The Student Room Group

Revision woes :(

Okay so as most of you know, I've been working pretty hard since September but for some reason everything seems to be falling apart and I no longer want to put the work in :frown:

I've been ill on and off over the past few weeks, and really ill over Easter. That knocked me off quite a bit in terms of revision. I also haven't been eating properly like I no longer eat breakfast or have a substantial lunch (I literally eat a sandwich or half a bowl of pasta)...

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

All I've got done today is some C2 circles, Nazi opposition and ventilation (biology) revision...

I really don't want to get bad grades this year and have put in so much work over the past 6 months. This Cambridge residential next week I hope will motivate me, but I have this innate feeling it will demotivate me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jamestg
Okay so as most of you know, I've been working pretty hard since September but for some reason everything seems to be falling apart and I no longer want to put the work in :frown:

I've been ill on and off over the past few weeks, and really ill over Easter. That knocked me off quite a bit in terms of revision. I also haven't been eating properly like I no longer eat breakfast or have a substantial lunch (I literally eat a sandwich or half a bowl of pasta)...

All I've got done today is some C2 circles, Nazi opposition and ventilation (biology) revision...

I really don't want to get bad grades this year and have put in so much work over the past 6 months. This Cambridge residential next week I hope will motivate me, but I have this innate feeling it will demotivate me.

This is my problem too!! Ive been ill the past week also. I did this last year when doing GCSEs and Im getting really worried at this point. I got rejected from UNIQ which didn't help my motivation either:tongue:.

Maybe we are burned out.
Reply 2
Original post by ozmo19
This is my problem too!! Ive been ill the past week also. I did this last year when doing GCSEs and Im getting really worried at this point. I got rejected from UNIQ which didn't help my motivation either:tongue:.

Maybe we are burned out.

Someone else in the same position!!

Maybe we are :frown:
Take a day break where you do nothing, and come back even harder from it.
Reply 4
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Take a day break where you do nothing, and come back even harder from it.

I would do that, but part of the problem is I feel so out of the loop because when I was ill I did no revision at all so that was four days taken away. Taking another day off will just add to it...

If you catch my drift?
Reply 5
Try to slowly adjust back into the eating and revision routine - just do something that would seem small in comparison to before (e.g. only 30 minutes revising X, Y, Z) and start building that up slowly day by day.

It's probably the prospect of going straight back into full on revision that's daunting you more than the work itself - just build it up gradually.
You arent eating properly which leads me tho think you are also missing out on sleep and destressing. To be at peak it helps if you eat properly, rest and dont drive yourself into the ground. Get your timetable sorted out and leave 20% of the slots free to adjust as you go along.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
You arent eating properly which leads me tho think you are also missing out on sleep and destressing. To be at peak it helps if you eat properly, rest and dont drive yourself into the ground. Get your timetable sorted out and leave 20% of the slots free to adjust as you go along.

My timetable isn't an issue. I set myself two tasks which I can alternate between...
Original post by jamestg

Lol I'm the same I put it no so much effort in revision and have been working since September and have had days where I'm like I want to give up. What most intelligent people do is that they underestimate their abilities. You feel like a small fish in a big pond. You need to just keep pushing forward. The hardest thing is starting, once you get into your flow you will be hitting hard. Don't let little things demotivate you there's absolutely nothing wrong spending couple of days just wasting time, your brain will probably thank you for it. Just remember you're the best of your game, smarter than the rest and you will succeed. Keep focused and push forward!! :smile:
Reply 9
Hi James :hugs:

I thought I told you to rest :hand:
I think it's just that you feel a bit burned out, I'm telling you, you've worked tremendously hard since the beginning and the reason you aren't eating properly is because you aren't getting enough rest!

Seriously, have a bit of a holiday (it is the holidays after all, make the most of it :redface: (at least until the weekend :colondollar:)) make sure you have adequate amounts of sleep every night, whatever you eat make sure it's high in fibre and proteins, have plenty of water and relax.
You aren't giving your body the time it needs to recover!

Get well soon and take your time in easing in revision, don't force it, let your body recover.
:hugs:
Original post by jamestg
My timetable isn't an issue. I set myself two tasks which I can alternate between...

I thought you suggested you had lost time through illness? Never mind.
i just got hay fever and i hardly can stop sneezing but i am taking rest :h:
take rest dude so you are ready to do work whenever you feel like

Quick Reply

Latest