The Student Room Group

Resits!

Hi guys!
I'm in my last year of college and I'm studying English, music and German. I'm also moving to Berlin for a year next year. I have applied for uni for 2017. I want to completely forget about my German exam and resit it next June after I've lived there for a year... Can i do this? Then i would ensure better grades in my other two subjects
Original post by musicalsbaby97
Hi guys!
I'm in my last year of college and I'm studying English, music and German. I'm also moving to Berlin for a year next year. I have applied for uni for 2017. I want to completely forget about my German exam and resit it next June after I've lived there for a year... Can i do this? Then i would ensure better grades in my other two subjects

As far as I know you can only sit a-level exams in England so you would have to return and enter as a private candidate in a centre that will take you
I know that it will have to be in England snd my college will definitely allow me to
I know that it will have to be in England snd my college will definitely allow me to

So your college has okayed this?

It's a tricky one because universities prefer you doing a language which you aren't fluent so you aren't given a fair chance over everyone else. Living in a German spoken country and mentioning it on your personal statement might cause problems although this might not be true, it depends where you want to apply to but I know UCL likes those who studied languages that are completely foreign to people.

Quick Reply

Latest