The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gotze won't come United unless Mourinho sells Mata and Rooney. Liverpool is probably the destination for him unless someone like Spurs or Juve come in for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5921
Original post by BeFoUr
Gotze won't come United unless Mourinho sells Mata and Rooney. Liverpool is probably the destination for him unless someone like Spurs or Juve come in for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chelsea?

Juventus don't necessarily need him and reckon he'll be in a similar situation to where he is now.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Chelsea?

Juventus don't necessarily need him and reckon he'll be in a similar situation to where he is now.

Yeah Chelsea is an option, depending on how Conte decides he wants to play (he could do numerous things, e.g. If he sticks to 4-2-3-1 which I doubt anyway bring Cuadrado back and play Hazard or Willian CAM) and how he rates Oscar. Juve is unrealistic as well tbf, and even Spurs seems unlikely as Eriksen fits their system perfectly. Liverpool is essentially the only club which can offer first team football regularly and there'd be no point moving from Bayern to scrap somewhere else. Ancelotti might come in and utilise him more though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5923
Original post by BeFoUr
Yeah Chelsea is an option, depending on how Conte decides he wants to play (he could do numerous things, e.g. If he sticks to 4-2-3-1 which I doubt anyway bring Cuadrado back and play Hazard or Willian CAM) and how he rates Oscar. Juve is unrealistic as well tbf, and even Spurs seems unlikely as Eriksen fits their system perfectly. Liverpool is essentially the only club which can offer first team football regularly and there'd be no point moving from Bayern to scrap somewhere else. Ancelotti might come in and utilise him more though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can see Mourinho selling Mata and then replacing him with Gotze though.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Can see Mourinho selling Mata and then replacing him with Gotze though.

Yeah he may do that, I'd be pissed considering we have many other glaring weaknesses in our first XI but it's something that he'd do tbh. Will be interesting to see if he sells Rooney in the summer as well though. In all honesty can see you lot getting him lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5925
Original post by BeFoUr
Yeah he may do that, I'd be pissed considering we have many other glaring weaknesses in our first XI but it's something that he'd do tbh. Will be interesting to see if he sells Rooney in the summer as well though. In all honesty can see you lot getting him lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would take Rooney on lower wages, I'd also take Mata.
Original post by BeFoUr
Thought about it actually and it's not that implausible. Certainly Bale is limited to a few clubs, and if he rejects Chelsea because of his Spurs loyalty then there's PSG, City, United and you that can afford him. Don't think Pep would blow basically his whole transfer kitty on him, PSG would probably have to offload to fit in (which they'd probably do tbf), so you'd have a chance, depending on how the rest of the season goes of course. Reus could be likely just down to the Klopp connection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

0 chance he goes to Liverpool over United

Original post by Real Friends
Bale would cost 60m+, we don't have that for one winger. We have something around 80m + sales, minus the 30m for Hector and Gotze. 60m isn't anywhere near Pep's kitty, and PSG are a definite possible destination. He's not leaving anyway because he's Perez's baby. Reus is a Dortmund fan and has had much better offers to leave in the past. No chance for either.

More realistic targets: Ousmane Dembele, Insigne/El Shaarawy (both left sided not right though), Salah

Can't see Real letting him go for less than what they paid, basically limiting him to United, City and PSG
Original post by difeo
Can't see Real letting him go for less than what they paid, basically limiting him to United, City and PSG

Why not? He's three years older, not discernibly better than his Tottenham days, if he's being allowed to leave then he's clearly unwanted by them, and it's Real's MO to sell ready made stars cheaper than they bought them, see Robben, Sneijder. Not many other comparable examples I guess but if he's leaving Madrid it's because Madrid don't want him, and that'll drive his price down. Plus they can't sell him more expensively than they bought him because it'll piss Ronaldo off at not being the most expensive anymore, which is probably the most important factor.

