The Student Room Group

Should I stay or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by London Finest
Lol. No, we haven't "banged" yet.

But if someone told you that they still had love for someone else, I am sure it would "get to you" as well?

3 days and no smash smash? What is life.
Lol. No, we haven't "banged" yet.

But if someone told you that they still had love for someone else, I am sure it would "get to you" as well?

Yes it would and i wouldn't be in a relationship with them
Original post by BodyOfZeus
3 days and no smash smash? What is life.

You are funny.:lol: I mean we haven't gotten round to that bit yet.

Original post by loveleest
Yes it would and i wouldn't be in a relationship with them

Yeah you are probably right, maybe I should just end it.

Being with someone who still has emotions for someone else will just complicate the relationship further down the line.
You are funny.:lol: I mean we haven't gotten round to that bit yet.

You need to up your game :P
Reply 24
No, she broke up with him 4 or 5 months ago, but they were childhood friends before deciding to get into a relationship, so they've known each other for quite a long time. I don't know it's probably too much of me to expect someone to get over an ex so quickly, but at the same time it hurts knowing that she still loves someone else.

i thought you sad you been together fr over three years lol just read it again and realised three days, one of my childhood friends had a big crush on me since we was like 11/12 and we finally went out when we was in college. once we broke up it was so hard to get over him as he had been in my life for so long and he was not there for me all of a sudden. i kind of understand her if she has feelings for him but she shouldnt have entered another relationship so soon if she had feelings for him still esp loved him.

Original post by 999tigger
Bit dumb, especially if true, but some people when asked a direct question find it difficult to say anything but the truth.

Not that i approve of lying, just a more thoughtful and considered answer might have been better.

i guess, i would just go silent or more so not get into another relationship if im not over my ex

Original post by whorace
True, the irony is she was honest enough to tell him about it, if she was honest enough to tell him about it then he had no reason to distrust her. Ok the ex might complicate things if he came back, but at least he knows she will be honest with him.

i guess, maybe she said it to sabotage the relationship like when things are going well with someone people sabotage it subconsciously, its complicated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chocolatesauce
if she needs time give her time to PROPERLY get over him but don't get with her until she does this. You don't want to be someone she's using to get over him. Also its only been three days and you're having problems, makes me question things...

So you think me and her should just remain friends in the mean time, until she's really over him?
So you think me and her should just remain friends in the mean time, until she's really over him?

Its personal choice. She might never get over him it might take 6 months. Its a bit pointless until she is ready to move on, but I get the impression she will tell you she is over him sooner than she is. You did a good thing though you asked and you have a clear mind you are ready even if she isnt.
Original post by mkap
i thought you sad you been together fr over three years lol just read it again and realised three days, one of my childhood friends had a big crush on me since we was like 11/12 and we finally went out when we was in college. once we broke up it was so hard to get over him as he had been in my life for so long and he was not there for me all of a sudden. i kind of understand her if she has feelings for him but she shouldnt have entered another relationship so soon if she had feelings for him still esp loved him.

i guess, i would just go silent or more so not get into another relationship if im not over my ex

i guess, maybe she said it to sabotage the relationship like when things are going well with someone people sabotage it subconsciously, its complicated.

Lol, no we've been together for three days. I can imagine, it must have been hard, when you broke up, especially if you knew him for so long? Yeah she should have averted me beforehand, but I think the best decision would be if me and her went our separate ways and remained friends until she finally knows what she wants. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.
Its personal choice. She might never get over him it might take 6 months. Its a bit pointless until she is ready to move on, but I get the impression she will tell you she is over him sooner than she is. You did a good thing though you asked and you have a clear mind you are ready even if she isnt.

Yeah I guess you're right, maybe I should just leave her all together. That's the problem. What if she never gets over him truly, I will be the one to suffer. She probably should be with her ex and not me. It just hurts I guess. Knowing someone you like has emotions for someone else. :/
Reply 29
Lol, no we've been together for three days. I can imagine, it must have been hard, when you broke up, especially if you knew him for so long? Yeah she should have averted me beforehand, but I think the best decision would be if me and her went our separate ways and remained friends until she finally knows what she wants. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

no problem, i hope things go well :smile: you can always pm if you want advice :smile:

honestly yes, I've been in that position before, I mean I couldn't trust him fully because in the back of my mind I kept thinking he doesn't really mean what he says to me, maybe I was insecure or whatever but I could not trust him and that's rubbish in a relationship.
Yeah I guess you're right, maybe I should just leave her all together. That's the problem. What if she never gets over him truly, I will be the one to suffer. She probably should be with her ex and not me. It just hurts I guess. Knowing someone you like has emotions for someone else. :/

You cna either get back and give it a try and if she doesnt stop tlaking about him or you sense shed rather be with him call it a day. id tend to think she isnt over him.

