The Student Room Group

The straight and narrow path to 12A*'s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Username3097486
You know for triple science we do the same as double and an extra unit

I know :smile: I am just saying that unit 2 is harder than unit 3 :smile:
Unit 3 is much easier :smile:
Original post by Sage25
If I was in that situation, I would try and finish off my other subject notes first and start past papers. Then, when going back to school, I would get some tutoring or just lessons from your science teacher. If you have some decent revision on every other subject, then you can dedicate more of your time learning the sciences and really understanding them which will put you in good stead for exams. :smile:

Thanks a lot for replying back and giving me advice. I feel less worried about it now. :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 242
Original post by AlexisSanchez2
Thanks a lot really appreciate it.

No problem. :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Yeah, I thought you knew already? :biggrin:

Lol I did but i thought you were making your own notes and revising at the same time. I didn't know you were writing everything down. I am also looking at the specification for aqa Science but i just keep it on my ipad or computer so then i can check it out when revising.Also i highlight the things i need to know on my text book :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
I know :smile: I am just saying that unit 2 is harder than unit 3 :smile:
Unit 3 is much easier :smile:

yes that's true
Reply 245
Lol I did but i thought you were making your own notes and revising at the same time. I didn't know you were writing everything down. I am also looking at the specification for aqa Science but i just keep it on my ipad or computer so then i can check it out when revising.Also i highlight the things i need to know on my text book :smile:

Oh right haha

I just write it down so it is more accessible for me and it helps because it's colour-coded. :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Oh right haha

I just write it down so it is more accessible for me and it helps because it's colour-coded. :smile:

:smile: Oh yeh i saw your post , really like your handwriting :smile: Some people print it out as well but there is like tonnes and tonnes of pages :smile:
How long does it take you?
yes that's true

:smile: I guess it's because it's shorter and easier to understand. How's your revision?
:smile: I guess it's because it's shorter and easier to understand. How's your revision?

could have been better if i didnt choose history. takes up so much time honestly
Reply 249
Original post by Sage25
Oh right haha

Do you literally just copy down notes and then memorise them? :biggrin: I also use this method of note taking but have been criticised by others who say it is not proven to be as effective as other methods. Nevertheless, it works for me :smile:
Reply 250
:smile: Oh yeh i saw your post , really like your handwriting :smile: Some people print it out as well but there is like tonnes and tonnes of pages :smile:
How long does it take you?

Depends on the subject. The sciences have been a real pain so far. Still on Chemistry and Biology took me near enough two days.

But subjects like Business don't take too long for me to do (just over a day). :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Depends on the subject. The sciences have been a real pain so far. Still on Chemistry and Biology took me near enough two days.

But subjects like Business don't take too long for me to do (just over a day). :smile:

Yep the sciences are really long :smile: How long would you revise for science?
Reply 252
Original post by davist
Do you literally just copy down notes and then memorise them? :biggrin: I also use this method of note taking but have been criticised by others who say it is not proven to be as effective as other methods. Nevertheless, it works for me :smile:

Well, considering it's been covered in class before, I already understand them so a lot of the time it is just memorising them and refreshing my memory. It's working well so far haha

As long as it works for you, nobody else's opinion really matters haha :smile:
could have been better if i didnt choose history. takes up so much time honestly

A lot of people say that you've got to memorise quite a lot. Bless :smile:
I do geography so it's not that bad :smile:
Reply 254
Yep the sciences are really long :smile: How long would you revise for science?

Once I really understand the whole of the spec and then have done all the past papers available. Not sure how long that will take exactly. About 6 days for writing down the spec, then about 3 or 4 days to memorise the spec and finally doing a couple of past papers a day. Considering there are about 10 for each science, it will take roughly 2 weeks.

So in total, just over 3 weeks of solid revision. Then of course, close to the exam look over the spec again and retry some past papers

EDIT: I won't be doing the sciences in one big block. I'll be splitting each subject and doing one subject at a time
(edited 8 years ago)
You've already got an A-level-standard revision mindset, keep up the good work!! :biggrin:
Original post by Sage25
Once I really understand the whole of the spec and then have done all the past papers available. Not sure how long that will take exactly. About 6 days for writing down the spec, then about 3 or 4 days to memorise the spec and finally doing a couple of past papers a day. Considering there are about 10 for each science, it will take roughly 2 weeks.

So in total, just over 3 weeks of solid revision. Then of course, close to the exam look over the spec again and retry some past papers

EDIT: I won't be doing the sciences in one big block. I'll be splitting each subject and doing one subject at a time

Hey if you have time take a look at my thread because it wasn't famous i kind off don't use it but have a look :smile: Thanks mate

Great :smile: Hopefully you'd get through everything :smile:
Reply 257
Original post by Laurasaur
You've already got an A-level-standard revision mindset, keep up the good work!! :biggrin:

Thank you! Means a lot coming from a UCL Neuroscientist. :biggrin:
Reply 258
Hey if you have time take a look at my thread because it wasn't famous i kind off don't use it but have a look :smile: Thanks mate

Great :smile: Hopefully you'd get through everything :smile:

What is the thread called?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Sage25
What is the thread called?

Thanks! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631

Revision for GCSE Thread :smile: OR CLICK ABOVE

Quick Reply

Latest