The Student Room Group

Friend won't talk to me properly

Tried to resolve the issue but nothing's changed and I'm not sure whether I should keep trying or if I should just forget about it and move on because it has been going on for a while now... thoughts?
Whats the background story? We can't help otherwise?
Reply 2
Original post by Lambert87
Whats the background story? We can't help otherwise?

Apparently I'm being distant and I explained that I wasn't going to leave or anything but they think I am and has stopped talking to me properly and sometimes it's just really awkward. They think I'm ignoring them sort of thing, but I'm really not - it's just that there's been a lot of work to do lately and I don't have time for talking as much because of the exams and stuff but they're getting the wrong idea. So the problem here is, this friend won't act normally around me and keeps saying that I'm being distant and thinks I'm doing it on purpose. It doesn't sound like much of a big deal but it's been going on for a while now so I don't know what to do... Do I try talking to them about it again or do I just forget about it for now... because I'm thinking, if they were a real friend, surely they'd understand and believe me when I say I'm just busy with school work and I'm not ignoring them?
Original post by Anonymous
Apparently I'm being distant and I explained that I wasn't going to leave or anything but they think I am and has stopped talking to me properly and sometimes it's just really awkward. They think I'm ignoring them sort of thing, but I'm really not - it's just that there's been a lot of work to do lately and I don't have time for talking as much because of the exams and stuff but they're getting the wrong idea. So the problem here is, this friend won't act normally around me and keeps saying that I'm being distant and thinks I'm doing it on purpose. It doesn't sound like much of a big deal but it's been going on for a while now so I don't know what to do... Do I try talking to them about it again or do I just forget about it for now... because I'm thinking, if they were a real friend, surely they'd understand and believe me when I say I'm just busy with school work and I'm not ignoring them?

Grab his attention by kissing him, then he will talk properly!
Reply 4
I have been on both sides of this situation in my life and I can understand why they might feel hurt - it does really suck when someone starts to get distant and it seems like your friendship is deteriorating.

However they do need to be prepared to actually talk to you about it. You should try and sit down and speak with them about how you're simply busy doing work and whatnot and that they're still a good friend to you; don't shoot down their feelings and say they way they're feeling is stupid or anything - acknowledge that you understand why they might be upset, but say that they don't have anything to worry about. Reassure them that you're still their friend and they just need to give you some space whilst you get busy cracking down with exam revision or whatever it is that you're doing.

It's really hard for people to understand that sometimes people are just busy and not distant, so just respect that is all I can say :tongue:
Leave it... If you have explained the situation and they are still being like that to you then I seriously wouldn't bother...

Life is too short
Reply 6
Original post by CanIBeBae?
Grab his attention by kissing him, then he will talk properly!

:biggrin: would try that IF they were a "he" xD
:biggrin: would try that IF they were a "he" xD

Cos its only slightly gay... Or you can hold hands???
Reply 8
Leave it... If you have explained the situation and they are still being like that to you then I seriously wouldn't bother...

Life is too short

That's sort of what I was starting to think. Eh, I think I'll just leave it as it is. Talking isn't working - tried that a couple of times. Maybe you're right - life is too short for stuff like this. :^_^:
Reply 9
Original post by CanIBeBae?
Cos its only slightly gay... Or you can hold hands???

no my friend, just no :lol:
Pour out ur feelings

It's not like your sleeping in the same bed, naked, and hugging each other tight?!!
It's not that deep!
Reply 12

Don't worry mate, I'll kiss him for you :laugh:

Life is too short

Agreed. A friend can sometimes be like this and he has explained (like this morning) that it's because he's just very busy. I say nothing, leave it and we just talk again when we have time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending