The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Were given board specific OCR and OCR cgp books for science. The cgp news condense the information. That's why everyone uses them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they do, but there is still some key information they seem to miss out which is annoying :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Yeah they do, but there is still some key information they seem to miss out which is annoying :smile:

For example ? I have found somethings that they cover vaguely or not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
For example ? I have found somethings that they cover vaguely or not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is one bit about insulin and it either doesn't mention the glycogen or glucagon production for one of the regulatory responses
Zoe, may you help me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Zoe, may you help me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure what do you need?
There is one bit about insulin and it either doesn't mention the glycogen or glucagon production for one of the regulatory responses

Oh yes. I know that bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure what do you need?

would this point work after my point about the structure of 'My Last Duchess' - this is just a rough outline of the point (for 'Medusa')

the woman is angered due to her inability to suppress the dire emotion of paranoia. she feels as though she should be exhibiting more signs of control over her emotion seeing as she is aware in regards of her metaphorical transformation into 'Medusa' *insert quote here* due to lack of control she is angered at how emotion has taken over her. this impulsive anger heightens as her paranoia becomes more extreme, (spews along free verse formation) - already spoken about) as it reaches each erratic shaped line.

then I will talk about the connection between free verse formation and the shaping of the lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile
would this point work after my point about the structure of 'My Last Duchess' - this is just a rough outline of the point (for 'Medusa':wink:

the woman is angered due to her inability to suppress the dire emotion of paranoia. she feels as though she should be exhibiting more signs of control over her emotion seeing as she is aware in regards of her metaphorical transformation into 'Medusa' *insert quote here* due to lack of control she is angered at how emotion has taken over her. this impulsive anger heightens as her paranoia becomes more extreme, (spews along free verse formation) - already spoken about) as it reaches each erratic shaped line.

then I will talk about the connection between free verse formation and the shaping of the lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that would go well with your other points :smile: - I know it's a rough draft but make sure it's all checked (I'm sure you will :biggrin:)
Yeah that would go well with your other points :smile: - I know it's a rough draft but make sure it's all checked (I'm sure you will :biggrin:)

thank you :smile: what do you mean by 'checked' ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you :smile: what do you mean by 'checked' ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean just make sure everything makes sense and your punctuation is accurate :smile:
fair enough yeah, I really struggle with my punctuation so will have to spend ages doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile
fair enough yeah, I really struggle with my punctuation so will have to spend ages doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only mean for that paragraph you just posted, the rest of your writing is just fine :smile:
Thank you and good luck to you too :smile:

Wow you must be powering through these pages -glad it is useful though :smile:

And nice choice of A-levels, much more varied than mine :smile:

Sure are there any particular topics/subjects? Or would you like them all? :smile:

Thank you - I hope you are enjoying your Easter break :smile:

:smile: Haha I hope as well :smile: LOL
Do you guys think revision guides are the best revision tools?
:smile:
good luck but you ain't need a*s to be successful mayne
Original post by trillin'
good luck but you ain't need a*s to be successful mayne

Thanks
True but it can't harm me to have them :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks
True but it can't harm me to have them :smile:

A*s still aren't needed mayne
theres no point in wasting the effort fam
Wow you must be powering through these pages -glad it is useful though :smile:

And nice choice of A-levels, much more varied than mine :smile:

Still on page 18 :tongue:

Really? I know history's the odd one out but I thought bio, chem and maths were a common combination - and look at you, doing geology! I didn't even know they offered it as an A-Level (i don't think they offer it where I'm at) Although, one of my friend's sisters did geology at uni and hated it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trillin'
A*s still aren't needed mayne
theres no point in wasting the effort fam

Putting in effort doesn't waste it. When you get the results you want, you'd be glad you put the effort in. That should apply to everything important to you.
i just don't know how people can get A* my worst was a U and my best was a A. Most of my subjects i plan to get a C no higher unfortunately as my teachers won't let me do the higher paper. i know i won't get 5Cs for college :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending