The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eilidhr99
Has anyone got an interview at Edinburgh Napier tomorrow?

Hi, I will have mine in next week. Could you tell me, did you have to write an essay during interview? I am little confused by that. I know that there was one in last years.
Thanks
Original post by Kinak90
Hi, I will have mine in next week. Could you tell me, did you have to write an essay during interview? I am little confused by that. I know that there was one in last years.
Thanks

Hiya, no we didn't! I thought we would because they said at the open day that we would have to but there's no essay :smile: x
Original post by Niamhfinn
I had an interview for Kings College on 2nd March and they said I should hear within 3 weeks however it's been over 3 weeks now, should I contact them?

Hi,

I don't know if you've now heard from them in the last 6 days but I waited over 3 weeks for their response too. I sent them an email but they then gave me an offer in the next few days. I'm sure you'll hear back in the next few days
Original post by xxvnova
Anyone already have their entry test and interview for surrey yet? if yes then how hard was the test? and how was the interview?

I don't know if you've already had the test/interview now since you posted but I thought that the Maths and English were really easy compared to others- just simple addition, multiplication etc and I think it was only 4 or 5 out of 10 to pass then the English was a simple q e.g. describe your journey there

The interview was an MMI, 6 station for 4/5 mins each- many were scenarios or questions all related to why you want to do nursing- this was also ok if you just say what you feel
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MissDetermined
Got an offer for adult nursing at Southampton!! So happy :biggrin:

Hey,

I also got an offer there for Adult Nursing- do you think it'll be your firm or insurance choice?
Original post by HollyA95
Oh no really? :frown: least they are giving you another chance I guess, did they not give feedback on what scores so you can practise before hand? are you going to resit the day? good luck if you are!! :smile:
They gave me an offer on tuesday but so did Surrey which is my top choice so I firmed Surrey and put CCCU as my insurance :smile:

What stood out at Surrey to you? As I'm stuck between Surrey and Southampton
Hi, wondering if anyone here has been excepted into Swansea uni for child nursing this September? So far only found one other but hoping with UCAS deadline date for uni handing out offers there will be more😊
Yes, they replied to my email saying they will reply as soon as possible. So I think I'm going to wait till the end of the week and hopefully they will have responded by then. Well done on the offer by the way!
Original post by Leanne_R
Hi,

I don't know if you've now heard from them in the last 6 days but I waited over 3 weeks for their response too. I sent them an email but they then gave me an offer in the next few days. I'm sure you'll hear back in the next few days
Original post by Niamhfinn
Yes, they replied to my email saying they will reply as soon as possible. So I think I'm going to wait till the end of the week and hopefully they will have responded by then. Well done on the offer by the way!

Oh ok that's good then! Thank you :smile: and good luck, let me know
Hiya, no we didn't! I thought we would because they said at the open day that we would have to but there's no essay :smile: x

Is it just a group discussion then?
[QUOTE=Danni_Rutherford;63786667]Is it just a group discussion then?

Yeah, there's other things you do during the day but the actual interview is just the group part. I actually enjoyed the group interview a lot more than I thought I would! X
Yeah, there's other things you do during the day but the actual interview is just the group part. I actually enjoyed the group interview a lot more than I thought I would! X

Are the other things difficult?
[QUOTE=Danni_Rutherford;63787029]Are the other things difficult?

No there's just like library tour and clinical skills area tour, there's a 'individual interview' but it's not an interview, she just asks you about your qualifications and what your conditions would be if you'd get a conditional. Then while you're waiting they give you a booklet and a piece of paper and you have to look through the book and answer the questions, it's easy though haha!
No there's just like library tour and clinical skills area tour, there's a 'individual interview' but it's not an interview, she just asks you about your qualifications and what your conditions would be if you'd get a conditional. Then while you're waiting they give you a booklet and a piece of paper and you have to look through the book and answer the questions, it's easy though haha!

Okay thank you and what do you mean by conditions?
[QUOTE=Danni_Rutherford;63787177]Okay thank you and what do you mean by conditions?

Like what grades you would need to get x
Like what grades you would need to get x

Like what they expect you to get or what you have been predicted to get?
[QUOTE=Danni_Rutherford;63787489]Like what they expect you to get or what you have been predicted to get?

What grades they want you to get. Like if you don't already have the grades in their entry requirements x
What grades they want you to get. Like if you don't already have the grades in their entry requirements x

Okay thank you for all of your advice
My offer to study at King's to do PGDip Adult Nursing is now unconditional!!! I want to cry, so happy! :biggrin:
Has anyone heard from dundee about mental health nursing today? They said it should be the last day of sending offers for nursing today about 7 times now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending