The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Freshers 2016 ^^

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bheaton
anyone know what sort of events/activities we will be doing in freshers week?

Hi bheaton

You can take a look at what went on last year for Freshers' Week here :biggrin: it will give you a bit of an idea on what to expect! Keep an eye out for 2016 updates later in the year.

Hope this helps!

Amy
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by iracemasimoes
Firmed my offer for Criminology and Social Policy!!

Oh I was gonna do the same; I changed to a slightly different course recently! Congratulations!! ^^
Thanks! What course are going to do now and what accommodation are you most likely to apply for?

I wasn't so keen on the social policy part so I changed to Psychology with Criminology and I'm likely to apply to Bill Mo or Butler Court, You?
Firmed my offer for Criminology and Social Policy!!

Original post by sharonolukoga
Oh I was gonna do the same; I changed to a slightly different course recently! Congratulations!! ^^

Great news :biggrin:

Any questions just shout.

Amy
Reply 44
Anyone going to do fine art?
Reply 45
Does anyone know what happens in terms of applying for accommodation? I got the email with a link to the what's next page but it didn't work. I think I saw somewhere that you need some kind of accommodation code that they issue later on, but I'm worried I'm missing out as I know what accommodation I want to apply for and am worried people are probably choosing their accommodation right now :\
Original post by samm98
Does anyone know what happens in terms of applying for accommodation? I got the email with a link to the what's next page but it didn't work. I think I saw somewhere that you need some kind of accommodation code that they issue later on, but I'm worried I'm missing out as I know what accommodation I want to apply for and am worried people are probably choosing their accommodation right now :\

Don't be worried, from what I've been told. Upon receiving an offer, I think if you've made lboro your firm; you will be sent an email about accommodation and the end of April/beginning of May. The whole process is done online.

Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. I'm in the same boat, know exactly where I want to apply for...just waiting on that email now.
Reply 47
Don't be worried, from what I've been told. Upon receiving an offer, I think if you've made lboro your firm; you will be sent an email about accommodation and the end of April/beginning of May. The whole process is done online.

Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. I'm in the same boat, know exactly where I want to apply for...just waiting on that email now.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I ended up emailing the accommodation department in the end and they basically said everything you did that they'll email you in April and that you can start applying in May. Hope revision's going well for you, I'm struggling at the moment I have to confess!
Reply 48
Original post by samm98
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I ended up emailing the accommodation department in the end and they basically said everything you did that they'll email you in April and that you can start applying in May. Hope revision's going well for you, I'm struggling at the moment I have to confess!

Oh actually I'd forgotten that you already had your results haha, unless that was someone else?
Original post by samm98
Oh actually I'd forgotten that you already had your results haha, unless that was someone else?

No you're right, that was me. How's the revision going?
Reply 50
No you're right, that was me. How's the revision going?

Started off slowly but I've picked up a bit now which is good. Nervous as hell though I can't lie as I really want to go to Loughborough haha. Any tips on achieving the grades?
Reply 51
Hey guys, going to make loughborough as firm choice for mechanical engineering.
Original post by samm98
Started off slowly but I've picked up a bit now which is good. Nervous as hell though I can't lie as I really want to go to Loughborough haha. Any tips on achieving the grades?

For me it's about How much do you want it? In my case, I knew it Loughborough I wanted despite doing six subjects I told myself It had to make it happen.

I'd say think of it as your final push, like just give it everything over the next couple of weeks/months and you will really thank yourself when the results come in :smile:

...also stay motivated!
Original post by pranz97
Hey guys, going to make loughborough as firm choice for mechanical engineering.

Great choice :biggrin:

Any questions just ask!

Amy
Reply 54
I've firmed Loughborough for International business!!
Reply 55
Firmed Loughborough for fine art, anybody else?
Reply 56
Cayley hall is rather a social hall and smaller then most which adds to the social factor as everyone quickly settled in and gets to know each other. Your freshers week is planned so that you get to experience lots of different stuff Loughborough has to offer, from clubs and the student union to sports events and BBQs, it's 2 very busy but extremely fun weeks. I can answer most questions to do with the student village and most to do with Cayley if needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alisha.a
I've firmed Loughborough for International business!!

Original post by Art.s
Firmed Loughborough for fine art, anybody else?

Great to hear!

Let us know if you have any questions :smile:

Teresa
Original post by Laurenafenete
Firmed my offer for Physics with a foundation year, anyone else thinking about going for telford/ Falk egg?

I've firmed for foundation physics too :smile:
Original post by slindsay006
I've firmed for foundation physics too :smile:

Excellent! Happy to answer any questions you might have in the meantime :biggrin:

Teresa

Quick Reply

Latest