The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Those who've had their interview, what was the attendance like? Did you have a full group or a few no shows?
I've got here early and in the cafe. If anyone else is around and would like to join me, I'm sitting near the back 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
All the best with your interview Shass, let us know how it goes.

I can't remember exactly how many were present, either 7 or 8 at my interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 163
Original post by hbg
Hi guys, so for those who've had their interviews (without breaking the confidentiality agreement!) how did it go?

I felt positive at the end aside from 1 or 2 tricky stations but since then I've been haunted by my answers!

Initially I felt one went very well, and the rest went OK. I don't like thinking about it too much as I can think of so much I should've talked about instead for the other 7 stations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hbg
All the best with your interview Shass, let us know how it goes.

I can't remember exactly how many were present, either 7 or 8 at my interview.

Thank you. 😊. Will let you know how it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Good luck guys! Just try to remain as calm and focused as possible and treat each new station like its a brand new interview with a clean slate (as it is!). Nottingham are normally pretty quick with replying after the last interviews are done. About 3-4 weeks later. All offers and waiting list is by post. Rejections and waiting list get letters first followed by those with offers. That's how it worked last week anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was much much nicer and friendlier than St Georges.
Reply 167
Original post by Ethereal Consort
I thought it was much much nicer and friendlier than St Georges.

Everyone in my year moans about St George's!
Original post by shassasing
I'm afraid I don't have any secret sites other than the ones that come up in an internet search - the ISC one I believe has lots of questions on its website.

Hope your prep is going well. Good luck for your interview.

Thanks shassasing, I'll have a look on there for some more examples :smile:
They were friendly, though it was a bit of shame that it's the holidays so I'm not sure I got a real feel for the place - but I guess that is why they have an applicant day later on.

I have mixed feelings as to how I did personally. As mentioned by others, there are some areas I feel better about than others.

Good luck to everyone who still has their interviews. :smile: :smile:
So, that was that! It was pretty well organised and not too stressful at all, good luck to everyone to come!
Reply 171
Considering that Nottingham use our GAMSAT scores to rank us after putting us into the groups, what are people's scores? Trying to work out how likely I'll get an offer :/
Have an interview at Notts next week. Unsure what to wear. Felt I underdressed for Liverpool-skirt, black jumper.
What did others wear?
Thanks
Reply 173
Original post by TedPee
Considering that Nottingham use our GAMSAT scores to rank us after putting us into the groups, what are people's scores? Trying to work out how likely I'll get an offer :/

I have a 63 so I imagine I'm not too high up the list...
Original post by TedPee

Oh really? So they use gamsat scores after interview?
Original post by lattedrinker
Have an interview at Notts next week. Unsure what to wear. Felt I underdressed for Liverpool-skirt, black jumper.
What did others wear?
Thanks

I wore a suit to my interview, but that was because it required the least amount of thinking to put together. You have to be comfortable in whatever you wear and it has to look professional. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Sophia08
Oh really? So they use gamsat scores after interview?

I'm pretty sure that they only use GAMSAT scores to decide between 2+ candidates who are very close in terms of interview performance and weren't necessarily the best in the interview, i.e. you can have a great interview with the minimum GAMSAT score and get a place, but then if you and someone else didn't do so well in the interview and you happened to have the higher GAMSAT score, then they would choose you preferentially. So basically ace the interview and you're safe, it's just the sort of middle-range people where GAMSAT score becomes important again (which is why I'm hoping to ace my interview next week as I only have a GAMSAT of 60!).

That's my understanding anyway. Having said that, I haven't yet been interviewed so perhaps the information you're provided with after the interview says otherwise.
Almost.

We are split into groups based on interview performance. A, B and C.

Then we are ranked by GAMSAT.

Where GAMSAT is the same, raw interview score is used.

Then offers are given out down the list. A's first, then B's etc.

Original post by Rich_JW95
I'm pretty sure that they only use GAMSAT scores to decide between 2+ candidates who are very close in terms of interview performance and weren't necessarily the best in the interview, i.e. you can have a great interview with the minimum GAMSAT score and get a place, but then if you and someone else didn't do so well in the interview and you happened to have the higher GAMSAT score, then they would choose you preferentially. So basically ace the interview and you're safe, it's just the sort of middle-range people where GAMSAT score becomes important again (which is why I'm hoping to ace my interview next week as I only have a GAMSAT of 60!).

That's my understanding anyway. Having said that, I haven't yet been interviewed so perhaps the information you're provided with after the interview says otherwise.
Original post by neuronerd
Almost.

Ah, thanks for clarifying!
Original post by neuronerd
Almost.

that's kinda weird? But thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending