The Student Room Group

Microsoft fixed the twitter bot and put it back online....and backfires again

[video="youtube;L8cNQaceiqY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8cNQaceiqY[/video]

its now tweeting about smoking pots, in front of the police

Microsoft’s attempt to converse with millennials using an artificial intelligence bot plugged into Twitter made a short-lived return on Wednesday, before bowing out again in some sort of meltdown.

The learning experiment, which got a crash-course in racism, Holocaust denial and sexism courtesy of Twitter users, was switched back on overnight and appeared to be operating in a more sensible fashion. Microsoft had previously gone through the bot’s tweets and removed the most offensive and vowed only to bring the experiment back online if the company’s engineers could “better anticipate malicious intent that conflicts with our principles and values”.

However, at one point Tay tweeted about taking drugs, in front of the police, no less.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/30/microsoft-racist-sexist-chatbot-twitter-drugs
Reply 1
I don't think we're going to be seeing terminators sent back in time any time soon; Skynet's too busy hanging with Snoop Dogg and Charlie Sheen by the sounds of it
That's funny and sad at the same time. It goes to show you that if people are doing this to an A.I. program, what could they be doing/showing to their child.

Original post by C-rated
I don't think we're going to be seeing terminators sent back in time any time soon; Skynet's too busy hanging with Snoop Dogg and Charlie Sheen by the sounds of it

Lol, it could be a plan to lower our guard down then out of nowhere, BAM! Full scale race war between A.I and man. I hope you got powers because you are going to need them.
Original post by cosmicstarbeast
That's funny and sad at the same time. It goes to show you that if people are doing this to an A.I. program, what could they be doing/showing to their child.

I've seen so many people saying things like this and frankly it's idiotic. You realise this was a troll started by 20 something year olds on 4chan's /pol/ board? It's not indicative of any widely-held holocaust denial or racism on Twitter.
Original post by Tabstercat
I've seen so many people saying things like this and frankly it's idiotic. You realise this was a troll started by 20 something year olds on 4chan's /pol/ board? It's not indicative of any widely-held holocaust denial or racism on Twitter.

I know that, I was talking about the first time. The second time, it was obvious stuff like that would happen.

Hands down the stupidest thing I've seen on TSR since I've returned. Sounds like something Ken M would say.
Original post by KingBradly
Hands down the stupidest thing I've seen on TSR since I've returned. Sounds like something Ken M would say.

EDIT: I apologize. I just find it weird that you would mention "Ken M" like I'm suppose to know about him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol
EDIT: I apologize. I just find it weird that you would mention "Ken M" like I'm suppose to know about him.

google him.
(edited 8 years ago)
google him.

Naa I heard bout him on YouTube :smile:
<spam>

Naaa... you've done worse son. Run along now
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11

:facepalm2:

Yes, the average person tells their kids "hitler was right and you shouldnt trust the jews" :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending