The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r3cklesspixie
Firming Warwick
Is it a reputable Uni for Law amongst magic circle firms?

Yes. Look at the list of sponsors on the Warwick finance societies (which houses the Warwick commercial law society) website. Most of my LinkedIn network at Warwick atm have secured vac schemes/first year programmes etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aayushk
So what other factors, if any, should I consider?
Also, will the teaching standards differ substantially?
Which would you choose and why?

Thanks! :smile:

Location, module choice, type of assessment, societies available, study abroad locations (or even if it's a possibility), accommodation/cost of living etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student98x
Yeah it is:frown: what are you firming/insuring now?

I'm still waiting on Nottingham but expecting a rejection, think I'll firm Exeter and insure queens Belfast :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st
I'm still waiting on Nottingham but expecting a rejection, think I'll firm Exeter and insure queens Belfast :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are from Northern Ireland?
Original post by Cholesta
Are from Northern Ireland?

I'm from England originally but I'm living in Northern Ireland yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
STILL waiting on Bristol, this is killing me...
Original post by Princepieman
Location, module choice, type of assessment, societies available, study abroad locations (or even if it's a possibility), accommodation/cost of living etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, thank you! :smile:
Original post by r3cklesspixie
Firming Warwick
Is it a reputable Uni for Law amongst magic circle firms?

I will probably be firming Wawrick too!
Have a look at this: http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/where-to-start/newsletter/law-firms-preferred-universities
What is the latest people have recieves uni offers?? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We also live in Northern Ireland and if you don't get Nottingham, Queens has a very good reputation. My son wants to study law in England as he has lived here all his life. If you want to get away Exeter has become very popular with employers. I hope you hear good news from Nottingham soon if that is where you really want to go.
Original post by Cholesta
We also live in Northern Ireland and if you don't get Nottingham, Queens has a very good reputation. My son wants to study law in England as he has lived here all his life. If you want to get away Exeter has become very popular with employers. I hope you hear good news from Nottingham soon if that is where you really want to go.

Thank you so much! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
guyss anyone heard from nottingham yet? And is this the final day they are responding?
Original post by coconuticecream
guyss anyone heard from nottingham yet? And is this the final day they are responding?

I'm still waiting too, but I'm not too sure if they have to reply to us by today :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're also from Northern Ireland. Queens has a very good reputation for law but my son wants to study in England. I really hope you get Nottingham as it seems you have your heart set on it.
Holy **** Durham do something I'm just constantly refreshing my track
Original post by StudentACMW10
I'm still waiting too, but I'm not too sure if they have to reply to us by today :/

nah, I don't think that today is the ultimate deadline. It's just that when you email them they will always respond that they will try to give you an answer until the end of March... but so many people haven't heard anything yet (including me :c ) I doubt I'll hear from them today
Original post by SebastianCanuck

Nvm I just got an offer!
Nvm I just got an offer!

Congratulations! What's your offer if I may? Also, which are you going to firm and insure now?
Original post by sarahblake
STILL waiting on Bristol, this is killing me...

So am I .. from the law faculty they said that it could be until the middle of April because this year not only have they been oversubscribed, but the calibre of the students is extremely good and they said it was the same for Medicine. They also had a meeting today about it.
Reply 3819

I just got an offer from Durham...you will be hearing soon good Luck

Latest

Trending

Trending