The Student Room Group

How come this girl took height to be such a big issue?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This happened quite a few months back. We live in different cities so we didn't get to meet up in the end. A girl that I met online was talking to me for quite a few months. She first started conversation and initiated contact every time, sometimes multiple times in one day. I thought she was alright(a bit needy), but I wasn't interested in anything relationship wise as I am already interested in someone else.

It was only a few months in and then she randomly asked me what height I am(I'm quite a short guy). She didn't tell me hers, but after that day, she stopped initiating contact with me. In a way, she was messaging too much so I felt it was kind of a good thing, but also it was quite disappointing as we were supposed to meet up and I could see her as a good friend.

dude, honestly if she stopped talking to u after you told her ur height, she's obviously insecure about something because once you've talked to someone for that long and if you're meeting just as friends, height shouldnt even matter.

But having said that, to an extent yeah wanting tall guys is shallow. But how many of you guys would date a girl heavier or taller than you? it goes both ways. Guys care a lot about a woman's height and weight too. They want a girl who's shorter and wayy lighter than them (generally)
She doesn't want to date you,you don't want to date her... Sounds like things worked out in the end or nah?
Original post by phunky_fresh
She doesn't want to date you,you don't want to date her... Sounds like things worked out in the end or nah?

Yes true in that aspect, but it doesn't mean that we can't be friends.

And like I said, this thread has raised concerns about the girl I want to ask.
Original post by georgiaswift
So you're saying it's bad advice to date someone who likes you as you are? What I said is that if she won't date you because you're short, then she isn't worth your time anyway. What about that is incorrect?

But I don't think that's correct, since using that logic, most girls "aren't worth anyone's time", which isn't true. Most girls wouldn't date a shorter guy - that isn't "wrong" as such, as people can't help what they are attracted to.

People don't date someone they aren't attracted to... I don't think there's anything wrong with that tbh. I mean, if you aren't attracted facially to someone, you wouldn't date them. So if a girl doesn't like a guy's height, that's a legitimate reason for them not to date.
Original post by Anonymous
But I don't think that's correct, since using that logic, most girls "aren't worth anyone's time", which isn't true. Most girls wouldn't date a shorter guy - that isn't "wrong" as such, as people can't help what they are attracted to.

People don't date someone they aren't attracted to... I don't think there's anything wrong with that tbh. I mean, if you aren't attracted facially to someone, you wouldn't date them. So if a girl doesn't like a guy's height, that's a legitimate reason for them not to date.

... Exactly my point? If she's not attracted to you, then move on as she's not worth getting hung up on if it's never going to happen.
I don't like to date tall girls but I've dated a few who were a couple of inches taller than me without problem. I wouldn't get bent out of shape if a girl considerably taller didn't want to date me though.

If she was shorter than me and said I was too short though I'd probably retort with something about her weight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending