The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trillin'
A*s still aren't needed mayne
theres no point in wasting the effort fam

To be honest I want the A*s so I'm going to try my damndest to get them.

If I didn't waste the effort on them what else should I spend my time on?
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Putting in effort doesn't waste it. When you get the results you want, you'd be glad you put the effort in. That should apply to everything important to you.

Well said - I couldn't have put it any better :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
To be honest I want the A*s so I'm going to try my damndest to get them.

If I didn't waste the effort on them what else should I spend my time on?

That is very true :smile:

You go girl :smile: Show them who you are :smile: LOL Haha
Original post by amyjanee15
i just don't know how people can get A* my worst was a U and my best was a A. Most of my subjects i plan to get a C no higher unfortunately as my teachers won't let me do the higher paper. i know i won't get 5Cs for college :frown:

Hey if you put the work in then I'm sure you can get the Cs you need if you can't get the higher papers. If you ever need help let me know :smile:
Hey guys :smile:

I just wanted to ask you guys a question. If you had to do your exams tomorrow what grades would you get? Just curious :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri

I just wanted to ask you guys a question. If you had to do your exams tomorrow what grades would you get? Just curious :smile: :biggrin:

English Lang: A*
English Lit: A*/A
French: A*
German: A
Maths: A*
Add Maths: A/B
History: A/B
Geography: A*/A
Science: AA/BB --> we haven't covered 10 topics out of the 25 that exist!! I am doomed basically. fml.
Original post by Mac117
English Lang: A*
English Lit: A*/A
French: A*
German: A
Maths: A*
Add Maths: A/B
History: A/B
Geography: A*/A
Science: AA/BB --> we haven't covered 10 topics out of the 25 that exist!! I am doomed basically. fml.

Wow :smile: :biggrin: I am sure you'll get those grades :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

No idea probably Bs :biggrin:
No idea probably Bs :biggrin:

:smile: I think you'd get A's and A* because of your hard work :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Putting in effort doesn't waste it. When you get the results you want, you'd be glad you put the effort in. That should apply to everything important to you.

Foh mayne I put effort into my music n **** but GCSEs are literally pointless, don't waste your time on them bruh
:smile: I think you'd get A's and A* because of your hard work :smile:

I wish - still got plenty to do

My chemistry teachers says I could get an A* tomorrow but I don't believe them

Why do you think that you have plenty to do? :smile:
Why do you think that you have plenty to do? :smile:

Well tbh I was talking to a friend and I said that even if I knew everything that ever could be asked I would still feel unconfident and want to do more :smile:

what gcse options did you pick?
also what exam board? :smile:
Wow :smile: :biggrin: I am sure you'll get those grades :smile:

I want A*A* in science, A* in history, and at least an A in additional maths, haha :biggrin: I'd be kind of disappointed with the results I wrote above, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either :wink:
Original post by YungRilt
what gcse options did you pick?
also what exam board? :smile:

Apart from the compulsory I took

Triple Science (OCR Gateway)
History (OCR)
German (AQA)
Geography (AQA)

And then ICT OCR Nationals

:smile:
Apart from the compulsory I took

Triple Science (OCR Gateway)
History (OCR)
German (AQA)
Geography (AQA)

And then ICT OCR Nationals

:smile:

I have a question... Why do most of the students here take different exam boards for some exams? I take all exams with the CIE, and so are my peers. Is it a normal thing, or do some exam boards offer different subjects...?
Original post by Mac117
I have a question... Why do most of the students here take different exam boards for some exams? I take all exams with the CIE, and so are my peers. Is it a normal thing, or do some exam boards offer different subjects...?

Some schools choose different exxam baords because of the way they ask questions and lay out the exam. Like, for example the year 10s after me have switched to AQA for science rather than OCR Gateway because of the way their questions are worded :smile:
Some schools choose different exxam baords because of the way they ask questions and lay out the exam. Like, for example the year 10s after me have switched to AQA for science rather than OCR Gateway because of the way their questions are worded :smile:

Oh, I see! Is the schooling in England 13 years long? It seems like all of you take the GCSEs in year 11, where as we do it in grade 10...
Original post by trillin'
Foh mayne I put effort into my music n **** but GCSEs are literally pointless, don't waste your time on them bruh

Thanks for your input - I just don't want to adopt your attitude - no offence :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest