The Student Room Group

[PETITION] Stop Spending So Much on Foreign Aid

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Frank Underwood
We're already allocating aid to ISIS through the right-wing hatred in Europe towards immigrants and Muslims.

:troll:
Reply 81
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Fair enough stop foreign aid. But why is it that the same right-wingers that want to stop foreign aid want to intervene military in Syria and Iraq for example, creating more casualties which would need foreign aid?

I don't support intervening in Syria.
Should be more aid tbh. Illogical petition.
Original post by NickLCFC
Do you think we should allocate some of the aid to ISIS?

How do yoy reach that conclusion Nick?

Didnt see the petition was actually started by the DM.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Josb
I don't support intervening in Syria.

Most right wingers do however, when compared with the left. It is the left who is against millitary intervention, whereas the right is for it, yet somehow thinks it can millitarily intervene and stop foreign aid.
Reply 85
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Most right wingers do however, when compared with the left. It is the left who is against millitary intervention, whereas the right is for it, yet somehow thinks it can millitarily intervene and stop foreign aid.

You have isolationists and interventionists in each political party. The war in Iraq was started by Tony Blair and some in both the Right and the Left rejected it.

Right, so I have views which oppose yours and that makes me a troll? Get lost.
Original post by m1m2
What kind of twist of words is that, I am of course not apologising for Taliban. However, leaving Afghanistan - or even being there in the first place (from The Great Game, to The Cold War, to The War on Terror), was done at a vulnerable state. The war is not over. NATO did not end the war, they weakened the country in many ways. It has no inner supremacy, and Daesh is heading into the country - that is the sign of a weak government. I am not apologising for Taliban, I am saying that NATO´s work has not been done correctly, when they still control 70 districts.

As a part of the NATO alliance in the War on terror, they have.

Your appalling grasp of grammatical English marks you out as non-indigenous and thus you should have NO SAY in how the U.K. spends its budget.
It's not the terrorists who we are helping, its the innocent people who live in a country that is undergoing perpetual warfare. These people are suffering purely by circumstance, they had no control over whether they were born in a war-torn nation or a democratic nation, and most of them probably can't leave, or can leave but have lots of people to care for who can't leave as easily.

As a leading democratic nation, we should help other countries develop to fight corruption, terrorism and natural disasters. Sending money helps greatly in this regard.
Original post by Frank Underwood
It's not the terrorists who we are helping, its the innocent people who live in a country that is undergoing perpetual warfare. These people are suffering purely by circumstance, they had no control over whether they were born in a war-torn nation or a democratic nation, and most of them probably can't leave, or can leave but have lots of people to care for who can't leave as easily.

As a leading democratic nation, we should help other countries develop to fight corruption, terrorism and natural disasters. Sending money helps greatly in this regard.

Agreed.
Original post by Craig1998
Should be more aid tbh. Illogical petition.

For me, its a matter of principle. I think people should donate to charity, but i shouldnt donate other peoples money.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
For me, its a matter of principle. I think people should donate to charity, but i shouldnt donate other peoples money.

Exactly and that is what state foreign aid is coerced charity giving

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending