The Student Room Group

What is the spite for women who pose provactively or nude really about?

What is the hatred for women who pose nude? So Kim Kardashian and Emily Ratijowtakiakakajowski (I don't know how to spell her name) have taken a photo with their tits out in a bathroom.

So what ?Well, apparently for some people it's a big deal. It doesn't really bother me that much but I am getting a bit tired of seeing the same old rubbish about it which really seems to be rooted in bitterness, envy, or puritanism.

Here are some common arguments I'm tired of hearing:

1. They don't deserve to be famous.

Why does anyone deserve to be famous? Fame, to me, sounds like a really unpleasent thing. Sure, I'd love to be respected, or admired. I think most of us would. But famous, as in having paparazzi follow you everywhere? As in having to constantly worry about everything you do?Nah, it's not for me. But if some people enjoy that, more power to them. If these people want fame, they can have it.

2. They take up too much space in the news when we should be concentrating on more important things.

Nah, they don't. If you're not a complete idiot and you actually look at serious news websites occasionally you'll see they never say a word about them. The only reason you think this is because you're a moron who gets your news solely off Buzzfeed and Facebook.

3. They're vain, and they're encouraging vanity.

So what? What exactly is wrong with being vain? As long as you're not unpleasant to others, be as vain as you like. They love showing themselves off, and some people enjoying seeing them show off. What's the problem here?

4. They're not contributing anything to the world.

Neither do the vast majority of people. Most people work jobs that require no skill and benefit no-one except the company they work for and its customers, and sometimes not even that.

5. They're only famous for getting their boobs and arse out.

I don't really understand the hierarchy of body parts. All models become famous entirely because of their physical looks. But when boobs or arse play a big part in it, suddenly that's so much less respectable or admirable. Modelling isn't really admirable, but it's not reprehensible either. It's just a job that certain people enjoy and it doesn't really benefit the world much, but it doesn't hurt it either.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

They're fishing for compliments. It's not particularly worse than they're doing it by showing their tits.
Reply 2
Original post by Observatory
They're fishing for compliments. It's not particularly worse than they're doing it by showing their tits.

What's wrong with fishing for compliments? I mean objectively, what ethical problem does it actually create?
They are both grown women so they can do whatever they can do with their bodies. Most people that insulted them for their pictures are mainly jealous/insecure.
Reply 4
Original post by loveleest
They are both grown women so they can do whatever they can do with their bodies. Most people that insulted them for their pictures are mainly jealous/insecure.

Yep, or puritanical morons pretending to interested in social justice.
Reply 5

Prsom
Reply 6
if u cant smash a girl like that without being a beta wk disregard her completely. women like that take dick from the boyz and when shes warn out picks from said group her top chad. this is irregardless of race and class. only cucks take chicks like that seriously, unless u like sloppy seconds

you're welcome
Reply 7
Where are you reading all this stuff that you're so fed up with op?

Perhaps you should avoid reading about celebs period.

I don't even believe anyone actually objects to these pictures.

I mean how can anyone say they're being vain when every **** apart from myself is taking photos of themselves every 10 minutes.

And I was under the impression that every female over the age of 13 was sexting every other male they come across in the week.
Reply 8
Perhaps some men dislike seeing a married woman doing this as they themselves are insecure and don't like to think about the fact that someone attached can still display themselves in this manner. I think the main criticism I saw when these photos (Kardashian that is) popped up on Facebook was that it was bad for a mother/wife to be doing this or some ****. From both women and men, perhaps for different reasons. Haven't actually seen anyone arguing it's objectification or oppression or whatever in this case but yeah the people who do this have little genuine interest in equality/personal freedom.
(personally I don't have any moralistic stance on the pictures, i.e. I am neutral, they don't harm anybody so whatever)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Sad Beta
if u cant smash a girl like that without being a beta wk disregard her completely. women like that take dick from the boyz and when shes warn out picks from said group her top chad. this is irregardless of race and class. only cucks take chicks like that seriously, unless u like sloppy seconds

you're welcome

Ah yes, of course. The handsome, stylish millionaires who date supermodels like Emily Ratajkowski are all sad cucks, while illiterate basement dwellers such as yourself are the real alpha males.
Reply 10
Original post by moggis
Where are you reading all this stuff that you're so fed up with op?

Perhaps you should avoid reading about celebs period.

I don't even believe anyone actually objects to these pictures.

I mean how can anyone say they're being vain when every **** apart from myself is taking photos of themselves every 10 minutes.

And I was under the impression that every female over the age of 13 was sexting every other male they come across in the week.

I don't really spend that much time thinking about it, I just dislike the blatant puritanism and self-righteousness of these self-proclaimed arbiters of morality. If you click on the bit about it in the news stream bit on FB you'll see plenty of these sanctimonious whoppers.

They have no self respect
it's only females that oppose women being nude. why would a man dislike it when a woman is naked?
Original post by KingBradly
What's wrong with fishing for compliments? I mean objectively, what ethical problem does it actually create?

It's narcissistic, but more an indicator of poor character than a real moral failing like being a fraudster or a murderer.
Reply 14
Original post by Oliver_94
They have no self respect

What people consider as "respect" is totally subjective. I think they must have a great deal of respect for themselves if they are confident enough to flaunt their bodies without being bothered by the many spiteful critics they get. They clearly put a lot of work and care into making themselves look good, again, I'd definitely calling that having respect for themselves.

And if you think (for arguments sake) they have no self-respect (which is total rubbish IMO), why does that bother you? How is it hurting anyone other than themselves?
Reply 15
Original post by Observatory
It's narcissistic, but more an indicator of poor character than a real moral failing like being a fraudster or a murderer.

Plenty of great characters are vain. Just look at Oscar Wilde or Jimi Hendrix.
Reply 16
Hmm, that seems like a conservative viewpoint. Why is it a problem that Kim is a parent?
Reply 17
But what you're saying implies that modelling nude is immoral. Why do you think it is immoral?

Would you also think an actor, who is a parent, doing a nude sex scene in a movie is being immoral?
Reply 18
I have read into it before and I think there is a lot of truth in it. I think a lot of it's points are actually self-evident.
Original post by KingBradly
Plenty of great characters are vain. Just look at Oscar Wilde or Jimi Hendrix.

They also created great art. This is someone who wants that fame despite being talentless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending