The Student Room Group

In your opinion, was Leonardo Da Vinci an artist or a scientist?Why?

what do you think?
Both.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Both.

Yeah stupid question both obv.
Both.
He was mainly a scientist, but expressed many of his ideas though artistry and creativity.
As far as the question, I say both because you don't have to be one or the other. He was well accomplished in both fields :smile:
Reply 4
He was a genius if ever there was one.
Reply 5
Original post by Thomb
Yeah stupid question both obv.

Obviously, I know that he is a combination but others may think he is more of an artist than a scientist or viceversa.
I was more interested in the justification.
Reply 6
Original post by bluepearl7

Because you want us to do your homework?
Reply 7
Obviously, I know that he is a combination but others may think he is more of an artist than a scientist or viceversa.

Difficult to choose really but as an artist myself with only an interest in science I'll go for artist. My justification I'll have to get back to you on that one?
Reply 8
Don't even know this guy lol and I'm not even dumb
Reply 9
Original post by Trapz99
Don't even know this guy lol and I'm not even dumb

you don't know leonardo da vinci?
r u trippin
He was more than both, which is why he is known as a polymath; he has many skills in many different areas. An inventor, an artist, a scientist, a mathematician, historian, astronomer and so many other things

That's why I think he is the greatest genius, he was so talented in not just one area, but many which could inspire people to not limit themselves.
Original post by Drewski
Because you want us to do your homework?

no , this isn't my homework.
I was just curious as to what others think.

Even though i am more drawn towards science, I think that leonardo da vinci was was a fusion of 2 worlds; both science and art.

"Leonardo's anatomical drawings are both icons of science, and wonders ofart."
There is art in science and science in art and this is what Leonardo Da vinci represented.
no , this isn't my homework.
I was just curious as to what others think.

Even though i am more drawn towards science, I think that leonardo da vinci was was a fusion of 2 worlds; both science and art.

"Leonardo's anatomical drawings are both icons of science, and wonders ofart."
There is art in science and science in art and this is what Leonardo Da vinci represented.

Tony Buzan has him down as the greatest genius ever in his book on geniuses.

Ge's right up there as one of the most amazing men ever.

If you havent watched it and accept most of it is complete fantasy, then Da Vincis Demons is a good fun watch.
Reply 13
the two arent mutually exclusive :/
Artist

Quick Reply