Alternatively give her a period to get over him 3-6 months? Try again then.
No point being with someone when they wnat to be with someone else. In the meantime you can carry on dating and maybe youll meet someone not hooked on their ex who wnats to date just you.
Original post by mkap
no problem, i hope things go well :smile: you can always pm if you want advice :smile:

Okay thanks.:smile:
honestly yes, I've been in that position before, I mean I couldn't trust him fully because in the back of my mind I kept thinking he doesn't really mean what he says to me, maybe I was insecure or whatever but I could not trust him and that's rubbish in a relationship.

I can understand, it's not healthy for a relationship. So you ended the relationship?

This is what's troubling me, I do like her, but do I like her enough that I am willing to sacrifice being in another relationship just so I can wait till she gets over her ex.

Or should I just call it quits all together and leave her to get back with her ex.

All this is playing in my mind.
I can understand, it's not healthy for a relationship. So you ended the relationship?

This is what's troubling me, I do like her, but do I like her enough that I am willing to sacrifice being in another relationship just so I can wait till she gets over her ex.

Or should I just call it quits all together and leave her to get back with her ex.

All this is playing in my mind.

yeah I ended it but we're still friends also other things like exams and family affected my decision and I feel like I made the right choice. I mean its up to you, no one knows your relationship with her better than you, we're in no position to judge. Honestly what are your instincts telling you, go with that. Consider everything, its not the end of the world, I mean you never know in the future you may get back together and stuff.

lol I can understand, its a good thing she's honest.
You cna either get back and give it a try and if she doesnt stop tlaking about him or you sense shed rather be with him call it a day. id tend to think she isnt over him.

Alternatively give her a period to get over him 3-6 months? Try again then.
No point being with someone when they wnat to be with someone else. In the meantime you can carry on dating and maybe youll meet someone not hooked on their ex who wnats to date just you.

I'll take your advice on board and give it at least a few months and if I get the feeling or if she gives me any indication that she still isn't over him, then I'll end it. But It would be best if I get into a relationship with someone who isn't hooked on their ex but I'll see how things go in the next few months.

Thanks for the advice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
If you take her back now you look weak and manipulative, you don't break up or threaten to breakup unless you can go through with it

You had time to read through all that?? btw I'm currently surviving on 0 hours of sleep LMFAO
yeah I ended it but we're still friends also other things like exams and family affected my decision and I feel like I made the right choice. I mean its up to you, no one knows your relationship with her better than you, we're in no position to judge. Honestly what are your instincts telling you, go with that. Consider everything, its not the end of the world, I mean you never know in the future you may get back together and stuff.

lol I can understand, its a good thing she's honest.

Yeah at the end no-one knows her better than me. And things might still work out between us in the future, it's just a question of time and waiting to see what happens I guess. Thanks.
Any updates?
I've been with this girl for three days now and we were having a conversation over the phone about our exes. So I asked her if she still had love for her ex and she said " she's not going to lie, but yes". Then she asked me the same question and I replied "no"!. Her ex is living in another country so there's no chance of her moving country and re-uniting but I still got seriously hurt,. Knowing all the while I was with her she had love for another man, so I didn't reply I just cut the phone on her, but I sent her a text saying it was over. The next morning she calls me saying that she really regretted and was crying over what she had said to me over the phone, saying "that she knows I am the only one for her and I am the one she wants to be with, but that she needs time then I can be all hers" and said she wanted to meet up with me at a cafe tomorrow morning to talk about me and her.

I didn't really say anything after that,I just said "okay, I think I need to think this through" and cut. But this is been really depressing me the whole day since this morning, what should I do? should I call it quits and end the relationship within 3 days or give her a second chance?

I still have strong emotions for her, but something is telling me to end it.

I don't know what to do. :/

Too early to say that you're into her because you've been with her for couple of days only. Why don't you give more time to think things through? Assess your feelings towards her. No need to rush deciding whether to go back with her or not coz she herself needs time to heal from her past.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending