The Student Room Group

Don't really get "horny"

I'm 20 now and still don't really have a huge sex drive, especially when compared to fellow people my age. I've gone through puberty and all that, and find women attractive, but I never really get horny. When I go out at university I'm capable of getting girls but it just doesn't really interest me that much, it's just sort of going though the motions so to speak. I prefer emotional connection. The same with masturbation, I only do it because it feels good, not because my hormones get me going.

Can this be the result of low testosterone in the body, should I consult a doctor? Or is this perfectly normal?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 20 now and still don't really have a huge sex drive, especially when compared to fellow people my age. I've gone through puberty and all that, and find women attractive, but I never really get horny. When I go out at university I'm capable of getting girls but it just doesn't really interest me that much, it's just sort of going though the motions so to speak. I prefer emotional connection. The same with masturbation, I only do it because it feels good, not because my hormones get me going.

Can this be the result of low testosterone in the body, should I consult a doctor? Or is this perfectly normal?

In a way you are very lucky.
Not sure if that is normal, I am the exact opposite particularly in the summer.

I mean you just don't have a huge sex drive as you said
if you wanna see a dr to ask how to boost your libido do so
if you're edging towards being gay or asexual ok, good luck coming out I guess
Reply 3
Original post by M14B

Meh, doesn't feel that way. Each have their pros and cons I imagine.

Original post by heartlessbeast
I mean you just don't have a huge sex drive as you said
if you wanna see a dr to ask how to boost your libido do so
if you're edging towards being gay or asexual ok, good luck coming out I guess

Haha, I'm not gay or asexual. I find women attractive, it's just that my initial thoughts aren't "I'd stick it in you."
I was going to mention low testosterone levels before I even saw you mentioned the possibility. So I would definitely recommend getting some blood tests.

Low test levels in men can lead to both mental and physical problems such as depression.

I've personally experienced low test after coming off a cycle and it sucks. Luckily I was aware it could happen and so easily coped with it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Haha, I'm not gay or asexual. I find women attractive, it's just that my initial thoughts aren't "I'd stick it in you."

What are your initial thoughts

Ive got a friend who sounds just like you. Hes always said he does find women attractive but his first instinct isnt sex. Weve kind of come to the conclusion its 'normal" for him. Normal is a relative term, one persons normal is different from anothers. As long as youre happy in yourself i guess there isnt a problem :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by heartlessbeast
What are your initial thoughts

It's more I think what it would be like to spend time with them, take them out on a date etc. What life would be like with them

Original post by speckypisces
Ive got a friend who sounds just like you. Hes always said he does find women attractive but his first instinct isnt sex. Weve kind of come to the conclusion its 'normal" for him. Normal is a relative term, one persons normal is different from anothers. As long as youre happy in yourself i guess there isnt a problem :smile:

Yeah, true I guess. I just hope that it doesn't become detrimental in my future relationships. Also, if it is a result of Low T, I should be more or less at my peak, and if it goes downhill from here on in how is it going to be when I'm 40 and so on.
Original post by M14B

It's the same for me, someone explain this

In the winter it's a strain but it's bearable, in the summertime, I could paint my bedroom walls white without actually buying any paint.
I think it's to do with virginity more than anything. Are you a virgin OP? Otherwise I don't know, it must be your hormones.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
I think it's to do with virginity more than anything. Are you a virgin OP? Otherwise I don't know, it must be your hormones.

Why is that a factor? If anything being virgin should swing those hormones around more.

People are different is suppose. Just takes you more to feel horny and up for it. No pun intended :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kashmir Skirt
It's the same for me, someone explain this

In the winter it's a strain but it's bearable, in the summertime, I could paint my bedroom walls white without actually buying any paint.

Could it be that women, assuming that's who you're into, are a lot less clothed and naturally the thoughts come to mind. Dunno.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Could it be that women, assuming that's who you're into, are a lot less clothed and naturally the thoughts come to mind. Dunno.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, even when I'm at home it's the same.

Maybe humans have a natural mating season even if it's not as rigid as some mammals.
Original post by qwerty_mad
Why is that a factor? If anything being virgin should swing those hormones around more.

People are different is suppose. Just takes you more to feel horny and up for it. No pun intended :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would never have called myself horny when I was a virgin. It was more that I was aroused. I wouldn't call it horny because I had no desire to penetrate anything, but after having sex a few times I began to desire that.

Quick Reply

Latest