The Student Room Group

I'm so hopeless in science I tried every revison technique

Im so dumb at science i try and try but it don't work. Should i just call sick on my exam day? Thats the only option unless you guys got a miracle tip to get me from a e to c. Ive read the revison guide and took notes and done a mindmap but it dont stick in my retarded head.
Reply 1
Have you tried doing past exam papers? Practice is key, honestly.
Don't call in sick on your exam day, don't give up yet! You can do this.
Reply 2
Have you tried recording your notes and listening to them often?
If visual and kinematic process intake of information won't work, audio might just do the trick!

Oh and of course, don't forget to do those past papers! They really do help one get a feel for the exams and the type of question they might ask on a topic.
(edited 8 years ago)
For science the best thing to do to improve your grade is past papers! Try doing them open book so you can apply knowledge to answers because some exam boards have ways of asking about things which isn't obvious
Reply 4
Try explaining it to someone - even if that 'someone' is your pillow or something. If you have willing parents or siblings thats great, but thats usually not an option!

So try learn a topic - photosynthesis for example; write or record notes or learn the information in some manner, and then explain it out loud as if you were in the room with someone who had never heard of it before. Explaining something is a great way of understanding info and remembering it.
Reply 5
So should i record myself reading the revison guide and then keep on listening to it? By the way thank you all for your advises
Original post by aamirac
Have you tried recording your notes and listening to them often?
If visual and kinematic process intake of information won't work, audio might just do the trick!

Oh and of course, don't forget to do those past papers! They really do help one get a feel for the exams and the type of question they might ask on a topic.
Original post by waleed29
Im so dumb at science i try and try but it don't work. Should i just call sick on my exam day? Thats the only option unless you guys got a miracle tip to get me from a e to c. Ive read the revison guide and took notes and done a mindmap but it dont stick in my retarded head.

Have you tried watching any videos on youtube?
Here's one:
https://www.youtube.com/user/myGCSEscience
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest