My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE FOR 29/03/16

I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:

History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts

History - Practice exam on Vietnam

German writing

Half of page of Life In water notes

P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage

Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.
Original post by the-future-medic
Happy Birthday!!!!

Wow, you managed to get a lot done today.

Thank you very much :smile:
Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1224
Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.
Original post by brainzistheword
In terms of hours, I do anything between 3-6 depending on school and other commitments (but that is with breaks and well-spread out).

In terms of techniques, for a subject like science I will make flashcards and mindmaps. I also use past paper and then make notes on the topics I struggle with. For English I make character profiles and do past papers. For maths I just do as many past papers as I can find. For other subjects I do past papers, use textbooks to make notes and use flashcards to constantly test myself :smile:

how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Hiii! I just wanted to say that I've been reading this blog (managed 11 pages so far - mostly just reading your tips and skimming everything else) and I must say I'm impressed! :awesome:

You're doing so well, especially considering this is only GCSE's. I can't believe I'm not even doing a fraction of the work you're doing and I'm doing AS Levels and doing way worse than you! Yikes! For my GCSE's, I on started revising 2 weeks before the exams and just copied all my notes out and it worked but it won't work for AS.

May i ask how you manage to fit in 2-3 hours on a school night? Do you not get homework, or not have to do chores or do you work in all your lunches or what?

I wish you the very best of luck in all your GCSE's and hope you get the results you want!

Sorry about rambling so much - I talk too much :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long :smile: (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times :smile:
What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams :smile:

Original post by JRC65
Hi, I've been reading the thread because I also have GCSEs this summer. I've been putting some work in, but I'm finding motivation really hard! Good luck everyone.

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog - Good luck for your GCSEs

For motivation, just remember why you are doing all this, and also, when you do get a sudden burst of motivation to study - make the most of it because you may be surprised :smile:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
how do you mark your English past papers?

hope you had a brilliant birthday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally I would take them in to school and get a teacher to do it - I use past papers more as a way to make sure I go over content rather than look at the way I write :smile:

And thank you I have :smile:
Yeah I completely understand - and I am in the process of really considering it all.

And I ain't doing it because of the university, I just genuinely wanted to see if I could do it and I am interested in the subjects anyways :smile:

That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
Good luck :smile:
Thanks for you reading my blog and I'm impressed you've gotten to page 11! This thread is soooo long :smile: (Page 19-20 might have some useful revision tips)

I manage to do 2-3 hours because firstly, you're right, I don't do the chores and secondly, I work through my lunches and break times :smile:
What AS levels have you chosen to do?

I wish you the best too, with all your AS exams :smile:

Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! :biggrin: and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take :biggrin:)

Thanks! I'll need it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
today I am going to Essex to stay with step family. my aims in terms of work today are as follows:
•complete the 'what is law' book.
•finish off writing the structure paragraph for the second essay in my coursework.
•plan the third essay in the coursework.

if i write down my aims then hopefully i will have enough motivation to carry them through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.
UPDATE FOR 29/03/16
I've had a really good birthday and I also managed some revision too:

History - 10 mark question on Supreme Courts

History - Practice exam on Vietnam

German writing

Half of page of Life In water notes

P4 revision: Half life, radiation, static electricity, circuits, resistance, voltage

Physics - Transformers and electronics calculations

Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work :smile: :biggrin:
What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?
Original post by Chittesh14
That's good, you revise a lot anyway and you're super-motivated, so - I don't see why not.
Good luck :smile:

Thank you and good luck to you too :smile:

Original post by nomophobia
Haha, thanks, I'm on page 18 now! :biggrin: and I know, there's like 124 pages now but I'm reading this thread when I usually have nothing else to do like when I'm on the bus or waiting for class or whatever.

OHHHH, I see, no wonder you can squeeze in 3 hours a night.

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History (so 2 are the same as the ones you want to take :biggrin:)

Thanks! I'll need it!

Wow you must be powering through these pages -glad it is useful though :smile:

And nice choice of A-levels, much more varied than mine :smile:

Original post by RugbySid
I know you might not, but could you put on the thread or pm me the link to you flashcards. I really dont mind if you don't, but help a bro out. If anybody wants human geog notes i will give them. Got 96% in mock in school, which was last years paper.

Sure are there any particular topics/subjects? Or would you like them all? :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
Wow you've done a lot and on your birthday as well. Well done. Keep up the hard work :smile: :biggrin:

Thank you - I hope you are enjoying your Easter break :smile:
What book do you use to revise for Science, or what resources do you use?

I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific :smile:
I use CGP guides but I also bought the Letts guides which are not exam board specific :smile:

I thought they were rubbish... :O
I thought they were rubbish... :O

The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet :smile:
The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main oideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet :smile:

They're actually quite good but that is dependant on your examining board.
The CGP ones? Yeah I don't particularly like them but I basically take the main ideas I know will be on the exams and read more info on them using the internet :smile:

Nice :P.
Were given board specific OCR and OCR cgp books for science. The cgp news condense the information. That's why everyone uses them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest