The Student Room Group

What is your favourite 'cheesy' 80s song?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Amellia123
Awesome!! And hopefulll Civil Engineering... my A levels are Maths, Chem and Bio :biggrin:

Oh I wish I was good at maths. I studied architecture for a while didn't compete it though only did two years.
Original post by SassKing13
Great song! :smile:

Yep! :yep: I watched an old Stars In Their Eyes a while ago and the guy did Billy Idol (that song) and he was so so good!!

[video="youtube;TN-fFmzFqPk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN-fFmzFqPk[/video]
Original post by Thomb
Oh I wish I was good at maths. I studied architecture for a while didn't compete it though only did two years.

Same.... I'm doing last years AS again this year along side A2 - its so hard!! I was thinking about architecture but knew I would never get on as its so competitive!!
Reply 363
Same.... I'm doing last years AS again this year along side A2 - its so hard!! I was thinking about architecture but knew I would never get on as its so competitive!!

Where are you aiming for?
Original post by Thomb
Where are you aiming for?

In maths I would really like an A (I scraped a C last year) but I highly doubt I will tbh, Chem and Bio will hopefully be a B
Haha ahh I see what you mean!

I remember doing Reach for Stars for my Y1 Christmas concert!!!

Awww that's amazing! All of ours were Bible related :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
In maths I would really like an A (I scraped a C last year) but I highly doubt I will tbh, Chem and Bio will hopefully be a B

Cool. What universities are you looking at? LoL I'm so exhausted I've got a headache I'm going to log off after this question - see you in a couple of days.... oh yeah how come you know so much about 80s music then ??? :biggrin:
Original post by Matrix123
Awww that's amazing! All of ours were Bible related :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it was really fun!! Most of mine were tbh (my primary school was very religious) I think we did a Victorian one once!

PS I just watched Dancing In The Street :rofl:
Haha it was really fun!! Most of mine were tbh (my primary school was very religious) I think we did a Victorian one once!

PS I just watched Dancing In The Street :rofl:

Ohh right. Wow! We weren't actually that religious :tongue:

Hahahaha so funny! :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Afternoon!! Thought I'd try and make a more 'successful' thread (seeing as the other one pretty much died)
Just wondering what everyone's favourite cheesy 80s song is (well doesn't have to be cheesy - like 80s pop?!)

I think I would have to go either;

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhg8D8MVYxQ

or

Wham! - Young Guns (Go For It!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNX3xA3wx5c

I shall tag some of you to get the thread going :tongue:

Spoiler

Hello :smile: I don't know if you'll class them as 'cheesy', but they're the kind of songs that people tend to sing on karaoke and do wacky dancing to?!?!?!?!

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
Wham - Wake me up before you go, go

I quite like them actually, but they tend to be the ones where, when they come on at discos and parties people are like 'Oh God' #FacePalm :dance:
Original post by Thomb
Cool. What universities are you looking at? LoL I'm so exhausted I've got a headache I'm going to log off after this question - see you in a couple of days.... oh yeah how come you know so much about 80s music then ??? :biggrin:

Well I accepted at Portsmouth (long story short - I picked the wrong course and then went through Extra) Aww okay then - I hope you feel better soon! (and don't forget the essay!!)
Ummm, mainly Top of the Pops and looking through my parents old CDs and that.... most of it I discovered by myself! Its kind od a hobby I suppose! (I also like 70s disco :tongue: )
Ohh right. Wow! We weren't actually that religious :tongue:

Hahahaha so funny! :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha the school was but I wasn't :rofl: So many times people have tried to convert me :lol: #atheistandproud

It actually is - Ahh Mick Jagger has always been hilarious :rofl:
Yep! :yep: I watched an old Stars In Their Eyes a while ago and the guy did Billy Idol (that song) and he was so so good!!

[video="youtube;TN-fFmzFqPk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN-fFmzFqPk[/video]

That was so cool! Sounds a lot like Billy Idol. He could pass as him if you watched it from a distance! :tongue:

"Tonight Matt, I'm going to be...Ian McCulloch" :lol:
Reply 373
[video="youtube;JWnIrxky3OQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnIrxky3OQ[/video]

One last tune my selector.
Original post by QueenBee98
Hello :smile: I don't know if you'll class them as 'cheesy', but they're the kind of songs that people tend to sing on karaoke and do wacky dancing to?!?!?!?!

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
Wham - Wake me up before you go, go

I quite like them actually, but they tend to be the ones where, when they come on at discos and parties people are like 'Oh God' #FacePalm :dance:

Hello! :smile: They are kind of cheesy (but I actually like them regardless!) I know what you mean, I love 80s music and when I request Wham everyone just groans at me :lol:
Haha the school was but I wasn't :rofl: So many times people have tried to convert me :lol: #atheistandproud

It actually is - Ahh Mick Jagger has always been hilarious :rofl:

Hahaha fair enough!
I see an opportunity to say something:
You should open up more. Gosh Amellia:colonhash:

Haha yeah he has! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 376
[video="youtube;etviGf1uWlg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etviGf1uWlg&ebc=ANyPxKpM9_a8Cj3TG8IciO4kFvX1 r2uRL9VRiN75oVSuiCLRZDhYrqRyPSsZ 1M-UGiumcyfUfgS9wwyaBCoYWpJRa6YNKdi YKg[/video]

And perhaps another one just for the kicks.
Original post by SassKing13
That was so cool! Sounds a lot like Billy Idol. He could pass as him if you watched it from a distance! :tongue:

"Tonight Matt, I'm going to be...Ian McCulloch" :lol:

Haha I was hoping you would like it! I was surprised how similar he sounded to the real thing!! :tongue: There is one of Marti Pellow (that isn't on YouTube) and my physics teacher get annoyed when I said he looked like the guy who was pretending to be him!!

Oh my word.... I will pay you £50 to do that!! (honest) But which song?!?!?! (the wacky/cool hair is compulsory)
Hahaha fair enough!
I see an opportunity to say something:
You should open up more. Gosh Amellia:colonhash:

Haha yeah he has! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD Matrix :colonhash: I am open minded, I just don't have a religion :lol: (well only The Bunnymen Religion apparently :tongue: )

:lol: Ikr!
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD Matrix :colonhash: I am open minded, I just don't have a religion :lol: (well only The Bunnymen Religion apparently :tongue: )

:lol: Ikr!

Hahahahahaha indeed! Sorry Amellia! :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

I owe you:
:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest