The Student Room Group

If your parents died today would you be sad?

Personally i could care any less about my dad but all my love and care would go to my mum though....

what about the rest of you all?

Scroll to see replies

of course I'd be sad - I'd be devastated
why wouldn't you care about your dad? what did he do?
Reply 2
If my dad died, I wouldn't care as I've never had anything to do with him and he was horrible to my mum. If my stepdad died, I would be very upset and if my mum died, I would be heartbroken.
Reply 3
I can't even think about my parents dyin without getting tears. I love them ❤️ Don't want them to die 😓
Yes, I don't know what I would do.:frown:
yeah of course
I think I'd be equally sad about both
:party2:nooo i would rather be happy and crack a party :party2:

Spoiler

Well obviously?
Reply 8
Of course I would, they've done so much for me and I love them
Well tbh I've always thought I'd hate it. I love my parents so much even though they do stuff sometimes to make my life a lot harder (not on purpose obviously :tongue:).

With my dad gone, I'd feel quite lost. We're not really close but it'd be really weird not having him there. I rely on my mum a lot - mainly in terms of me being as happy as is generally possible as long as she is happy. Everything I've done has in a way been for her. I didn't think I could get through life thinking about my mum being gone. Then I met my boyfriend, and I feel really bad for saying this but it's the truth - as long as he's here with me, I think I'd be able to get through it alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
For my "dad" I'd probably celebrate, it's the moment he'll get what he deserves

But with my mum I sincerely hope that I will be upset and actually come to terms with it, unlike the death of other family members. I feel bad that I'm not really phased by their deaths, but I'm not in touch with my emotions at all. So it was just being notified where I just accept it and kind of move on with my day, I feel seriously bad about it but I'm seriously so emotionless.

Anyway. This got waaaay too deep and is turning in to a therapy sesion:colondollar:
Nah.

Be more upset if I lost a pair of socks tbh.

Spoiler

Reply 12
wtf is this thread
Reply 13
Original post by thefatone
Personally i could care any less about my dad but all my love and care would go to my mum though....

what about the rest of you all?

Would I be sad?.....No, I'd be rich.

Dollar dollar bill yo
Dad died years ago and so I know I m going to be even more devasted losing mum.
Reply 15
This thread is proper putting my mood down. But in all honesty, I'd rather die before my parents did... Which is really selfish but... 😢😢😢😢😢
Reply 16
Original post by AlmightyJesus
of course I'd be sad - I'd be devastatedwhy wouldn't you care about your dad? what did he do?
things, he did things, check my other threads
Original post by Spock's Socks
If my dad died, I wouldn't care as I've never had anything to do with him and he was horrible to my mum. If my stepdad died, I would be very upset and if my mum died, I would be heartbroken.
same but without the stepdad bit
Original post by ZuluK
I can't even think about my parents dyin without getting tears. I love them ❤️ Don't want them to die 😓
haha that's seems like most peoples' responses on here
Original post by Blackstarr
Yes, I don't know what I would do.:frown:
Original post by defenestrated
yeah of courseI think I'd be equally sad about both
Original post by fatima1998
:party2:nooo i would rather be happy and crack a party :party2:

Spoiler

Original post by Plagioclase
Well obviously?
well i wanted to see what people think about their parents and all..
Original post by yoda123
Of course I would, they've done so much for me and I love them
Original post by Matrix123
Well tbh I've always thought I'd hate it. I love my parents so much even though they do stuff sometimes to make my life a lot harder (not on purpose obviously :tongue:).With my dad gone, I'd feel quite lost. We're not really close but it'd be really weird not having him there. I rely on my mum a lot - mainly in terms of me being as happy as is generally possible as long as she is happy. Everything I've done has in a way been for her. I didn't think I could get through life thinking about my mum being gone. Then I met my boyfriend, and I feel really bad for saying this but it's the truth - as long as he's here with me, I think I'd be able to get through it alright.Posted from TSR Mobile
i guess support from other sources could help with your loss
Original post by KaylaB
For my "dad" I'd probably celebrate, it's the moment he'll get what he deservesBut with my mum I sincerely hope that I will be upset and actually come to terms with it, unlike the death of other family members. I feel bad that I'm not really phased by their deaths, but I'm not in touch with my emotions at all. So it was just being notified where I just accept it and kind of move on with my day, I feel seriously bad about it but I'm seriously so emotionless.Anyway. This got waaaay too deep and is turning in to a therapy sesion:colondollar:
LOL haha who needs therapy?
Original post by stefano865
Nah.Be more upset if I lost a pair of socks tbh.

Spoiler

>.> really?
Original post by ivy.98
wtf is this thread
this thread is about parents dying and your response to that(a theoretical situation
Original post by Whatitdo
Would I be sad?.....No, I'd be rich.Dollar dollar bill yo
dam dude thinking of only profiting of other peoples' deaths isn't good...
this is pathetic, people saying that they wouldnt mind if their "dad died" or their "mum died"

for Gods sake at the end of the day they are still your parents

ofc you'd be devastated this is a ridiculous thread tbh
Reply 18
Original post by claireestelle

oh... i'm sorry to hear that :/
Original post by ZuluK
This thread is proper putting my mood down. But in all honesty, I'd rather die before my parents did... Which is really selfish but... 😢😢😢😢😢

dam probably best if you don't com back to this thread in a bit them, just ignore further notifications from this thread then ^-^
Original post by claireestelle

i can totally understand you..
:/

Quick Reply

Latest