The Student Room Group

Terrorist gets just 90 days in prison after posting pictures of a bomb online

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
Will they give me a badge?

Ignore him, he's a troll.
Reply 41
Original post by Dodgypirate
Oh so you don't deny Islamic terrorists are muslim then?

Fantastic step forward!

I've never denied it.

Haven't really moved anywhere then...
Reply 42
Seems my thread got destroyed by those who only want to discuss Trump. This should be about this pathetic number of days this man got in prison, so can we go back onto the topic please.
Reply 43
Original post by Craig1998
Seems my thread got destroyed by those who only want to discuss Trump. This should be about this pathetic number of days this man got in prison, so can we go back onto the topic please.

Sorry your thread didn't get as much attention as the others. People just aren't interested when a non Muslim does this kind of stuff. It's more interesting when it happens to a Muslim as it gives users the chance to attack Islam and Muslims.
That's why most of the regular users on the N&C Affairs section have remained silent.
That is like saying if someone is going to shoot you, you shouldn't ask a passerby for help just get shot and let the police find him.

Not at all, these protesters aren't threatening to shoot anyone - they just want to disrupt things.
Original post by AlmightyJesus
what else are they going to use? 1 for the other's protection and 2 for the retribution. does a person deserve compassion if they're throwing things at another person? don't make me laugh. if you're throwing tomatoes at a person who doesn't deserve violence, then you definitely deserve violence towards yourself, for retribution and defence (when necessary)

The protesters should be arrested, but in a situation where people want to fight one another, more violence occurs - it shows to the protestors that they can get under Trump's supporters' skin, and will encourage them to do it again. Retaliating is exactly what these protestors want, and giving them the reaction they want is going to cause further protests.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-supporter-bomb-maker-sentenced-90-days-threats-kill-muslims-a6953896.html

Not focusing on how this person supports Donald Trump (what do you expect), but if this was a person planning to plant explosives for IS, or supporting them, they'd be given much longer sentences. For example, my friend showed me this news report a few days ago of a terrorist group that planned to bomb malls around the United Arab Emirates who were all given life sentences, despite not having executed the acts and having weaponry (just like this man).

All this man got was 90 days in prison and anger management classes. I'm not saying terrorists like the linked one should get lesser sentences, I'm saying there should be consistency worldwide in a time where terrorism is so prevalent.

I think you've confused yourself

He made threats this is different to actually having a Plan to bomb a mosque or planning to kill Muslims (there is a similar case in the UK I believe but lets not forget our legal systems are not comparable)

I've never been a fan of the plea bargain system but in America their laws are different so it's not unusual for the state to accept a guilty plea for a lesser crime rather than face the risk of going to court over a higher charge and losing

But lone wolf idiots will always exist and can't see how it's wrong to deal with them in this way.
Original post by Oliver_94
You have been added to the Islamophobic list just so you know. It is on part for most of your previous posts (and threads) insulting Muslims and Islam. Also defending trump is Islamophobic

hahahahah trolololololol
Reply 48
Original post by Frank Underwood
Not at all, these protesters aren't threatening to shoot anyone - they just want to disrupt things.

And he didn't say beat the crap out of every protester just the ones who were going to attack him with tomatoes.
And he didn't say beat the crap out of every protester just the ones who were going to attack him with tomatoes.

This is proof that no matter how solid my source is, you will always try to wriggle out of the mess in which you entrap yourself.

Trump incited violence in this statement, PERIOD.
Reply 50
USA is a joke what do you expect
The protesters should be arrested, but in a situation where people want to fight one another, more violence occurs - it shows to the protestors that they can get under Trump's supporters' skin, and will encourage them to do it again. Retaliating is exactly what these protestors want, and giving them the reaction they want is going to cause further protests.

so they should be arrested while in the mean time being effectively allowed to do as they please...you seem to making very generous allowances to violent criminals
so they should be arrested while in the mean time being effectively allowed to do as they please...you seem to making very generous allowances to violent criminals

Violent criminals? They're just protesting, it's not like they're threatening to stab / kill Trump supporters.

If a politician is capable of warranting such disruptive protests, then there is obviously something flawed, in the eyes of the protestors, about this politician.

It's democracy, get used to it. Other countries today would have them executed and their families arrested.
Reply 53
This is proof that no matter how solid my source is, you will always try to wriggle out of the mess in which you entrap yourself.

Trump incited violence in this statement, PERIOD.

So he should let people assault him
Why are you supporting people who plan on committing crime?
Should the person in the article be allowed to commit the crime then just let the police sort it out?
Violent criminals? They're just protesting, it's not like they're threatening to stab / kill Trump supporters.

If a politician is capable of warranting such disruptive protests, then there is obviously something flawed, in the eyes of the protestors, about this politician.

It's democracy, get used to it. Other countries today would have them executed and their families arrested.

so it seems you're now ignoring the fact that they're still using violence to protest here. wow.
so it seems you're now ignoring the fact that they're still using violence to protest here. wow.

I could write an essay on all of the fact ignoring you've done on this thread alone.
I could write an essay on all of the fact ignoring you've done on this thread alone.

like what?
like what?

you're a troll and you know what you've been doing
you're a troll and you know what you've been doing

you said I ignored you - when did I ever ****ing ignore you? answer my question if you're being serious
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-supporter-bomb-maker-sentenced-90-days-threats-kill-muslims-a6953896.html

Not focusing on how this person supports Donald Trump (what do you expect), but if this was a person planning to plant explosives for IS, or supporting them, they'd be given much longer sentences. For example, my friend showed me this news report a few days ago of a terrorist group that planned to bomb malls around the United Arab Emirates who were all given life sentences, despite not having executed the acts and having weaponry (just like this man).

All this man got was 90 days in prison and anger management classes. I'm not saying terrorists like the linked one should get lesser sentences, I'm saying there should be consistency worldwide in a time where terrorism is so prevalent.

I agree if these acts were committed in the US there would be public outrage and backlash on the Muslim community, the men would be in gitmo without trial and Muslims would be expected to apologize/condemn these acts.

But we also have to remember that these acts took place in two different countries, UAE are alot more aggressive than the USA in their punishment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending