The Student Room Group

What did you get in your gcse's

Scroll to see replies

5A's and 5A*'s
2A*'s
4A's
3B's

BTEC Business - Distinction* (apparently = 2A*'s, but no one thinks that. Would've done a GCSE in the subject if my school offered it)

Only revised during study leave by reading through revision guides... Should've revised more. Tried this tactic at AS, didn't work quite so well.
Original post by nisha.sri
:smile: Do you writing notes help? Thank you for your advice :smile:

Definitely! Plus notes are easier to go over afterwards (as opposed to textbooks), seeing as you can make them more concise. No worries :h:
Original post by cynicphysicist
Definitely! Plus notes are easier to go over afterwards (as opposed to textbooks), seeing as you can make them more concise. No worries :h:

Ok :smile: How many hours did you revise for during the easter and what type of revision did you do when you were really close to your exams?

I'm so sorry , i am literally questioning you so much :smile: :colondollar:
Original post by swagswagswag
5A's and 5A*'s

How did you revise :smile:
Why do you say that ? :smile:

They are annoying :colonhash:
10 Us and an E
Original post by Student403
They are annoying :colonhash:

I guess they are :smile:
Ok :smile: How many hours did you revise for during the easter and what type of revision did you do when you were really close to your exams?

I'm so sorry , i am literally questioning you so much :smile: :colondollar:

Ahaha, that's alright - I probably did a few hours a day during easter on average, but in reality I tend to do long periods of studying then long periods of procrastination :biggrin:

When I was really close to exams, it was literally just past papers & looking over the notes on the stuff I really wasn't sure of.
Ahaha, that's alright - I probably did a few hours a day during easter on average, but in reality I tend to do long periods of studying then long periods of procrastination :biggrin:

When I was really close to exams, it was literally just past papers & looking over the notes on the stuff I really wasn't sure of.

:smile: Lol that is true, sometimes i don't get motivated at all and it really annoys me.
Sometimes i am so motivated that i would do tonnes of work :smile:
How is AS/ A level?

Btw I've always wanted to say this - ok not always but I swear i've seen you somewhere or someone like you :smile:
P.s Your really pretty- please excuse my awkwardness lol :smile: :smile:
:smile: Lol that is true, sometimes i don't get motivated at all and it really annoys me.
Sometimes i am so motivated that i would do tonnes of work :smile:
How is AS/ A level?

Btw I've always wanted to say this - ok not always but I swear i've seen you somewhere or someone like you :smile:
P.s Your really pretty- please excuse my awkwardness lol :smile: :smile:

Ditto, although nowadays it feels like I spend most of my time with nada motivation :tongue: AS are fun, although I'm doing 5 (6 if you want to count an EPQ) so they're a tad stressful at times..

Why thank you :h: Haha, you may have done if you're into MUN.
Ditto, although nowadays it feels like I spend most of my time with nada motivation :tongue: AS are fun, although I'm doing 5 (6 if you want to count an EPQ) so they're a tad stressful at times..

Why thank you :h: Haha, you may have done if you're into MUN.

Haha Lol :u: Good luck in your AS :smile: Have fun
Reply 232
Every time When I revise I start thinking of me opening my envelope on results day.. I get so stressed :frown:
4A*'s 2A's 3B's
12A*s and an A in additional maths, which is the highest you can get.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Christ Redeems
good enough results to get me into the best university in the country.

Maybe because the A-level system is changing GCSE results will become a more important part of your application, but I have seen some of my friends with 11A*'s get rejected at Oxbridge.

Basically if you f*** up your aptitude test for Oxbridge, no number of A*'s at GCSE will save you, and you still won't make the cut. Also interviews play a big role (especially Oxford).
Original post by c0c0nuts
12A*s and an A in additional maths, which is the highest you can get.

how did you revise?
Reply 237
3 As
5 Bs
2 Cs

#blessup
Reply 238
8A*s and 3As, The As were in ICT, iGCSE English Lang (I sat three English GCSEs), and Drama.
10A*s, 2 As and 1 C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest