The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Because they are stupid, if I kill someone under any religion, then noone of that religion is to blame
its common sense.
Original post by mkap
yeah i was wtf is this shiz thats what arabs do not even joking, u should see em here (im in saudi atm) back in the UK in eight weeks today

Spoiler

People need to realise that Saudis and Emiraties and Qataris constitute what's less than 10% of all Arabs :biggrin:
Reply 182
Original post by d1ck
lol I know that's what they do innit walking down the streets hand in hand, arm in arm n all types.

cool how come you only went for such a short period?

yeah i was watching tv (theres only arab channels here) and i think it was the kuwait kind he was greeting people and kissed them on their lips, i was lmao.

my dad got a teaching job here, i can here in november 26th and going back when my visa expires
Reply 183
Original post by oShahpo
People need to realise that Saudis and Emiraties and Qataris constitute what's less than 10% of all Arabs :biggrin:

i guess :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by mkap
yeah i was watching tv (theres only arab channels here) and i think it was the kuwait kind he was greeting people and kissed them on their lips, i was lmao.

my dad got a teaching job here, i can here in november 26th and going back when my visa expires

lol fam I think that's haraam tho

lol okay, so ur dad is staying in saudi?

Original post by oShahpo

we know this, that vid is 4 the lols

Spoiler

What are Muslims supposed to do? March up to ISIS and tell them to stop? They wouldn't be extremists if we could get rid of them that easily would they?
Original post by d1ck

Spoiler

The worst thing is that Gulf Arabs aren't even the weirdest :P
Original post by Reader106
What are Muslims supposed to do? March up to ISIS and tell them to stop? They wouldn't be extremists if we could get rid of them that easily would they?

They're supposed to man up and go fight, or support the fight, against ISIS.. oh wait a minute.. they already do!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_intervention_against_ISIL
Reply 188
Original post by d1ck

Spoiler

yeah ik but i guess its culture there.

no hes coming back later when the school term finishes, me and my brother coming back first as we on visit visa
Reply 189
Original post by oShahpo
The worst thing is that Gulf Arabs aren't even the weirdest :P

how come? who's the weirdest ?

Spoiler

Original post by mkap
yeah ik but i guess its culture there.no hes coming back later when the school term finishes, me and my brother coming back first as we on visit visa

kissing on the lips thou? is that actually culture in a muslim country...
okay why only take a job for a short time in a whole other country though ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by d1ck

Spoiler

hes doing another year, we coming back in august/september time

whats with your username :lol:
Original post by d1ck

Spoiler

We all have our weird things. In Egypt we sometimes celebrate some day in the year (can't remember which one) by placing a knife under the door mat :biggrin: Overall, Gulf Arabs are ostensibly the weirdest because of what they wear.
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

/rant over :getmecoat:

It's as simple as the Western world listen to what happens in the news - if a news presenter said the world would end in two days most people wouldn't question it, they'd just panic and believe it. You don't hear about Muslims going against ISIS in the news so people don't think they do.

But yes, we can go out and obliterate the terrorists if we have a good plan.
Reply 193
Original post by oShahpo
We all have our weird things. In Egypt we sometimes celebrate some day in the year (can't remember which one) by placing a knife under the door mat :biggrin: Overall, Gulf Arabs are ostensibly the weirdest because of what they wear.

bruh that's kinda dangerous I wouldn't say it's too wierd though, how are egyptians with camels out of interest - in comparison to the gulfies? uno there's even a hadith with references how much arabs love camels with big humps...

what they wear - thobes? I thought alot of arabs wore them?

Spoiler

Original post by mkap
hes doing another year, we coming back in august/september timewhats with your username :lol:

whaaat so you go to Saudi for a year and then come back here for the summer? that's long.
sounds like a plan actually, I'm assuming you avoid the heatwaves by doing this?

what's with your username? looks like a suspiciously nazi thing.
Original post by mkap
Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

...people on trains and buses can read your mind...? how else would they know your religion? are you endorsing their generalisation that your race is always muslim?
Original post by AlmightyJesus
...people on trains and buses can read your mind...? how else would they know your religion? are you endorsing their generalisation that your race is always muslim?

trust me, if you look anything like a muslim prophet, people will not sit next to you on the tube
Original post by Frank Underwood
Big words from someone who types 'Moselms' deliberately to get a negative reaction from people here.

Don't be childish. I've been using that spelling for longer than you have been alive (when it was the only one in use) and am not going to stop now because of deliberately hyper-sensitive children.
Original post by Frank Underwood
trust me, if you look anything like a muslim prophet, people will not sit next to you on the tube

1) a muslim prophet? is there a female muslim prophet? how do people even know what she looked like?
2) why would anybody particularly want to look like a muslim prophet? christians don't dress like jesus, do they? jews don't dress as moses
Original post by AlmightyJesus
1) a muslim prophet? is there a female muslim prophet? how do people even know what she looked like?
2) why would anybody particularly want to look like a muslim prophet? christians don't dress like jesus, do they? jews don't dress as moses

two unnecessary questions
Original post by Good bloke
Don't be childish. I've been using that spelling for longer than you have been alive (when it was the only one in use) and am not going to stop now because of deliberately hyper-sensitive children.

Funny because you don't even know my age, you're just assuming it. Much like everything you use to defend your xenophobic views - assumptions among assumptions among assumptions.

And now you're backing off because I brought up a true point about you with this hook-and-bait mechanism of trying to aggravate people who see Islam as peaceful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending