The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
https://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi+audio+converter&espv=2&biw=944&bih=927&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJrNmhwejLAhVK6WMKHcMYApAQ_AUIBygC

Lots of little boxes that will convert your audio jacks to HDMI output.

Find one thats a good price and does the job, Jack in one side, HDMI the other.. job done.

Put it into amazon/ebay or what ever, and I am sure there will be some - equally could probably find one at your local audio hardware shop.

The picture you linked is 1/4' cables, which you may find hard to get a converter for, so you might need to get connectors to make them rca.

Which look like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=rca+to+1/4&espv=2&biw=1046&bih=927&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmu_TuwujLAhVX5mMKHRzcBCAQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=OlKYKdDc5WuWzM%3A

Anyway, mix and match from HDMI to audio converters, and any cable connectors you need to change the audio ends, and you will be fine

Thanks for the help. It's a standard 3.5mm headphone jack so that should fit into those boxes linked. I did see those boxes but was wondering if there was a cheaper way to do it. Unfortunately the amp doesn't have hdmi out; just the standard L and R audio out ports (don't even know the name).
we got london on da track

The RCA connection would be coming out of the amp, so I would need the HDMI adaptor to have the headphone jack (RCA to 3.5mm to HDMI. I already have the first bit (which is the lead you linked) but the box would require the headphone jack.
Original post by little_wizard123
The RCA connection would be coming out of the amp, so I would need the HDMI adaptor to have the headphone jack (RCA to 3.5mm to HDMI. I already have the first bit (which is the lead you linked) but the box would require the headphone jack.

ah ok, Im with you -

Could look at solving the problem with an extra cable, such as:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-Socket-Phono-Plugs/dp/B0009N1MV4/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1459345522&sr=8-10&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca

then going into the hdmi adapter

There may be a simpler way, rather then having an adaptor + 2 cables.. but not one that I can see jumping out at me (see bellow, youve just solved the problem)
(edited 8 years ago)

Speak of the devil, youve just found it! problem solved.
Original post by BeFoUr
Thoughts: Your lecturer is a homo

Thoughts @difeo

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Well angry
Batman v Superman was better than expected. Last 45 minutes saved it and the plot made more sense once I thought about it after, although still could've been a lot better.

Afleck was pretty good, and Gal Gadot is fit as. Henry Cavill is aesthetic goals
Original post by zKlown
Thoughts @difeo

homephobes gonna homophobe
@Rk2k14 @BeFoUr @Straight up G @Kim-Jong-Illest

top 5 producers?

Dr Dre
Kanye
Just Blaze
Scott Storch
The Neptunes (possibly Timbaland)

???
Reply 1210
Original post by swirly

top 5 producers?

Dr Dre
Kanye
Just Blaze
Scott Storch

???

No DJ Premier and RZA.

For shame swirly.
Original post by Rk2k14
No DJ Premier and RZA.

For shame swirly.

its really hard to make a top 5 when you think about it. I'd put them in a top 10.

whos your top 5? and your top?

I've gone for Dre at number 1, because he didnt make hits, he made whole careers for artists.

Spoiler

Original post by swirly

top 5 producers?

Dr Dre
Kanye
Just Blaze
Scott Storch

???

Mustard on the beat hoe>>

Also, reply to PM's pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly

top 5 producers?

Dr Dre
Kanye
Just Blaze
Scott Storch

???

dilla
Reply 1214
Original post by swirly
its really hard to make a top 5 when you think about it. I'd put them in a top 10.

whos your top 5? and your top?

I've gone for Dre at number 1, because he didnt make hits, he made whole careers for artists.

Spoiler

DJ Premier
Dr Dre
RZA
DJ Dilla
Madlib

Honourable mention to Kanye & Havoc. Ominous beats had me shook.
Original post by BeFoUr
Mustard on the beat hoe>>

Also, reply to PM's pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

theres literally nothing to reply to :colonhash:

Original post by difeo
dilla

imagine thinking I asked for your opinion
Reply 1216
damn rk

back at it again with the poverty gifs
Original post by swirly