I don't think he's leaving anyway.
If Gotze moves to England, it's to reunite with Klopp. There's no two ways about it really.
Why not? He's three years older, not discernibly better than his Tottenham days, if he's being allowed to leave then he's clearly unwanted by them, and it's Real's MO to sell ready made stars cheaper than they bought them, see Robben, Sneijder. Not many other comparable examples I guess but if he's leaving Madrid it's because Madrid don't want him, and that'll drive his price down. Plus they can't sell him more expensively than they bought him because it'll piss Ronaldo off at not being the most expensive anymore, which is probably the most important factor.

I don't think he's leaving anyway.

3 years older but still young, just entering his prime in theory. And they weren't bought as ready made stars but Ozil and Di Maria are the most recent and were sold for anything but cheap, even though Real were forcing them out.

The way I was looking at it was, Ronaldo will leave soon and Bale is their ready made replacement, meaning it would have to be a new world record for any chance of a transfer. But as you say they'll only sell if he's unwanted, meaning him being their key man in future doesn't push his price up exactly, it just makes him unattainable.

Dunno what your second last sentence means btw, Ronaldo is already not the most expensive any more.
Original post by difeo
3 years older but still young, just entering his prime in theory. And they weren't bought as ready made stars but Ozil and Di Maria are the most recent and were sold for anything but cheap, even though Real were forcing them out.

The way I was looking at it was, Ronaldo will leave soon and Bale is their ready made replacement, meaning it would have to be a new world record for any chance of a transfer. But as you say they'll only sell if he's unwanted, meaning him being their key man in future doesn't push his price up exactly, it just makes him unattainable.

Dunno what your second last sentence means btw, Ronaldo is already not the most expensive any more.

42m for Ozil was cheap-ish. 59m for AdM was par for the market. I don't think they're good sellers, mainly because they have little bargaining power.

In Ronaldo's eyes he's still the most expensive, even if the Neymar deal and probably the Bale deal surpassed his fee.
Hector looked good. Seems a pretty straightforward transfer target for us. Seems strong defensively, very good movement and decision making going forwards. Joins counters very well but isn't kamikaze at all. Wouldn't give us decent width, little penetration through speed but could be found through well timed runs and will definitely contribute well to interplay around the box. His club have played him in midfield because of his decision making and good passing, we could do with some of that. If we need raw speed then Smith is a nice bench option.

If we do sign him and Gotze, then it becomes extremely important that the right winger we sign has raw speed. Nothing can replace speed and with Firmino, Gotze, Coutinho, Clyne and Hector our attacking outlets, it is imperative that we get in someone with pure speed and the know-how to run in behind the defence. Try Reus or Bale.

Do you not think Markovis will be the right-sided winger? I think he's got a future with us, and at least more of a future with us than Ibe currently has.

Hector is a really good player - and what strikes me most is the sheer amount of football he has played (26 out of 27 appearances this season, and 33 in both 2013/14 and 2014/15 respectively).
Original post by Mackay
Do you not think Markovis will be the right-sided winger? I think he's got a future with us, and at least more of a future with us than Ibe currently has.

I don't see what Markovic has done anything to warrant the starting role. Given that the player will be our main source of speed, we need somebody reliable and proven.
Firmino and Benteke major doubts v Spurs. Origi trained today and should be available. Coutinho fine despite having a long trip back from Paraguay.
Original post by mr tim
Firmino and Benteke major doubts v Spurs. Origi trained today and should be available. Coutinho fine despite having a long trip back from Paraguay.

Real shame about Firmino but at least we have Coutinho.

Maybe Sturridge will surprise us and do something decent; he's been a shadow of his former self.
yh real shadow, scoring at 1 every 100 minutes
yh real shadow, scoring at 1 every 100 minutes

You know what I mean friend :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
You know what I mean friend :smile:

Whatever your point is, it's incorrect. Sturridge has been better than expected. He has 7 goals in 11 starts, and leads the league for goals per 90 for players with more than 5 appearances. So if this isn't 'decent' enough for you, nothing ever will be. He's doing his job fine.
Whatever your point is, it's incorrect. Sturridge has been better than expected. He has 7 goals in 11 starts, and leads the league for goals per 90 for players with more than 5 appearances. So if this isn't 'decent' enough for you, nothing ever will be. He's doing his job fine.

I mean since he returned you mong
cba to be honest, you're not worth the effort

Latest