it wrong... I've kind of figured it out now but i still need to find the number as I keep doing it wrong... Oh well! It should be fine once I get it! How's your revision going???

You can do it! Your the quadrilateral champion of the world! And maybe Google some of it:wink:
My revision is ok, so much to revise! But I keep getting distracted! Such fun!
Reply 48
You can do it! Your the quadrilateral champion of the world! And maybe Google some of it:wink:
My revision is ok, so much to revise! But I keep getting distracted! Such fun!

Google it? Google it?? How could you suggest that??? I am the quadrilateral champion of the world I do not need google to help me. :smile:
Besides I've kind of gone off the idea and I don't want to get in and struggle my way through it ...
You can do it Agent, I believe in you. At least you don't have Netflix to distract you. I started a new tv series at the start of Easter and I'm a couple of seasons in now... :redface: But I've stopped that as of today!! :biggrin:
Google it? Google it?? How could you suggest that??? I am the quadrilateral champion of the world I do not need google to help me. :smile:
Besides I've kind of gone off the idea and I don't want to get in and struggle my way through it ...
You can do it Agent, I believe in you. At least you don't have Netflix to distract you. I started a new tv series at the start of Easter and I'm a couple of seasons in now... :redface: But I've stopped that as of today!! :biggrin:

If you really want to do it, keep trying I believe in you agent. But if you have gone off it may look at other summer schools like English and Computer science ones maybe?
Ooh what series?
Reply 50
If you really want to do it, keep trying I believe in you agent. But if you have gone off it may look at other summer schools like English and Computer science ones maybe?
Ooh what series?

I'm thinking of getting a summer job to be honest or catching up on all of the reading I'm missing at the moment! I'm going to submit it anyway and see how it goes.
The 4400. I would tell you what season I'm on but it's slightly embarrassing and I really shouldn't have watched as much as I have! :smile:
I'm thinking of getting a summer job to be honest or catching up on all of the reading I'm missing at the moment! I'm going to submit it anyway and see how it goes.
The 4400. I would tell you what season I'm on but it's slightly embarrassing and I really shouldn't have watched as much as I have! :smile:

Ooh a summer job sounds fun! Same I haven't read in ages as well :frown: good luck with the application
You can tell me :tongue:I have not at all binge watched new girl and how I met your mother yesterday :colondollar:
Reply 52
05/04/15 - 40 days until 1st exam!

Okay, so I've had a few days off. It was my birthday though! (On Sunday but still!) I've decided not to feel bad about it because I needed the break and I was getting a little bit stressed again.. :smile:

Yesterday I found out that I'm having my braces off in June! It's the week before prom and my new sixth form familiarisation day so the timing couldn't be better! That's a lie, it could be sooner but oh well!!! I've had them on for over three years so I can't wait to get them off my teeth. :smile:

I also did some french vocab learning and music vocab learning. If I learn 100 french words a day I should just about learn all of the ones on the list that the exam board gives. I might not be able to do it but I'm going to have a shot at learning loads. French and Music are still the two subjects that need a lot of work on...

I do need to relax a bit though. It's not like I'm going to get bad grades. Although I can make them better, is it really the end of the world if I get As? I'm not even going to say Bs because... I have an unhealthy obsession with stars. :biggrin:

Today I've learnt some more french words on Memrise. Up to 119/3727! Yay! Only a few thousand more to go... I also just did a Philosophy 2 paper and I'm planning to do a Philosophy 1 paper next. I also want to get some geography and maths done this afternoon and possibly learn music words.
Reply 53
14-04-16
Okay, so I've done sooo much revision. I needed the break that Easter gave me and now I'm back into the thick of school. It doesn't matter. I can still do this.
I went on DofE at the weekend and it was amazing, even if I have six blisters now... That happened.
Anyway onwards and upwards!
This week I have :

Finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird

IT Topic 3 & 4 Outline

Geography topic 1 questions

Finished Music Composition

To Kill A Mockingbird Practice

IT Info 1 Mock Paper

Revised Physics 1 topics 1-4

I need to go and start my revision for the evening! :smile:
:fleurdelis:
Reply 54
Okay so it's been four weeks since I last posted because TSR was having a detrimental effect on my school work. But exams start on Monday so I'm just going to use this to make myself accountable.

2.07pm done 2 rs topic Mindmaps. Got 2 more to go.
Going to do some of my French workbook and also biology 2 and 3 revision after this break which ends in 8 minutes time
Reply 55
I did lots of the French workbook Listening questions. I'm never going to get to the end of it but I can try! I also have three more listening papers that I can do before Tuesday and two more reading. Going to focus on the workbook mainly as it helps me to see where I'm going wrong.

Also printed off loads of science papers for all three sciences.

Going to have dinner and a small break. Then I'll do some biology revision and some French workbook questions
Reply 56
I did some French workbook questions last night and also reviewed some French verbs on Memrise.

I need to review another 95 words on Memrise, do some more French A/a* questions.

I'm going to do the final two topics of rs which I'll review later tonight.

I'm also going to do B2 revision and complete a paper under timed conditions.

I will also annotate the poems using my revision guide and poetry anthology
Reply 57
FInished RS Mindmaps.

Going to review French Memrise words and then break for lunch.

After lunch I'm going to do French workbook questions until I skype my friends for an rs revision session.

After that I will have a short break in which I will walk my dog or read. :smile:
Reply 58
Reviewed French Memrise vocab. Stopping for lunch. :wink: FOOD!!!! :nyan:
Reply 59
Had lunch. Going to do French workbook questions then join the rs session with my friends.

After that I'm going to annotate poetry. Have a short break and then do B2 revision. :smile: this is going to make me accountable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending