The Student Room Group

Donald Trump says UK and Europe are not safe places following Brussels attacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Interesting take on the Qur'an there, given as the punishment for Kafirs is death. Whether hostages or non-combatants or otherwise, the Qur'an makes it perfectly clear that those who are guilty of committing Tafkir can be punished by death.

ISIS don't use terror as a political tool, because they aren't a political entity. They don't have political motivations or political goals, it's the most common error in both how people refer to and try to deal with ISIS. If you want to actually learn about ISIS, I'd recommend you start by reading this, rather than just spouting the 'they aren't real Muslims' nonsense:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/?fb_ref=Default

It's a bit of a long read, but it's a good starting point if you wanna actually understand the whole ISIS situation. Read through that and then explain to me in what way the article is flawed.

ISIS use terror as a political tool for certain, I can't see how there's any dispute over this. They want to enforce their extremist government over Syria, they govern parts of Syria through terror, they want to stir up racial hatred and make countries become isolationist and kick out refugees and hate Muslims in western countries. There is a definite political agenda.

And I'm not reading that entire article right now but anyone can realise that ISIS are not on the same wavelength as 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide. However accurate their following of the Quran is, they do not represent the beliefs of Muslims worldwide.
Original post by Frank Underwood
ISIS use terror as a political tool for certain, I can't see how there's any dispute over this. They want to enforce their extremist government over Syria, they govern parts of Syria through terror, they want to stir up racial hatred and make countries become isolationist and kick out refugees and hate Muslims in western countries. There is a definite political agenda.

And I'm not reading that entire article right now but anyone can realise that ISIS are not on the same wavelength as 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide. However accurate their following of the Quran is, they do not represent the beliefs of Muslims worldwide.

They don't use terror as a political tool, they use it as an act of war. And they do not have a political agenda of any sorts. ISIS don't give a rats arse about racial hatred or immigration. Their sole agenda is the establishing and expanding of the caliphate under Islamic law. Like I said, when you get the chance, read the article. It does a pretty good job of explaining it, and features the work of plenty of people far more informed than you or I.

Of course most Muslims don't agree with ISIS, I never claimed they did. I said that those who support ISIS can claim to be Muslims with total legitimacy, and I've provided oodles of proof. There is not a single thing ISIS do, which contravenes Islamic law.
Original post by Slutty Salafi
Trump is right.

Said nobody ever.
Reply 203
Original post by MyNameWasTaken12
Said nobody ever.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to recent events and American politics
Original post by wdkmwd
You clearly haven't been paying attention to recent events and American politics

Sorry I worded that poorly, what I meant to say was " said nobody who isn't a complete retard".
Reply 205
Original post by MyNameWasTaken12
Sorry I worded that poorly, what I meant to say was " said nobody who isn't a complete retard".

LMAO.
They don't use terror as a political tool, they use it as an act of war. And they do not have a political agenda of any sorts. ISIS don't give a rats arse about racial hatred or immigration. Their sole agenda is the establishing and expanding of the caliphate under Islamic law. Like I said, when you get the chance, read the article. It does a pretty good job of explaining it, and features the work of plenty of people far more informed than you or I.

Of course most Muslims don't agree with ISIS, I never claimed they did. I said that those who support ISIS can claim to be Muslims with total legitimacy, and I've provided oodles of proof. There is not a single thing ISIS do, which contravenes Islamic law.

ISIS do care very badly that we have taken in the refugees.

Maybe the militants in Syria don't have a political agenda, but the militants who have come to Europe or were radicalised European nationals definitely do have political aims.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Frank Underwood
ISIS do care very badly that we have taken in the refugees.

Maybe the militants in Syria don't have a political agenda, but the militants who have come to Europe or were radicalised European nationals definitely do have political aims.

It's rather amusing that you raise a succession of points, each of which is discussed in the article I linked some posts back now. But seeing as you apparently aren't inclined to read it, this discussion is rather going round in circles. So lets just agree to disagree :smile:
It's rather amusing that you raise a succession of points, each of which is discussed in the article I linked some posts back now. But seeing as you apparently aren't inclined to read it, this discussion is rather going round in circles. So lets just agree to disagree :smile:

okay but I didn't read it because it was very long indeed, maybe later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending