The Student Room Group

Easter Revision Hours HELP?

Hi there!

I'm super new to this whole TSR thing so i just wanted to say hello!

My name is Eve and I'm 16 in Year 11.

Anyways, I'm currently on my Easter break and apart from Easter Sunday i have done 5-9 hours a day revision (that 9 hour day KILLED me so I doubt I shall ever do that again)

i was just wondering how much everyone else is doing, partly to reassure myself and partly out of curiosity!

I have 1 A* in ICT already and I am predicted 11 A*s this year, but I feel like as soon as I move on to revise another subject it all leaves my brain! GAH!

But yeah, feel free to have a chat down below so we can get through this together!

Hope your Easter is going better than mine!

Scroll to see replies

Wait...is this the youtuber eve bennett???
Reply 2
Ahhhh GCSEs the good ole days when cramming was an efficient and effective method of revision, this might sound crazy but I suggest you take a step back from the work and let it sink in then cram as much as you can and let it sink in etc. As soon as I finished GCSEs I didn't do work in the summer but knew so much more than during the exam because my brain had a chance to relax and let it sink in
Reply 3
Thanks! Yeah on the first day of the holidays I did an hour per science unit with a 5 minute break each hour and a one hour break every three hours! i was very proud of myself but also very exhuasted and I felt like i wasn't as productive the day after, now I try to do between 6 and 7, but to be honest I feel like the bulk of my revision will be in the week and day leading up to the exam, as I always tend to do it a little over a long period and then cram like a mad woman! haha, best of luck with your exams! :smile:
Original post by evebennettx
Hi there!

I'm super new to this whole TSR thing so i just wanted to say hello!

My name is Eve and I'm 16 in Year 11.

Anyways, I'm currently on my Easter break and apart from Easter Sunday i have done 5-9 hours a day revision (that 9 hour day KILLED me so I doubt I shall ever do that again)

i was just wondering how much everyone else is doing, partly to reassure myself and partly out of curiosity!

I have 1 A* in ICT already and I am predicted 11 A*s this year, but I feel like as soon as I move on to revise another subject it all leaves my brain! GAH!

But yeah, feel free to have a chat down below so we can get through this together!

Hope your Easter is going better than mine!

Hours mean nothing. 9 hours could mean that, you were on your phone for 4 of those hours or watching Youtube videos. Instead, you need to make revision goals day by day that you stick to no matter what!
Reply 5
Original post by Username3097486
Wait...is this the youtuber eve bennett???

... yeah haha! Youtubers have gotta revise too!
Reply 6
Original post by LelouchViRuge
Hours mean nothing. 9 hours could mean that, you were on your phone for 4 of those hours or watching Youtube videos. Instead, you need to make revision goals day by day that you stick to no matter what!

Seee I've tried that but it literally doesn't motivate me! I have an app on my phone which stops me from using it for 55 minutes, and I tend to do a variety of different things in the hour to keep me motivated, so I do feel like my time is spent well, I use my breaks to watch youtube haha! When I say I'm going to do an hour, i really do mean an hour :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zayn008
Ahhhh GCSEs the good ole days when cramming was an efficient and effective method of revision, this might sound crazy but I suggest you take a step back from the work and let it sink in then cram as much as you can and let it sink in etc. As soon as I finished GCSEs I didn't do work in the summer but knew so much more than during the exam because my brain had a chance to relax and let it sink in

Thanks!!
... yeah haha! Youtubers have gotta revise too!

hooly craap...just wanna say thanks so much your videos are extremely useful for revision and have helped so much, but welcome to TSR! :smile:

well so far, instead of timing ive been doing to do lists and stuff instead of just hours. i guess if you do to do lists you feel kind of more free in a way, instead of having to force yourself to revise e.g at 5pm when you can't be bothered.
I always wondered if you went on TSR haha :biggrin:

I'm currently doing 6 hours a day, this is for Scottish Highers though and I'm doing 4 subjects so it's a little bit different. I think it's important to still have free time and that motivates me as I'm revising throughout the day or I just get so stressed which makes everything worse.

During exam leave I usually do more as I can get up earlier as I find it difficult to revise past 6pm for some reason
Seee I've tried that but it literally doesn't motivate me! I have an app on my phone which stops me from using it for 55 minutes, and I tend to do a variety of different things in the hour to keep me motivated, so I do feel like my time is spent well, I use my breaks to watch youtube haha! When I say I'm going to do an hour, i really do mean an hour :smile:

which app is this may i ask!?
Damn gurrl you're beautiful, drop your snapchat in my inbox yeah safe
hooly craap...just wanna say thanks so much your videos are extremely useful for revision and have helped so much, but welcome to TSR! :smile:

well so far, instead of timing ive been doing to do lists and stuff instead of just hours. i guess if you do to do lists you feel kind of more free in a way, instead of having to force yourself to revise e.g at 5pm when you can't be bothered.

I wish I could do lists! I have to do it by hours sadly :frown:
I wish I could do lists! I have to do it by hours sadly :frown:

Why do you have to?
Original post by ashleymacleod
I always wondered if you went on TSR haha :biggrin:

I'm currently doing 6 hours a day, this is for Scottish Highers though and I'm doing 4 subjects so it's a little bit different. I think it's important to still have free time and that motivates me as I'm revising throughout the day or I just get so stressed which makes everything worse.

During exam leave I usually do more as I can get up earlier as I find it difficult to revise past 6pm for some reason

This week I was supposed to be getting up at 9 and starting but now it's 11 more often than not! In exam season I'm just gonna go for it because short term pain for long term gain eh!? :smile:
Original post by fabruttledge
which app is this may i ask!?

It's called focusnow i think!
Why do you have to?

Lists do not motivate me at all! I'll just put a specific topic to revise, so for example I won't just put biology, i'll put Biology Unit 3a :smile:
ive made a timetable (6 hours a day) but its so so hard to stick to omg and i have no motivation :frown:

im stressing so much atm
(edited 8 years ago)
Lists do not motivate me at all! I'll just put a specific topic to revise, so for example I won't just put biology, i'll put Biology Unit 3a :smile:

That's a good thing, because then at least you know what specific thing to do. But it's up to you. I did a timetable for mocks and i hated it and when i didnt stick to it because i felt like crap. Also try not to make your to do lists huuuge, because if you dont complete all tasks you might feel rubbish. You could try increase it day by day if you feel like you're getting some momentum

just some advice though, do what works for you :smile:
Original post by meganbriers
ive made a timetable (6 hours a day) but its so so hard to stick to omg and i have no motivation :frown:

im stressing so much atm

If it's any consolation i am actually sticking to it and I feel like I am getting nowhere! so don't worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest