Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation city campus booked up??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SwitchingOne
I too missed out on halls for my first year but instead went in a private halls at russell view (like 2 minute walk away from Byron and Gill street South) was great in there! Maybe check it out

I live in London and I also work so coming to Nottingham before to check out halls or private flats will be bit of issue at the monument but what was Russel view was like?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by venz_93
Thanks for your help i will check out the Private accommodation instead.
Can i still take the risk with Living in halls even though it booked up be put on the waiting list and I have paid the deposit?
What the difference with Private accommodation and halls?

You could take the risk of trying to secure accommodation on results day as this could end up worst if you don't get the accomdation that you are watning. My advice would be to go for the private halls of residence. There is not much difference, the main difference is that the private halls tend to be a lot nicer for normally the same or slightly lower price.

But the end decision is down to you and I am only advising.
Reply 22
Original post by nottreece
They will have a waiting list but not very often they add people to it as they normally allocate the accomodation that is left by dropped out students to people who come in during clearing.

My advice would be to book using private accomodation as it will save you sorting it out during August

Hope this helps

They have a waiting list at NTU? I rang today and was told they don't have one and that i can try in august but other than that i couldn't do anything about it
Hi guys,

Just to clarify, there is no waiting list for any of NTU's accommodation. Also if you have already booked one of our halls, you are not able to swap to one of our other halls if they become available in clearing.

If any of you have any questions, just give me a shout! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Fenicoteri
Yeah my course is in the city site so living at Clifton would be so inefficient but the accommodation is so much nicer than Maltings & Meridian and because its an actual campus it would be more sociable then living at Maltings or Meridian which have nothing around them. Plus free travel and frequent buses/trams

Its such a shame though, I hope there is some way around it, just want to live on City Site tbh

Hey x i'm experiencing the same dont worry, have you considered going into one of the private accommodations? 2 of them are really nice and in the centre :smile: i'm going to go for those cuz i really dont like any of the halls that are left :frown: and i've asked a few people about private and they said it's basically the same and you dont miss out on anything because everyone is experiencing the same so they'll be loads of freshers in the same situation :smile:
Original post by venz_93
I live in London and I also work so coming to Nottingham before to check out halls or private flats will be bit of issue at the monument but what was Russel view was like?

Very good! It's exactly like it is in the pictures, theres also a nice community feel as the 2 managers of the accommodation are very friendly and get to know most if not everyone by name. Rooms are of plenty size and so is the kitchen/living room. If you have any specific questions just let me know and I'll try answer them for you.
Original post by Miri1234
Hey x i'm experiencing the same dont worry, have you considered going into one of the private accommodations? 2 of them are really nice and in the centre :smile: i'm going to go for those cuz i really dont like any of the halls that are left :frown: and i've asked a few people about private and they said it's basically the same and you dont miss out on anything because everyone is experiencing the same so they'll be loads of freshers in the same situation :smile:

Hey! Yeah im going for the private accommodation now which I'm fine with because its close and cheaper and it will still be freshers! What are you studying?
Reply 27
Original post by nottreece
You could take the risk of trying to secure accommodation on results day as this could end up worst if you don't get the accomdation that you are watning. My advice would be to go for the private halls of residence. There is not much difference, the main difference is that the private halls tend to be a lot nicer for normally the same or slightly lower price.

But the end decision is down to you and I am only advising.

I saw few private halls on the website and for cheaper price in some but now I just gathered that all of them are the same thing with few minor tweaks. Thanks for your help.:smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Miri1234

Which ones are the nice ones i find few already as private accommodations?:smile:
Reply 29
Original post by SwitchingOne
Very good! It's exactly like it is in the pictures, theres also a nice community feel as the 2 managers of the accommodation are very friendly and get to know most if not everyone by name. Rooms are of plenty size and so is the kitchen/living room. If you have any specific questions just let me know and I'll try answer them for you.

Are the rooms big enough? for walk around like room space because i don't really like box room or worst. and Is en-suite?
Original post by venz_93
Are the rooms big enough? for walk around like room space because i don't really like box room or worst. and Is en-suite?

Yeah they're plenty big enough (for me anyway) and yeah they're en-suite.
Private halls of residence will tend to have bigger rooms compared to the uni halls of residence
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi guys,

Just to clarify, there is no waiting list for any of NTU's accommodation. Also if you have already booked one of our halls, you are not able to swap to one of our other halls if they become available in clearing.

If any of you have any questions, just give me a shout! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi,

Do you know the 'check in' date for accomodation for September 2016. Is it before Welcome Week or during that time? I have booked halls, just wanted to know the moving in date.

Thanks,
Katie :smile:
Original post by Stubbs98
Hi,

Do you know the 'check in' date for accomodation for September 2016. Is it before Welcome Week or during that time? I have booked halls, just wanted to know the moving in date.

Thanks,

Hi Katie,

It depends on whether you have a 44 weeks or 51 week tenancy. If you have a 44 week tenancy your tenancy will begin on the 23/09/16 which is a Friday and when some of the Fresher events begin. If you have a 51 week tenancy, you will be able to move in by 10/09/2016 and you will have a fortnight before Welcome Week begins.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 34
Original post by venz_93
Which ones are the nice ones i find few already as private accommodations?:smile:

Trinity square still has rooms, it's right in the middle of the city, five minute walk to city campus and clifton bus stop right outside. I went for a viewing yesterday and booked the same day. All the rooms are en suite and when you book it will tell you who else has already booked in your flat, what year they are and gender. The rooms that were left were in flats made of first years.
Original post by Fenicoteri
Hey! Yeah im going for the private accommodation now which I'm fine with because its close and cheaper and it will still be freshers! What are you studying?

Yeah exactly! :smile:) i'm going to study fashion communication and promotion :smile: hbu??
Original post by venz_93

Hey :smile: yeh the nicest ones that most ppl say and looks like the best(+ in the city centre) are goldsmith and glasshouse :biggrin:
Original post by Stubbs98
Hi,

Thanks,

Thank you Ellen :smile:

I just have one more question...

Is there a chance of me being the only girl on my floor of the accomodation... im quite worried thats all!

Thanks
Reply 38
Oh no i have only just confirmed my offer today due to waiting to hear from one last uni, i am still waiting for my ID and was going to book tomorrow, is there really no where on the city site?
Original post by Ham12
Oh no i have only just confirmed my offer today due to waiting to hear from one last uni, i am still waiting for my ID and was going to book tomorrow, is there really no where on the city site?

The Maltings & Meridian potentially. Otherwise private accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending