The Student Room Group

Your views on feminism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
Yes I have talked to MRAs.

You made out before that Feminsists support genocide because of a stupid,tongue in cheek comment of one idiot.

That hashtag is still around today and the woman's defence to it all was I'm a women and a minority I can not be racist or sexist.

What did the MRA's say? Did they say we don't care about any issues men have we just want to shut women up?
I am a feminist if you mean gender equality, I am not a feminist if you mean female supremacy - because that contradicts my beliefs.

The word itself is controversial - feminist suggets female-favouring which leads to a lot of heat in discussion. The word either needs to be changed or only mean one thing and perceived as one thing by everyone.

What I don't get is that in every feminist rally I have seen it is only women that is there because it seems as if feminism only applies to women - which it doesn't.

I actually agree with what you are saying that basicially there is no gender equality for a valid reason. If you own a company and you have women workers and men workers you will have to pay the women less because:

- pregnancy
- more issues in terms of sexual health
- the above can lead to taking time off

It is actually statisically true that women take more time off than men. Despite these valid reasons, I still don't believe that's right because if they work hard they deserve to be payed as much as men. As a man myself - it hurts to see that there is still a gender pay gap and that it may never narrow. It may narrow down but unfortunately not in the near future.
Original post by joecphillips
That hashtag is still around today and the woman's defence to it all was I'm a women and a minority I can not be racist or sexist.

What did the MRA's say? Did they say we don't care about any issues men have we just want to shut women up?

If you're going to make out all Feminsists are like that you're an idiot. It was a stupid,tongue in cheek Ill judged comment. Femisints don't want a genocide.

The MRAs are far right, they focused almost exclusively on women, rather than men's issues like homelessness, mental health,male poverty etc.
Like Mgtow, they often tend to be lonely and bitter.
Their answer to mens problems is to take rights away from women.
Men and Women will never be equal.
If you're going to make out all Feminsists are like that you're an idiot. It was a stupid,tongue in cheek Ill judged comment. Femisints don't want a genocide.

The MRAs are far right, they focused almost exclusively on women, rather than men's issues like homelessness, mental health,male poverty etc.
Like Mgtow, they often tend to be lonely and bitter.
Their answer to mens problems is to take rights away from women.

Not true once again I urge you to watch cassie jayes documentary (that feminists tried to stop for being impartial) I know I won't change your opinion maybe her documentary will.

I never said all There are some good feminists who are open to discussion but based on my experiences with the others you either agree or get abused.

I was once threatened to be reported for sexual harassment because I disagreed with what they were saying luckily people had overheard the conversation and put a stop to that threat.
Not true once again I urge you to watch cassie jayes documentary (that feminists tried to stop for being impartial) I know I won't change your opinion maybe her documentary will.

I never said all There are some good feminists who are open to discussion but based on my experiences with the others you either agree or get abused.

I was once threatened to be reported for sexual harassment because I disagreed with what they were saying luckily people had overheard the conversation and put a stop to that threat.

I've seen documentaries on MRA. They are far right, they are obsessed with pua, they're obsessed with the ideas that they are victims due to women.

Watch Reggie Yeates documentary on them.
They reject any economic analysis of men's issues. They see emotion as weakness. They are harmful, not helpful to men.

If MRA genuinely focused on issues which affected men like homelessness, suicide, mental health, the issues for gay men in religious communities, circumcision, Prostate and Testicular Cancer, etc then that would be good.

But they don't, they focus on how evil women are. Look at Mgtow and Roosh's fan base. They support rape, they shame women for being fat, they view women as inferior to men etc.

Their answer is to take women back to the 60s.

Feminism does not call for a genocide on men. You're using one tongue in cheek comment to tar the whole movement.

I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences but to make out like that's representative of the whole movement is absurd.

I'd also add that feminism has done far more to help men, then men have themselves. It's challenged concepts of gender roles, it's shown its okay speak about emotions- unlike Mra who tell people they must be nacho and so men with mental health issues feel too scared to speak out.

They also campaign strongly on economic inequality which highlights and brings to the fore issues for men too.

The difference is feminism cares about women. MRAs do not care about men.

Let women campaign on issues important to them. Stop with the sheer bitterness.
I've seen documentaries on MRA. They are far right, they are obsessed with pua, they're obsessed with the ideas that they are victims due to women.

Watch Reggie Yeates documentary on them.
They reject any economic analysis of men's issues. They see emotion as weakness. They are harmful, not helpful to men.

If MRA genuinely focused on issues which affected men like homelessness, suicide, mental health, the issues for gay men in religious communities, circumcision, Prostate and Testicular Cancer, etc then that would be good.

But they don't, they focus on how evil women are. Look at Mgtow and Roosh's fan base. They support rape, they shame women for being fat, they view women as inferior to men etc.

Their answer is to take women back to the 60s.

Feminism does not call for a genocide on men. You're using one tongue in cheek comment to tar the whole movement.

I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences but to make out like that's representative of the whole movement is absurd.

I'd also add that feminism has done far more to help men, then men have themselves. It's challenged concepts of gender roles, it's shown its okay speak about emotions- unlike Mra who tell people they must be nacho and so men with mental health issues feel too scared to speak out.

They also campaign strongly on economic inequality which highlights and brings to the fore issues for men too.

The difference is feminism cares about women. MRAs do not care about men.

Let women campaign on issues important to them. Stop with the sheer bitterness.

I have never tried to stop them campaigning an issue but I will speak up when they are campaigning for something I disagree with why does their voice matter more than mine?

The bbc as much as it tries to say otherwise is not impartial, one example is about gaming they made a documentary about it and talked to a woman who had said many complimentary things about gamers but they only showed the bad to push their agenda, so I urge you to watch this one by someone who admits that they had similar views to you at the beginning and some feminists when they found out it wasn't a propaganda piece and it was balanced decided to withdraw funding and attack the credibility of the maker.

MRA's do care about men do your own research not what others tell you about them, you say I judge the whole feminist movement by the whole feminist movement, while judging the entire MRA movement, I have said many times not all feminists are bad just the majority of them who I have had discussions with it normally takes 2 or 3 posts till they bring out the personal attacks.

Where is the proof that mgtow is pro rape as far as I have saw they are about men going their own way.

Being fat is not a good thing, if it was the government wouldn't be worried about an obesity epidemic would they?

I like how you go on about me defining a movement by certain people and you do exactly that.

You obviously haven't met and talked to MRA's as that is not what the movement is about go actually look into the movement and what they are saying you will find lots of problems men have and want to bring up but are shot down and called misogynist for not believing women are as oppressed as they say they are.
I have never tried to stop them campaigning an issue but I will speak up when they are campaigning for something I disagree with why does their voice matter more than mine?

If you're going to tell women they are wrong to try and help victims of domestic abuse, victims of fgm, victims of rape, poor and vulnerable women caught up in the sex industry then yes you are wrong and bitter.

It would be like telling Cancer Research they cannot campaign to help cancer victims, it's absurd logic.

The bbc as much as it tries to say otherwise is not impartial, one example is about gaming they made a documentary about it and talked to a woman who had said many complimentary things about gamers but they only showed the bad to push their agenda, so I urge you to watch this one by someone who admits that they had similar views to you at the beginning and some feminists when they found out it wasn't a propaganda piece and it was balanced decided to withdraw funding and attack the credibility of the maker.

Ah, the whole world's against you isn't it? The BBC is fairly impartial. Watch the documentary. It follows the MRA, gives them a chance to speak and put their side accross.

MRA's do care about men do your own research not what others tell you about them, you say I judge the whole feminist movement by the whole feminist movement, while judging the entire MRA movement, I have said many times not all feminists are bad just the majority of them who I have had discussions with it normally takes 2 or 3 posts till they bring out the personal attacks.

Nop, MRA certainly do not. They focus entirely on women, not men. They say nothing about real issues affecting men like male suicide rates, male mental health, male homelessness etc. They want to stop women campaigning on their issues.

Where is the proof that mgtow is pro rape as far as I have saw they are about men going their own way.

That lot is all tied up with Roosh and his pro-rape views. Mgtow make out like men are the great oppressed, it's laughable.

Being fat is not a good thing, if it was the government wouldn't be worried about an obesity epidemic would they?

http://www.returnofkings.com/18782/fat-shaming-week

Roosh established 'fat women shaming week', he calls fat women immoral. It's bullying. It's hardly like he wants to promote a healthy lifestyle, he encourage people to bully women for being fat. Why does he not have a 'fat man shaming' week?
Roosh also boasts about having raped girls, and he is supported by the MRA movement who pay money to see him.

I like how you go on about me defining a movement by certain people and you do exactly that.

No, the difference is you take isolated incidents which are widely opposed and condemned by the movement and make out they are representative. You chose a tongue in cheek tweet to try and imply feminism wants a genocie of men. You're an idiot.

In contrast, the entire MRA movement is based on things like PUA, fat shaming, slut shaming, taking women's rights away. That's what it is. It cares nothing about mens issues. They're far right, lonely, bitter virgins who worship pro-rape nutters like Roosh. They believe all their problems are down to women. They're a joke.

You obviously haven't met and talked to MRA's as that is not what the movement is about go actually look into the movement and what they are saying you will find lots of problems men have and want to bring up but are shot down and called misogynist for not believing women are as oppressed as they say they are.

Why on earth are they bothered about women ffs. Stop telling women what they can and can't do and focus on men's issues like poverty, mental health, homosexuality, suicide, homelessness etc. Oh wait, they don't because that doesn't allow them to blame women.

FFS, let women campaign on their issues and stop being a bitter sod.
If you're going to tell women they are wrong to try and help victims of domestic abuse, victims of fgm, victims of rape, poor and vulnerable women caught up in the sex industry then yes you are wrong and bitter.

It would be like telling Cancer Research they cannot campaign to help cancer victims, it's absurd logic.

Ah, the whole world's against you isn't it? The BBC is fairly impartial. Watch the documentary. It follows the MRA, gives them a chance to speak and put their side accross.

Nop, MRA certainly do not. They focus entirely on women, not men. They say nothing about real issues affecting men like male suicide rates, male mental health, male homelessness etc. They want to stop women campaigning on their issues.

That lot is all tied up with Roosh and his pro-rape views. Mgtow make out like men are the great oppressed, it's laughable.

http://www.returnofkings.com/18782/fat-shaming-week

Roosh established 'fat women shaming week', he calls fat women immoral. It's bullying. It's hardly like he wants to promote a healthy lifestyle, he encourage people to bully women for being fat. Why does he not have a 'fat man shaming' week?
Roosh also boasts about having raped girls, and he is supported by the MRA movement who pay money to see him.

No, the difference is you take isolated incidents which are widely opposed and condemned by the movement and make out they are representative. You chose a tongue in cheek tweet to try and imply feminism wants a genocie of men. You're an idiot.

In contrast, the entire MRA movement is based on things like PUA, fat shaming, slut shaming, taking women's rights away. That's what it is. It cares nothing about mens issues. They're far right, lonely, bitter virgins who worship pro-rape nutters like Roosh. They believe all their problems are down to women. They're a joke.

Why on earth are they bothered about women ffs. Stop telling women what they can and can't do and focus on men's issues like poverty, mental health, homosexuality, suicide, homelessness etc. Oh wait, they don't because that doesn't allow them to blame women.

FFS, let women campaign on their issues and stop being a bitter sod.

Where have I said they can't?

I will watch it if you agree to watch the documentary I have asked you to watch when it comes out.

Not from my experience and when I have talked to them.

I thought we weren't allowed to make assertions about the whole group, you accused me of doing that regarding the call for genocide so why is it different rules for each side?

Other feminists have said that men should be put in camps.

No it isn't.

Once again where have I said they can't?

Let me express my opinion on topics rather than saying I'm trying to stop people expressing their issues, am I entitled to express my side?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending