The Student Room Group

Whats wrong with me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'll also have a go and see what I have out of these

Original post by Sophhascoconuts
I've confided in a close friend who is really clued up on mental health and he thinks I'm a sociopath, but with all the conflicting opinions on the internet I'm curious to see how many others agree.

I have this full buzzing feeling in my head as if there's nothing else there, and I try to fill it by lashing out at others or trying to make myself panic or upset to get sympathy from them.

I just feel like there's nothing there apart from anxiousness and irritation.

I enjoy manipulating people, it gives me a thrill.

I never feel guilt or remorse so I hate apologising or looking weak.

I constantly imagine and fantasise harming/killing others and dominating others because they are scared of me. Or having powers or secretly being royalty.

I smile at other people's misfortune or when they lash back at me.

People being in pain or needing help annoys me because I want it to be me.

Even though I know it isn't true I have the uncontrollable feeling I'm being watched by people through an invisible window.

I'm super paranoid and on edge that I'm going to be attacked.

I quickly fall into hysteria and panic over every little thing.

Please tell me what is going on I don't know anymore I feel like I'm coming undone.

oh boy, that's just stuff I have from that list
Original post by Ciel.
Maybe you should just consider S&M in the future then lol. Maybe it would help actually. When you are an adult I mean!

Oh my G O SH Nooooo! Not like that! XD
Reply 22
It's gradually gotten worse over the past few years, I think you're right and stress had definitely made it more severe but I had it even before stress. Also, if it's stress why doesn't anyone else I know act like this? Isn't it a really bizarre reaction?

Yeah, you can even get misdiagnosed with a mental illness because of how stress affects you, hell, it happened in my case. People deal with stress differently, some better, some worse. If the symptoms really bother you, consider seeing a counselor - we can't really interview you on here because we are not professionals.
Anyway, if you are serious about killing others then consider getting help... If not DON'T tell people this. Because you may really get yourself into a lot of trouble. And I mean A LOT of trouble.
Reply 23
Original post by Ciel.
Maybe you should just consider S&M in the future then lol

I too am planning on buying the new pokemon games once they come out
Reply 24
Original post by C-rated

Have fun, and stay safe lol!
Does anyone have any advice on how I can cope with this? I've spent all of this year practically smothering my friend group chat and I haven't even done my AS exams yet, I don't know how long I can keep going (I'm not meaning to be dramatic).
Original post by C-rated

Wha? O_0
Reply 27
Does anyone have any advice on how I can cope with this? I've spent all of this year practically smothering my friend group chat and I haven't even done my AS exams yet, I don't know how long I can keep going (I'm not meaning to be dramatic).

Find a way to cope with stress. Maybe art, maybe exercising, whatever. There isn't a magic cure (well, except for drugs but that's not a magic cure and can make things worse for some people in the long run so yeah).
Reply 28
Wha?

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Reply 29
Original post by Ciel.
Find a way to cope with stress. Maybe art, maybe exercising, whatever. There isn't a magic cure (well, except for drugs but that's not a magic cure and can make things worse for some people in the long run so yeah).

-- Agreed. I had hideous anxiety for a long time, but it turned out that I just wasn't eating enough food at all. So, maybe eat food? I've recently gotten in to stress baking, which has been an absolute force for peace and purity in the world.
Original post by iliacl
-- Agreed. I had hideous anxiety for a long time, but it turned out that I just wasn't eating enough food at all. So, maybe eat food? I've recently gotten in to stress baking, which has been an absolute force for peace and purity in the world.

I don't think it's not eating enough thats my problem lol im gonna be fat once metabolism wears off. Don't you find baking stressful? It stresses the hell out of me especially when you drop the eggs and you cant get a clean cut of cling film and theres flour everywhere and AAAAAAH
Original post by C-rated
Pokemon Sun and Moon

O h .
Reply 32
I don't think it's not eating enough thats my problem lol im gonna be fat once metabolism wears off. Don't you find baking stressful? It stresses the hell out of me especially when you drop the eggs and you cant get a clean cut of cling film and theres flour everywhere and AAAAAAH

That. Has never actually happened to me? I just pretend I've got Sue and Mel over my shoulder whispering kind words of bakery-themed encouragement all the while.
Original post by iliacl
That. Has never actually happened to me? I just pretend I've got Sue and Mel over my shoulder whispering kind words of bakery-themed encouragement all the while.

I love Sue and Mel they're like the guardian angels of baking :biggrin: The British Bake Off is one of my favourite tv shows
Reply 34
Maybe antisocial personality disorder. The terms sociopath and psychopath aren't really used as diagnosis anymore. Also I'd say being aware of your symptoms doesn't automatically rule anything out.

You can go to your GP so that an actual psychiatrist can diagnose you, but I don't know if there's any point if these symptoms don't actually bother you.
Go to your local gp

Quick Reply

Latest