The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Recommend Areas to private rent in Norwich

I am a mature student looking to make Uea my firm choice. I am looking to rent privately as I have young children. I would like to know which areas in Norwich offer a good environment for young children not too far from the University. I will be moving from London and not familiar with the local area at all.
Original post by Declare
I am a mature student looking to make Uea my firm choice. I am looking to rent privately as I have young children. I would like to know which areas in Norwich offer a good environment for young children not too far from the University. I will be moving from London and not familiar with the local area at all.

Hi there, UEA grad here who lived in Norwich for 4 years, 3 of those in privately rented accommodation. For those 3 years I lived in Eaton- there are a few student houses, but its mostly families. It's between a 10-20 minute minute walk to the university depending on which bit you are in and how fast you walk, buses from the centre of Eaton (11a) and South Park Avenue (25) go into town, buses from South Park Avenue go to the uni, however its only a 5-10 minute walk from there at most.

Eaton has got a small centre with Waitrose, boots, opticians, pub, cafe and takeaway. There is a lovely park in Eaton too which has a mini steam train in the Summer months. Eaton Primary school has a good rating from Ofsted and a few stops down on the 25 bus from South Park Avenue you have Colman Infant School (Outstanding) and Junior School (Good)

In my opinion it is by far and away the nicest area near the uni, however I have no idea what the cost of renting a whole house or flat would be.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Hi there, UEA grad here who lived in Norwich for 4 years, 3 of those in privately rented accommodation. For those 3 years I lived in Eaton- there are a few student houses, but its mostly families. It's between a 10-20 minute minute walk to the university depending on which bit you are in and how fast you walk, buses from the centre of Eaton (11a) and South Park Avenue (25) go into town, buses from South Park Avenue go to the uni, however its only a 5-10 minute walk from there at most.

Eaton has got a small centre with Waitrose, boots, opticians, pub, cafe and takeaway. There is a lovely park in Eaton too which has a mini steam train in the Summer months. Eaton Primary school has a good rating from Ofsted and a few stops down on the 25 bus from South Park Avenue you have Colman Infant School (Outstanding) and Junior School (Good)

In my opinion it is by far and away the nicest area near the uni, however I have no idea what the cost of renting a whole house or flat would be.

Thanks for the information , all very helpful. I will take a look at the costs. it does sound like a child friendly area.
Original post by Declare
Thanks for the information , all very helpful. I will take a look at the costs. it does sound like a child friendly area.

Happy to help, if you have any other q's about Norwich or the uni feel free to ask!
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
Happy to help, if you have any other q's about Norwich or the uni feel free to ask!

Hi Jelly I have had a look. Also came across Cringleford, I am wondering if it's any good ?
Original post by Declare
Hi Jelly I have had a look. Also came across Cringleford, I am wondering if it's any good ?

Afraid I've only been to Cringleford once so I don't know much about it other than its further away, so it would be a longer walk to uni- around 40 minutes according to google maps and there isn't a bus that goes all the way between the two.
Reply 6
I'm a mature student and although I don't have kids I live in a 2 bed property in the golden triangle, so half way between uni and town pretty much and on the 25 bus route to campus. It's far enough away from campus that it's quiet (even though I'm on a main road), but close to amenities. Flats and houses on the non-student rental market turn over quickly in the area but there's generally quite a lot of choice. Hope that helps at all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending