The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Underwood
police statement", which isn't even mentioned in this news article.

Good job.

Oh, it was. The article says:

A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a Glasgow shopkeeper was killed in what Police Scotland are treating as a "religiously prejudiced" attack. [Quoting the police directly.]

Asad Shah, 40, was found seriously injured in Minard Road, Shawlands, at about 21:05 GMT on Thursday. He died in hospital.

The incident happened hours after he apparently posted social media messages wishing his customers a happy Easter.

Police said both Mr Shah and the arrested man were Muslims. [Quoting the police indirectly, and stating the arrested man is a Moslem.]

Did you actually read it?
Original post by Good bloke
Oh, it was. The article says:

A 32-year-old man has been arrested after a Glasgow shopkeeper was killed in what Police Scotland are treating as a "religiously prejudiced" attack. [Quoting the police directly.]

Asad Shah, 40, was found seriously injured in Minard Road, Shawlands, at about 21:05 GMT on Thursday. He died in hospital.

The incident happened hours after he apparently posted social media messages wishing his customers a happy Easter.

Police said both Mr Shah and the arrested man were Muslims. [Quoting the police indirectly, and stating the arrested man is a Moslem.]

I see no statement, I just see a description that says that police are treating it as religiously prejudiced. Police treat things as suspicious, non-suspicious, racially or religiously prejudiced, terrorist or other things long before they actually establish what it was.

So you're correct in realising that you have no idea why the attack was caused, apart from an assumption - for which the basis is not known to you apart from the fact that they are both Muslims.

And please stop typing Moslems, it's not offensive but it's quite obvious that you're trying to get someone to call you out as racist or something so you can attack their argument with a hook-and-bait mechanism. Evidence of this is that thread you made where you were crying about being called out on using it.

And please stop typing Moslems, it's not offensive

Then why should he stop using the perfectly acceptable word Frank?

No he didn't read it.
I see no statement, I just see a description that says that police are treating it as religiously prejudiced.

Then look again. The article actually quotes the relevant words used by the police. There are only two, but the quote is clearly signalled. let's await the trial, eh?

And please stop typing Moslems, it's not offensive but it's quite obvious that you're trying to get someone to call you out as racist or something so you can attack their argument with a hook-and-bait mechanism. Evidence of this is that thread you made where you were crying about being called out on using it.

I have never started a thread on the subject. The apparent new thread you are probably referring to was created when a moderator moved a set of off-topic posts (starting with my reply to someone bellyaching like you) out of one thread and into a new thread. I didn't create it.

And, no, I won't be changing my spelling of the word. You will just have to accept that I always use that spelling, as I always have, and that it is perfectly legitimate in English.

As I said in the thread you mention, you'll probably be moaning that I use "gaol", "foetus" and "encyclopaedia" next.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Then why should he stop using the perfectly acceptable word Frank?

Indeed!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2662465

It seems that you're also a pathological liar, prove me wrong and convince me that this thread has nothing to do with saying "Moselsms". I beg you.

Do you never read what is said to you? I was referring to that thread in my last post.

I clearly explained in my last post that I never created that thread, as well as how and why it came about. Here is my explanation again:

I have never started a thread on the subject. The apparent new thread you are probably referring to was created when a moderator moved a set of off-topic posts (starting with my reply to someone bellyaching like you) out of one thread and into a new thread. I didn't create it.

It certainly appears that I created it to the uninitiated but I'd have thought that my explanation coupled with the quote of another user in its OP would serve to demonstrate that what occurred.
Do you never read what is said to you? I was referring to that thread in my last post.

I clearly explained in my last post that I never created that thread, as well as how and why it came about. Here is my explanation again:

It certainly appears that I created it to the uninitiated but I'd have thought that my explanation coupled with the quote of another user in its OP would serve to demonstrate that what occurred.

You're the only person I've seen posting "Moslems" on this website, so whether or not you created the thread, your actions caused it to be posted, and you were sitting quietly in the forum waiting for something like it to be posted so that you could subsequently attack them.

It doesn't make your spamming of "Moselms" any less of a means to attack people who realise that Islam has move on.
(edited 8 years ago)
You're the only person I've seen posting "Moslems" on this website, so whether or not you created the thread, your actions caused it to be posted, and you were sitting quietly in the forum waiting for something like it to be posted so that you could subsequently attack them.

It doesn't make your spamming of "Moselms" any less of a means to attack people who realise that Islam has move on.

Don't be a clown. This digression onto the validity of my spelling is a completely nonsensical and specious complaint that crops up pretty well every fortnight or so (and, now, twice today). I certainly don't want to be discussing it.

Your accusation that my spelling is, somehow, any attempt to attack people is ridiculous.

You contention that Islam has moved on, unsupported by the scriptures and views of Moslems is utterly wrong, of course. Many or even most Moslems may have moved on (though not far enough as they will not, for example, criticise the nasty parts of the Koran) but they are not the ideology itself which, given what the Koran says, is utterly impossible to change.
Don't be a clown. This digression onto the validity of my spelling is a completely nonsensical and specious complaint that crops up pretty well every fortnight or so (and, now, twice today). I certainly don't want to be discussing it.

Your accusation that my spelling is, somehow, any attempt to attack people is ridiculous.

You contention that Islam has moved on, unsupported by the scriptures and views of Moslems is utterly wrong, of course. Many or even most Moslems may have moved on (though not far enough as they will not, for example, criticise the nasty parts of the Koran) but they are not the ideology itself which, given what the Koran says, is utterly impossible to change.

Islam has moved on, its just a shame the few who have qualities reminiscent of early Islam are allowing people like you to be brainwashed into fearing Islam.
Original post by admonit
Well, let's see.

"Calling Islamic extremism a disease, Saudi Arabia has announced the formation of a coalition of 34 largely Muslim nations to fight terrorism."
And what this formidable Muslim coalition has been done until now? Bombed civilians in Yemen. That's all.

"A top Islamic State operative of the group suspected of bombing the Russian jet over Egypt has been killed by police in Cairo."
Great. One killed.

"Turkey carries out first air strikes as part of anti-Isis US coalition"
And possibly the last. Turkey prefers to bomb Kurds.

"Isis: Ten Arab Nations Join US-Led Coalition against Islamic State"
It ended by several Jordanian airstrikes near Jordanian border.

That's all what 1.5 billion Muslims was able to do?

That's a fine display of ignorance you're showing there. How about you realise that the majority of Muslim nations are dying in debts and in poverty? Also, Egypt didn't just kill 1, Egypt has been fighting the Islamic State and all the similar groups since the 1970s.
Here's another one:
http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/02/16/64-isis-members-killed-as-egypt-launches-first-foreign-strikes-in-24-years/

Don't lump all Islamic nations together. Don't be a simplistic simpleton. I don't know what Indonesia has done or what Malaysia has done, but I very well know the Middle East is fighting it's arse off trying to fend ISIS.

Btw, do you lack the necessary wits to realise that if the Iraqi armi and the Syrian army haven't been fighting and warring it's ****ing arse off, ISIS would have had control of the whole region now?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Oilfreak1
England is a christian majority secular country. All religions should be taught or religion shouldn't be taught in schools at all.

I Disagree with that Sentiment- apart from foreigners and do-gooders english are proud to be english and islamic values belong nowhere in england
Original post by Donald J Trump
I Disagree with that Sentiment- apart from foreigners and do-gooders english are proud to be english and islamic values belong nowhere in england

And you speak for all of us? Lol
And you speak for all of us? Lol

I speak for most people I know- if they had a account on here they would vouch for me
Can't wait for the civil war to brew and The Islamic state in Europe will be eradicated the way the ottoman empire was.
The problem goes past ISIS and goes to Islam itself. Islam hasn't fully modernised yet to meet the 21st century. Other religions were more violent or equally violent but in Islam its still seen as acceptable to whip women for doing things considered normal in the Western world and have some sort of weird ownership over women like the husband who put up a blanket over a divider in a restaurant to stop other men from seeing his wife. Then there are those people who whip their backs with knives for their religion which is just strange and dangerous. Then there are people who are convinced their God is telling them to blow up all other non-Muslims.

These extreme people may be in the minority. However majorities do not matter as it only takes the minority to destroy something (9/11 took 17 Muslims to bring the USA to its knees). Islam has a problem whereby people in Islamic communities in the Western world and outside of the Western world are too literal when interpreting readings and Muslims across the world are refusing to stand up to any extremism brewing in their communities. No wonder there are all these problems when people are being allowed to grow up seeing things the way they do and parents not bothering to teach their children to be normal.

This is a perfect example of Islam not fully modernising yet. Name me another religion where people do this to themselves on a large scale?

Love twitter :biggrin:
Then look again. The article actually quotes the relevant words used by the police. There are only two, but the quote is clearly signalled. let's await the trial, eh?

And, no, I won't be changing my spelling of the word. You will just have to accept that I always use that spelling, as I always have, and that it is perfectly legitimate in English.

As I said in the thread you mention, you'll probably be moaning that I use "gaol", "foetus" and "encyclopaedia" next.

in.......sigh........clo......pee..........dee........a.

What is this gibberish, stop making up words or I'm calling the police.

encyclopedia, fetus are in fact errors/misspelt, their construction is taken from misunderstandings/readings of Latin.

Recognized spellings of the words but still, wrong is wrong.

"According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the spelling with the ae or æ is "pseudo-Greek" and "an erroneous form (said to be a false reading) occurring in MSS."

"FETUS (and FETAL) are of Latin origin, coming from the verb 'fere' (to conceive). The incorrect spelling that includes the 'o' apparently comes from the old misconception that it came from the verb 'foetare'(give birth)."

Not sure what a 'gaol' is, but the almighty and all-knowing spell checker on my laptop doesn't recognize it, therefor it does not exist.

Grammar Man awaaaayyy! 'whoosh'.
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

/rant over :getmecoat:

you cant mention ISIS in isolation, islamic state is one and latest of perhaps hundreds of nasty islamist organisations over the years. and no, the islamic world has done next to nothing to stop their rise - islamsits hold positions of power and influence throughout and your average muslim accepts this status quo without much protest.

compare that with the protest muslims from all over the globe make toward a conflict in a tiny part of of the middle east ( ie jerusalem) purely becuase of islamic reasoning
Original post by Reformed
you cant mention ISIS in isolation, islamic state is one and latest of perhaps hundreds of nasty islamist organisations over the years. and no, the islamic world has done next to nothing to stop their rise - islamsits hold positions of power and influence throughout and your average muslim accepts this status quo without much protest.

compare that with the protest muslims from all over the globe make toward a conflict in a tiny part of of the middle east ( ie jerusalem) purely becuase of islamic reasoning

"The Islamic world has done next to nothing to stop their rise"

What ignorant BS. I mean, Muslims are only dying fighting them in Syria. -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending